TOUROCOM NY Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what I'm hoping for. Did you follow Sn2ed famous schedule to get you a 34? What advice do you have? PM me lol

honest I did it all before I knew about this newfangled SDN thing. I just did questions. questions. and more questions.

I took a *Kaplan course just because I didnt know any physics II and it taught me that pretty well... but the constant lectures were rather pointless. The upside of it was that it gave me access to about 5 or 6 full previous MCATS to do.

*= it wasnt an official Kaplan course. Kaplan is based out of jersey, so the jersey state colleges have a deal to use their program outline and resources (but not their staff) at a ridiculously cheap price. I think it was $350 or $400 rather than $2,500 for the course.

Honestly though what put me over the edge was doing 5-6 practice MCATs given my kaplan/my school. and doing a practice MCAT available somewhere online. And doing the 3 practice MCATs in the back of the Kaplan textbook. If I had more time I would have bought exam krackers just to do more questions, forget the reading. I did read the book front to back once, but it was never about that. It was doing questions, reading the answers, and realizing where my weak spots were.

If i got the same tihng wrong a lot I'd go back and really study that subject. If i got it wrong infrequently, i'd simply read the answer explanation closely and move on with my life of studying. It honestly only took about 21-24 days of solid 9-4 studying to be totally ready for the test. and I was totally ready. I was scoring low and mid 30s on the practice tests (after scoring high 20's for he longest time) by the end. So I took it and my score on the actual test was equal to the highest practice test i'd ever taken. 34.

Members don't see this ad.

I want to preface this post with this...I decided to pursue medical school 3 years ago and since, it has been a dream of mine to attend med school in NYC. I interviewed and was put on the "priority waitlist" like many others...and received a hard copy rejection letter in the mail 1 week later. Was I disappointed? A little..BUT..I told myself after my interview that if I didn't get in I would be confident that there was nothing else I could have possibly done..my interview went great, I was impressed with the school, and had an unbelievable experience with the faculty and fellow interviewees. Furthermore, I have been incredibly blessed this cycle with 3 other acceptances. Now, why am I taking the time to write this?..because Im not the kind of person who writes on forums for fun. After reading a little bit and finding out that people were actually sent acceptances and then told that it was a mistake is a HUGE disappointment to those people. Even if you are biased and are the type of person who would be offended by this post, you can surely see how wrong this is for obvious reasons. Do mistakes happen?..absolutely..but this is incredibly disrespectful to its interviewers who probably jumped up and down and shouted to every person they knew that they got accepted. Touro..please get your admissions together. For those of you who attend the school, please bring it up to SOMEONE. To those who this happened to, I am sorry and I hope this cycle works out for you.

I'd try and sue for causal emotional distress.

honest I did it all before I knew about this newfangled SDN thing. I just did questions. questions. and more questions.

I took a *Kaplan course just because I didnt know any physics II and it taught me that pretty well... but the constant lectures were rather pointless. The upside of it was that it gave me access to about 5 or 6 full previous MCATS to do.

*= it wasnt an official Kaplan course. Kaplan is based out of jersey, so the jersey state colleges have a deal to use their program outline and resources (but not their staff) at a ridiculously cheap price. I think it was $350 or $400 rather than $2,500 for the course.

Honestly though what put me over the edge was doing 5-6 practice MCATs given my kaplan/my school. and doing a practice MCAT available somewhere online. And doing the 3 practice MCATs in the back of the Kaplan textbook. If I had more time I would have bought exam krackers just to do more questions, forget the reading. I did read the book front to back once, but it was never about that. It was doing questions, reading the answers, and realizing where my weak spots were.

If i got the same tihng wrong a lot I'd go back and really study that subject. If i got it wrong infrequently, i'd simply read the answer explanation closely and move on with my life of studying. It honestly only took about 21-24 days of solid 9-4 studying to be totally ready for the test. and I was totally ready. I was scoring low and mid 30s on the practice tests (after scoring high 20's for he longest time) by the end. So I took it and my score on the actual test was equal to the highest practice test i'd ever taken. 34.

Yeah I think the key is to do as many practice exams as possible. Learning the material is another thing, but test-taking is on a totally different level for sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ditto! I'm confused because the letter is dated the same day as the email. lol. It's ok because I already had a choice between two acceptances and put down my deposit for my #1 choice! .... Still, I'd like to point out that their inconsistency is pretty atrocious!

Just a bump so we can be at the top of the list again.

Also, as a recommendation to you guys. Do research once youre in med school. Cause presenting at conferences is a ton of fun (says the guy who just came back from the AAMC conference in Boston)

DocE, do you know if Touro offers any paid research positions in the summer time? Also, when approximately does summer break begin after first year?

DocE, do you know if Touro offers any paid research positions in the summer time? Also, when approximately does summer break begin after first year?

Sorry for the late reply limoncello. Current first year chiming in- from what they have told us (or at least made available) the research positions are not paid. There are a variety though that you can jump on to, or you can create your own and Touro has a grant writer who will help you to get funding. As far as when summer begins, things may have changed since you were here DocE. We're going through the first week of June this year (2nd years are done sometime around last week of April-2nd week of May...can't remember) and then we (1/2 year) start back July 30th. Gonna be a whirlwind summer. Plus, most profs tell us to enjoy this summer since its our last!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does the white coat ceremony take place at the beginning of first year or at the end of second year? This seems to be different for every school....

Does the white coat ceremony take place at the beginning of first year or at the end of second year? This seems to be different for every school....

The way it is now, it happens at the end of second year. I'm partial to it because I feel like I've earned it that way.

Does anyone know how much it costs to get the Master of Science (Interdisciplinary Studies in Biological and Physical Science) at Touro? is it the same as the med school tuition for one year? i looked at the website and couldnt really find anything.

I think it was 35K range if I remember correctly from the info the provided at the med school itnerview. I remember the average stats for the class they provided were a little odd, very low MCAT and very high GPA. Im pretty sure they said 19 was the average MCAt and the average undergrad GPA was 3.9

I think it was 35K range if I remember correctly from the info the provided at the med school itnerview. I remember the average stats for the class they provided were a little odd, very low MCAT and very high GPA. Im pretty sure they said 19 was the average MCAt and the average undergrad GPA was 3.9

Yeah your stats are correct, you need a min 2.5 or 2.75/4.0 (depending on which info sheet you go by) and a min 15 MCAT to apply and the average is 3.8 and 19.

Not sure about tuition but I could have sworn it was closer to 20k. 35k seems really steep for a degree which has no value other than giving you a shot to get into medical school.

Yeah your stats are correct, you need a min 2.5 or 2.75/4.0 (depending on which info sheet you go by) and a min 15 MCAT to apply and the average is 3.8 and 19.

Not sure about tuition but I could have sworn it was closer to 20k. 35k seems really steep for a degree which has no value other than giving you a shot to get into medical school.

More specifically, this medical school

More specifically, this medical school

Alot of people opt for the linkage but I have read that many apply to other schools and even use their performance in this program to bolster their case for MD programs.

class is almost full. just called today. i don't think there will be any waitlist movement.

There is always waitlist movement. It may be less that previous years.

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone went thru the Masters program at Touro-COM and if so, how was their experience?
Thanks!!!

Thanks NYK and Jlaw for the response.
doing this Masters program was my plan B if I didnt get accepted this cycle. it offers guaranteed matriculation into the med school (i dont anyone else does this) and I could use it to apply to other schools, and I'll stay in study mode for that year that I have off.

Thankfully I got accepted somewhere else for next year and I dont have to spend the $20k-30k for this program.

I received a deferred acceptance from the last application cycle for the class starting this fall (2012). I am rescinding my acceptance.. Sighhh...There goes my 2 grand :(

But, hopefully one of you gets it. The spot I meant not the 2 Gs coz if you do get my 2 Gs I will hunt you down..:D

G. luck...:thumbup:

Last edited:

The website says tuition is $11,900. http://www.touro.edu/med/tuition.html

Hmm last time I checked, the tuition was somewhere around $39,000, but now it's $41,000. I guess there was that much of an increase for our year?

Would there be any chance of someone knowing anything of someone getting/doing the NHSC scholarship program here?

I think we all got a mass e-mail about it earlier today and it sounds interesting/plausible enough and it's geared toward my interests (and tourocom's mission) in terms of specialty. Would anyone know of how difficult it is to land the scholarship and following it through with regards to getting into an approved residency site?

much thanks!

If you go to their website, the application guide answers most of those questions. The link is: http://nhsc.hrsa.gov/downloads/spapplicationguide.pdf

To my knowledge, there isn't anyone in my class participating in the program. As far as difficulty, with the way tuition is now, and how many people need aid, it's getting much more difficult. For 2011 they got 3200 applicants and awarded scholarships to 253 and continuing scholarships to 10.

Personally, I've found obtaining scholarships that aren't mass communicated much easier to obtain. Do some searching around and you'll find some.

How long does it take to hear back from the Master's program? I applied to the DO program, still have not heard from them on that, but spoke to several people in the Master's program. They asked me to apply and did an evaluation on the phone before I sent the application in. I sent it in today, but I was wondering how long it usually takes to hear back from them?

Just a quick question for the current students...

Where do you guys eat lunch when in school? I've been at the cafeteria during the interview day, but I thought you could only eat there so many times. Do students pack lunch from home? Or go out to eat in the city?

Just curious :)

Just a quick question for the current students...

Where do you guys eat lunch when in school? I've been at the cafeteria during the interview day, but I thought you could only eat there so many times. Do students pack lunch from home? Or go out to eat in the city?

Just curious :)

Most people bring lunch. grab something from the corner deli, or get something delivered. I've even heard that some people go home if they live close enough. I mean you can sit in the caf regardless...no limit!

Any more interview dates coming up? or is that a wrap for this cycle?

Housing near TouroCOM?

Hi all, looking for ideas from current/incoming students on how to find good housing for the upcoming year at TouroCOM. Where I live now (Boston), there are little real estate storefronts all over town, and you may pay up to a year's rent in fees, but it seems to save you a hassle.

I took a quick walk around the Harlem/Morningside neighborhood last week (was in town for other stuff), but couldn't find a single one. How do people find places to live in New York?

Here's what I'm looking for, if it helps people better assist me:
-Rent a studio or 1BR roughly walking/biking distance from the school, so +/- 10 blocks give or take.
-Low floor preferably (or elevator), no 4+ story walk-ups because I use my bike too often.
-Serviceable kitchen - not huge, but opening the fridge shouldn't knock the pots off the stove or the plants out the window.

I know most everyone says "look on craigslist," but I'm sick of ads that don't really give me enough information to tell if the place is worth it. I won't take anything sight-unseen either.

I'm also really curious about all the projects in the neighborhood. Can one qualify as a medical student for low-income housing? If so, how?

If you're a student now, or will be next year, where do you live? Where do you plan to live? How did you find your place?

Thanks for any tips!

Housing near TouroCOM?

Hi all, looking for ideas from current/incoming students on how to find good housing for the upcoming year at TouroCOM. Where I live now (Boston), there are little real estate storefronts all over town, and you may pay up to a year's rent in fees, but it seems to save you a hassle.

I took a quick walk around the Harlem/Morningside neighborhood last week (was in town for other stuff), but couldn't find a single one. How do people find places to live in New York?

Here's what I'm looking for, if it helps people better assist me:
-Rent a studio or 1BR roughly walking/biking distance from the school, so +/- 10 blocks give or take.
-Low floor preferably (or elevator), no 4+ story walk-ups because I use my bike too often.
-Serviceable kitchen - not huge, but opening the fridge shouldn't knock the pots off the stove or the plants out the window.

I know most everyone says "look on craigslist," but I'm sick of ads that don't really give me enough information to tell if the place is worth it. I won't take anything sight-unseen either.

I'm also really curious about all the projects in the neighborhood. Can one qualify as a medical student for low-income housing? If so, how?

If you're a student now, or will be next year, where do you live? Where do you plan to live? How did you find your place?

Thanks for any tips!

Craigslist, broker (seems to be a popular option), or the class facebook group

It will be much more affordable to live with roommates, in which case I would suggest you join our facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/161022677344453/ since it's a great resource for looking for potential roommates who will also be attending Touro in August. But if you prefer to live on your own, try to look under the "apartments by owner" section on Craiglist. Since some people mentioned they were able to find affordable 1br or studio apartments this way. Also, NY has a load of real estate companies so it shouldn't be a problem finding a broker, which in some cases might be helpful. Some people from our class already went apartment hunting and used brokers and reported back in our FB group their experience with them.

so this may be a bit early, but does anyone know what books we may need our first year?

thaanks!

This was last years. But keep in mind that books change, and you WILL NOT need most of them (ones in bold). And for the ones you need, 2nd years will sell them to you, or we have digital copies, and amazon prime can get them to you in 2 days.

2015 Booklist

Anatomy
Required Texts and Materials
1. Clincally Oriented Anatomy, 6th Ed.
a. Author = Anne M. R. Agur, Arthur F. Dalley, Keith L. Moore
b. Publisher = Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
c. Publication Date = Feb 2009
d. ISBN =9780781775250

2. Netter's Atlas, 5th ed.
a. Publisher = ICON Learning Systems; 3rd Edition edition (2004)
b. Publication Date =2009
c. ISBN =978-1929007585

3. Before We Are Born, 7th Ed.
a. Author = Moore, K and Persaud, T.V.N.
b. Publisher =Saunders; 7 edition
c. Publication Date =August 16, 2007
d. ISBN =978-1416037057

4. Author, Title, Edition,
a. Author =Tank, P. Grant
b. Publisher = Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
c. Publication Date = March 1, 2005
d. ISBN =978-0781758482

Recommended Texts
There are a number of good Atlases available.
• Agur, Anne. Grant's Atlas of Anatomy, 12th ed., Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2008,
• Tank's Grant's Dissector references illustrations in Grant's Atlas, 12th ed.
• Rohen's Color Atlas of Anatomy, 6th ed.
• Clemente's Atlas, 5th ed.
• Thieme has just published a beautiful 3 volume Atlas of Anatomy.

Biochemistry
1. Harvey & Ferrier, Lippincott's Illustrated Review: Biochemistry, 5th edition
a. Publication Date =2011
b. ISBN = 978-1-60831-412-6

Recommended Texts
1. Thompson & Thompson Genetics in Medicine, 6th edition
a. Author = Robert L. Nussbaum, et al
b. ISBN = 9780721602448

Histology
Semester 1
For Lecture Series
1. Mescher AL: Junqueira Basic Histology Text and Atlas, 12th Edition (M)
a. McGraw Hill Medical
b. 2010
c. Lange Textbooks.com
d. ISBN 9780071630207

For Lab Series
1. Ovalle WK, Nahirney PC. Netter's Essential Histology (N)
a. Saunders Elsevier
b. 2008
c. elsevier.com
d. ISBN 9781929007868

Semester 2
For Lecture Series
Rubin E, Reisner HM. Pathology, Clinicopathologic Foundation of Medicine, 6th Edition
e. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
f. 2012
g. lww.com
h. ISBN 9781605479682

OR

Kumar V, Abbas A, Fausto N, Aster J. Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. 8th Edition
a. Saunders Elsevier
b. 2010
c. elsevier.com
d. ISBN 9781416031215

For Lab Series
Wheater's Basic Pathology, A text, and review of Histopathology, 5th Edition
e. Churchill, Livingstone Elsevier
f. 2011
g. elsevierhealth.com
h. ISBN 9780443067976

Recommended Texts
1. Andreoli, TE, Carpenter, C. Cecil Essentials of Medicine, 8th Edition,
a. Elsevier
b. 2010
c. elsevier.com
d. ISBN 1416061096

Immunology
1. Abbas AK, Lichtman, AH. Basic Immunology: Functions and Disorders of the Immune System, Updated 3rd Edition. Saunders Elsevier 2011. ISBN =978-1-4160-5569-3

2. Murray PR, Rosenthal KS, Pfaller MA. Medical Microbiology, 6th Edition. Mosby 2009 ISBN =9780-323-05470-6

Recommended Texts
1. The Immune System 3rd Ed Peter Parham Garland Science 2009 ISBN 978-0-8153-4146-8
Intro to Clinical Medicine
There is no Required Textbook; students will be responsible for selected readings.

Neuroanatomy
1. Barr's – The human nervous system 9th edition (Kiernan and Barr, 2009)
ISBN: 0-7817-8256-2 from Lippincott Williams & Wilkins

Highly recommend texts for the course
1. The human brain (Nolte and Sundsten, 2002)
2. Netter's concise neuroanatomy (Rubin et al., 2007)
3. Neuroanatomy (Haines and Haines, 2008)
4. Neuroanatomy an illustrated colour text (Crossman and Neary, 2005)
5. Textbook of clinical neurology (Goetz, 2003)

Recommended Texts
1. Electrodiagnosis in clinical neurology (Aminoff, 2005)
2. Neuroscience exploring the brain (Bear et al., 2007)
3. Neurological examination made easy (Fuller, 2004)
4. Neuroanatomy for medical students (Wilkinson, 1998)
5. Basic clinical neuroanatomy (Young and Young, 1997)
6. Neuroanatomy made easy and understandable (Liebman and Tadmor, 1986)

OMM I
1. An Osteopathic Approach to Diagnosis & Treatment, by DiGiovanna, Eileen; Schiowitz, Stanley; Dowling, Dennis; 3rd ed, 2005, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 0-78174293-5.

2. Foundations for Osteopathic Medicine, AOA, Executive ED, Chila, Anthony, 3rd Ed, 2011; Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins. ISBN 978-0-7817-6671-5.

3. Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities by Hoppenfeld, Stanley, Prentice Hall, 1976, ISBN: 0-8385-7853-5

Physical Diagnosis
1. Bates' Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking, 10th Edition
a. Author=Lynn S. Bickley
b. Editor =Bickley
c. Publisher =Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
d. Publisher Webpage=http://www.lww.com/
e. Publication Date =2009
f. ISBN =978-0-7817-8058-2
Listed on schedule under "Assignments" as: BG
NOTE: Bates' Pocket Guide to Physical Examination and History Taking is not acceptable

2. Physical Examination of the Spine and Extremities
a. Author=Stanley Hoppenfeld
b. Editor =Hoppenfeld
a. Publisher =Prentice Hall
b. Publisher Webpage=http://www.prenticehall.com/
c. Publication Date = 1976
d. ISBN = 0-8385-7853-5
Listed on schedule under "Assignments" as: H

3. Stethoscope with dual head (separate diaphragm and bell), adult blood pressure cuff, coaxial ophthalmoscope (panoptic is not required), otoscope with pneumatic bulb, reflex hammer, 2 tuning forks (512-1024hz and 128hz) and penlight. Students are responsible for bringing the appropriate equipment to each laboratory skills session

Recommended Texts
1. Bates' Visual Guide to Physical Examination DVD Series Volumes 1-19, 4th Edition*
a. Author= Lynn S. Bickely,
b. Editor = Bickley
c. Publisher = Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
d. Publisher Webpage = http://www.lww.com/
e. Publication Date =2005
f. ISBN =0/7817-5861-0
*This is available on reserve in the library

2. Textbook of Physical Diagnosis, 6th Edition
a. Author= Mark H. Swartz
b. Publisher = Saunders Elsevier
c. Publisher Webpage = www.elsevier.com
d. ISBN = 978-14-4160-6203-5

Physiology
1. Linda S. Costanzo, Physiology, 4th Edition,
a. Editor =William Schmitt
b. Publisher = Saunders Elsevier
c. Publisher Webpage= www.elsevier.com
d. Publication Date =2006
e. ISBN =1416061096

2. Betrand G. Katzung and et el. Basic and Clinical Pharmacology, 11th edition
a. Editor = Betrand G. Katzung, Susan B. Masters & Anthony J. Trevor
b. Publisher =McGraw-Hill Companies
c. Publisher Webpage=www.mcgraw-hillmedical.com
d. Publication Date =2009
e. ISBN =978-0-07-160405-5

Recommended Texts
1. W.F Boron & E.l Boulpaep, Medical Physiology, 2nd edition,
a. Editor =Walter F. Boron & Emile L. Boulaep
b. Publisher =Saunders Elsevier
c. Publisher Webpage=www.elsevier.com
e. ISBN =978-1-4160-3115-4

2. Arthur C. Guyton & John E. Hall, Text Book of Medical Physiology, 12th edition,
a. Editor =William Schmitt
b. Publisher =Saunders Elsvier
c. Publisher Webpage=www.elsevier.com
e. ISBN =1416045740

3. David E. Golan and et el., Principles of Pharmacology, 2nd edition,
a. Editor =Donna Balado
b. Publisher =Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
c. Publisher Webpage=www.LWW.com
d. Publication Date =2008
e. ISBN =978-0-7817-8355-2

4. Joseph T. Dipiro and et el. Pharmacotherapy; A Pathophysiologic Approach, 6th edition
a. Editor = Joseph T. Dipiro
b. Publisher =McGraw-Hill Companies
c. Publisher Webpage=www.mcgraw-hillmedical.com
d. Publication Date =2005
e. ISBN =0-07-141613-7

PMPH

1. Ann Aschengrau, ScD, and George R. Seage, ScD. Essentials of Epidemiology in Public Health, Second Edition
a. Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers
b. Publisher web page: http://www.jbpub.com
c. Publication year of the text book: 2008
d. ISBN-13: 978-0-7637-40252
e. ISBN-10: 076374025X

2. Richard K Riegelman MD, MPH, PhD. Studying a study and testing a test: How to read the Medical Evidence. Edition: 5th
a. Publication year of the text book: 2004
b. Publisher: Lippincott Williams &Wilkins
c. Publisher web page: http://www.lww.com
d. ISBN – 10: 0781745764
e. ISBN – 13: 9780781745765

Recommended Texts
1. Bernard J. Turnock, MD, MPH. Essentials of Public Health
a. Publication year of the text book: 2007
b. Publisher: Jones and Bartlett Publishers
c. Publisher web page: http://www.jbpub.com
d. ISBN - 13: 9780763745257
e. ISBN-10: 0763745251

2. Manya Magnus, PhD, MPH. Essentials of Infectious Disease Epidemiology.
a. Publication year of the text book: 2008
d. ISBN – 13: 978 0763734442
e. ISBN-10: 0763734446

3. Constance Urciolo Battle, MD. Essentials of Public Health Biology: A guide for the study of pathophysiology.
a. Publication year of the text book: 2009
d. ISBN-13: 9780763744649
e. ISBN-10: 0763744646

4. Rockett IRH. Population and Health: An Introduction to Epidemiology. 2nd ed. Washington, DC: Population Bulletin: A publication of the population Reference Bureau. Vol 54, No 4; December 1999. ISSN: 0032468X. This publication can be downloaded: http://www.prb.org/source/54.4 pop HealthEpidemiology.pdf.
Problem Based Learning
(TBA)

oh wow, that's a massive list haha
thanks for being so helpful!

Touro will be starting new residencies in FM, IM, general surgery, and traditional rotating internship starting July 1, 2012. The residencies will be based out of palisades medical center and will include meadowlands hospital, and englewood hospital as well as several other hospitals and clinics in north NJ. Touro also had applied for residencies in dermatology, EM, and anesthesia but no word on their progress or rejection.

http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...essionid=f0302384ca0eb3e8489a63546f4f6e77417d

Touro will be starting new residencies in FM, IM, general surgery, and traditional rotating internship starting July 1, 2012. The residencies will be based out of palisades medical center and will include meadowlands hospital, and englewood hospital as well as several other hospitals and clinics in north NJ. Touro also had applied for residencies in dermatology, EM, and anesthesia but no word on their progress or rejection.

http://opportunities.osteopathic.or...essionid=f0302384ca0eb3e8489a63546f4f6e77417d

Wow, this is such an exciting news. Personally, I love how Touro has its training sites in north jersey as opposed to the city b/c that's where I have my family and friends.

About how long does it take to hear back from the Interdisciplinary Studies program?
And does anyone know how many students they accept for this? They got my application last Thursday, and I would like to know before I graduate if I have somewhere to go next year. I have a 3.51 GPA and a 25 MCAT.

My friend goes to this school. He had a 3.2gpa, 25 MCAT. Applied in October, submitted secondary in February, interviewed in March, and was waitlisted a few weeks later.

3 days before school started, he got a phone call from the dean stating that he had 72 hours to move to NYC and be in class by Monday morning. With that said, be prepared to move at any second, even if its just 3 days before school starts.

Good luck to all of you who wish to go here. If you like city life, this is the place to be. I personally do not like this school, nor Harlem. I have had bad experiences in the neighborhood while living in upper Manhattan for two years as a student attending Columbia for my MPH.

can you elaborate more on these "bad experiences"? In which part of upper Manhattan did you live?