TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would you recommend this program for someone with 3.2 science gpa and 502 mcat?

Congratulation!
May I ask for which campus?

I just had an interview at Harlem campus. They were really nice and friendly.

Harlem as well, I agree :) I felt very welcomed to the school

Members don't see this ad :)
Would you recommend this program for someone with 3.2 science gpa and 502 mcat?

Coming from someone with a similar GPA and lower MCATs, I definitely recommend this program. During my interview they truly saw me for my passion and not my numbers. I would much rather pursue a program with the support that Touro offers rather than attempt to take the MCAT a third time. I know there are many success stories of the latter, but I know myself and I would much more benefit from grinding through Master's program to be ultra prepared come M1.

Thankyou. I have a much lower GPA and MCAT around 500. I wonder if they will see that negatively.

I can assure you, you will be fine. My GPA is around 3.3 and I had two MCATs sub 500. I know this is a red flag to many. But this Master's program accepted me because they truly saw my passion in pursuing osteopathic medicine, and did not judge me for my numbers. They were addressed in my interview but literally for 1 minute

Harlem as well, I agree :) I felt very welcomed to the school
So...I emailed Harlem about regarding the deposit, which they stated there is no deposit for this program. Is this true?
I am kinda scared that during these times, the program may be cancelled or delayed.

So...I emailed Harlem about regarding the deposit, which they stated there is no deposit for this program. Is this true?
I am kinda scared that during these times, the program may be cancelled or delayed.

True- no deposit.

I am really nervous too... I emailed them yesterday for an update regarding COVID-19 and the program, no response yet. I can let you know what they say when they reply! I am from Michigan so I feel so lost on when to move and stuff haha

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I had an interview 3 weeks ago with touro Harlem for the MS. I have not yet gotten a notice on the decision. I have seen through out the forum that it can take 2-3 weeks. I am just getting a bit anxious.

Has anyone been denied even though they had interview?

Hey guys,

I had an interview 3 weeks ago with touro Harlem for the MS. I have not yet gotten a notice on the decision. I have seen through out the forum that it can take 2-3 weeks. I am just getting a bit anxious.

Hey, don't worry, they're probably just backed up with COVID-19 stuff especially being in NYC. You should be hearing back soon, the committee meets at the end of the month and then they send out decisions

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,

Yeah. Everything is delayed in NYC right now. Everyone is required to work at home and I believe they're focusing on keeping the courses running smoothly online.

You can email to ask for an update if you want. Of course, don't be pushy, but asking for any update because of this virus is probably normal.

Hello everyone! I have my interview tomorrow at 10 from Middletown. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how their online interview went and what type of stuff they focused on.
Thanks!

Hello everyone! I have my interview tomorrow at 10 from Middletown. I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on how their online interview went and what type of stuff they focused on.
Thanks!
Sorry. Probably should have asked a few more days before.
Anyways, from my interview, I was asked mostly the generic stuffs like "why DO?", "why this program?", "why you fit?". The majority of the interview, I was asked about my application (like what happened?) and my point of view as well as my plan to succeed. This is an in-person interview btw.

I hope you aced yours :)
Middletown is a lovely place (no distraction from studying) and the facility looks great. Dorm looks cozy too. I'd go there if I didn't already have a place in the Bronx (so I'm going to Harlem).

Do let us know how it went:)

Sorry. Probably should have asked a few more days before.
Anyways, from my interview, I was asked mostly the generic stuffs like "why DO?", "why this program?", "why you fit?". The majority of the interview, I was asked about my application (like what happened?) and my point of view as well as my plan to succeed. This is an in-person interview btw.

I hope you aced yours :)
Middletown is a lovely place (no distraction from studying) and the facility looks great. Dorm looks cozy too. I'd go there if I didn't already have a place in the Bronx (so I'm going to Harlem).

Do let us know how it went:)
Hello!
Definitely should have asked a little earlier but was still waiting on responses from other schools. Actually it went great! I interviewed with Dr. Kaur and she was amazing and welcoming. They asked me similar questions and I received my acceptance email today to Middletown masters!
Is there anyone who can shed some light on how the program is and some matriculation stats of students who meet the benchmarks?
Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students yet?

So an update... I’ve been waitlisted for the MS program at Harlem. I had to email them about a month after my interview. As soon as I asked, I received the decision. I now have to wait until the end of April for an update or decision. Does any one know how many people are on the waitlist? I’ve tried contacting others who have been previously waitlisted on the thread but no one has answered.

Anyone know if there is a facebook group for accepted students yet?

I found one for Harlem, its called TouroCOM Harlem Master 2021 but my request to join hasn't been accepted yet.

Update! I got accepted! Il see you guys soon.

Last edited:
Update! I got accepted! Il see you guys soon.
Hey i got accepted as well, do you know if the acceptance form is the official acceptance and if we can withdraw in the summer for whatever reasons

Congratulation!
May I ask for which campus?

I just had an interview at Harlem campus. They were really nice and friendly.
Hey i got accepted as well, do you know if the acceptance form is the official acceptance and if we can withdraw in the summer for whatever reasons

Middletown took longer to respond than Harlem, almost a month for me. Harlem I received an acceptance after about 2 weeks.

Hello!
Definitely should have asked a little earlier but was still waiting on responses from other schools. Actually it went great! I interviewed with Dr. Kaur and she was amazing and welcoming. They asked me similar questions and I received my acceptance email today to Middletown masters!
Is there anyone who can shed some light on how the program is and some matriculation stats of students who meet the benchmarks?
Thanks!!
CONGRATS Zamem. Glad to hear you got in. I also plan on submitting my app for this school in a couple days.
If you feel comfortable could pls let me know what your MCAT and GPA was?

In terms of Extracurricular I am confident but my MCAT is lacking, I am a bad test-taker and did better on my practice MCAT exams.

Congratulations!!
For the Harlem campus?
I actually don't know the answer to your question. Honestly, I thought I'd do the same thing but the cycle didn't end well for me so I'm going to Harlem MS after all.

CONGRATS Zamem. Glad to hear you got in. I also plan on submitting my app for this school in a couple days.
If you feel comfortable could pls let me know what your MCAT and GPA was?

In terms of Extracurricular I am confident but my MCAT is lacking, I am a bad test-taker and did better on my practice MCAT exams.

Hello! My MCAT was a 494 while my cGPA is a 3.5 (with a big upward trend bless) and my sGPA is a 3.4. I still have another semester of grades left and my EC were okay with very little research at all.

hey guys! i was wondering if anyone here can help me pick between this program and LECOM-Eries Post bacc program! I had a 497 3.3 cgpa and 3.0 sgpa from Binghamton University- I am nervous because I heard the touro ms is very competitive!

Did anyone get rejected after an interview as of yet? I’m scared since I havnt heard back anything as of yet?

Has anyone gotten any news on what the next steps are after getting accepted? (applying for financial aid, orientation, student portal/news, etc.) I haven't heard back from them since I got accepted in March which is kind of concerning.

Has anyone gotten any news on what the next steps are after getting accepted? (applying for financial aid, orientation, student portal/news, etc.) I haven't heard back from them since I got accepted in March which is kind of concerning.
Same for me. I sent them an email around that time and they told me to wait for the "welcome" packet.

There is one thing though. When I check Touro Portal, in the "My Academic Profile" section, I can see that my name is on the Fall 2020 Masters program.

Reactions: 1 users
Same for me. I sent them an email around that time and they told me to wait for the "welcome" packet.

There is one thing though. When I check Touro Portal, in the "My Academic Profile" section, I can see that my name is on the Fall 2020 Masters program.

Hi! I've been wondering about the same. How do you have access to the Touro Portal? I have not received any instructions for that. Was accepted in Jan

I do regularly check the website for updates regarding COVID-19. Summer courses will be via Zoom, I registered for anatomy

Hi! I've been wondering about the same. How do you have access to the Touro Portal? I have not received any instructions for that. Was accepted in Jan

I do regularly check the website for updates regarding COVID-19. Summer courses will be via Zoom, I registered for anatomy
Sorry, my bachelor is from one of their colleges so I have the same Touro student account. I am not sure how others would get the access (honestly, I thought everyone would get some kind of log-in information by now).

The summer anatomy seems beneficial and I was going to register for it but the cost is a bit high for me...so I am saving up for it :)

Congratsss

who did you email regarding the decision? The interviewer or someone else?
I emailed the program admin myself. I think you can email them for an update if you haven't done so already.

are people planning on moving this summer? I am so confused what to do LOL

hi everyone !
can any former MS students on this forum share their experiences with this program?

Does anyone know what the average mcat and gpa for accepted students?

I don't know the average mcat and gpa but I had 2.8 Gpa and 495 mcat and I got accepted to Middletown.

I know my grades and mcat were red flag for me and the interviewer asked about them. I was honest and explained why it happened. We only talked about it for couple of minutes. For the rest of the time, he asked me a lot of questions about my experiences. I actually really enjoyed the interview and the interview went longer than scheduled.

What I noticed was that they care a lot more about your passion for medicine especially DO than the average GPA or MCAT. Of course, GPA & MCAT are important, but I was able to tell and show my ambition to be a Doctor.

FYI: I had over 3 years of clinical voluteering (6 hrs/week) + 1 year clinical research in ER (10 hrs/week) + 8 months of lab volunteer (12 hr/week) + 1 year of community service (12 hr/month) + and most importantly shadowing a DO doctor over a summer.

Hi guys,

I just got accepted! I will be attending the Middletown campus. Is there a facebook page for that?

I ever since my acceptance, I have been looking into moving to NY since I'm from the south. I've been searching and gathering info but It seems almost impossible to rent an apt if you do not have 80-100x the monthly rent in income or without a guarantor. How do students usually go about renting apartments off campus? Especially since Financial aid usually doesn't kick in until about 2-3 weeks after the beginning of the semester?

In addition to my last post above:
I've only thought about these 5 things:
1: Make the income requirements. (usually like 30-40x the monthly rent)
- Nearly impossible if we will be studying 10-12 hrs a day.
2: Use a guarantor with the 80-100x income requirements.
- only if your friends or family are making like $200K EX: Rent for a NICE 1 bdr apt is hovering around $2.5K that x 80 is about $200k which is minimally required if you are using guarantor.
3: Get guarantors insurance. (like insurent)
-They charge 1 time fee of 1 months rent ($1.5k-$2K)
-only if you are have proof of income it can drop the rates of gurantorship (if that's even a word lol) EX: if I make $60k I can qualify for a apt that is $2.5K/ month and not have to worry about the crazy income requirement because they will act as my guarantor.
4: Room with ppl to make up the income requirement:
-get like another roommate and split the income requirement EX: if apt is $2.5k the income requirements are 30-40x so that would be $75k... so each of you would need to make at least $35k in last years income tax
5: Get a private loan and Pay off the first yrs rent in full and pay the loan with the financial aid ASAP.
-a bit sketch and your land lord might suspect you of doing illegal activites so it might be hard for someone to accept these conditions with out proper paper work and making you jump through hoops

This suuuuuuucks because for my current apt down here in the south I'm paying like 1K for a nice apt and have like 900sqft.... over in NY that can afford you a nice spot under a bridge or a comfy shoe box and a roach for a roommate LOL

- only if your friends or family are making like $200K EX: Rent for a NICE 1 bdr apt is hovering around $2.5K that x 80 is about $200k which is minimally required if you are using guarantor.
-only if you are have proof of income it can drop the rates of gurantorship (if that's even a word lol) EX: if I make $60k I can qualify for a apt that is $2.5K/ month and not have to worry about the crazy income requirement because they will act as my guarantor.
-get like another roommate and split the income requirement EX: if apt is $2.5k the income requirements are 30-40x so that would be $75k... so each of you would need to make at least $35k in last years income tax
5: Get a private loan and Pay off the first yrs rent in full and pay the loan with the financial aid ASAP.
-a bit sketch and your land lord might suspect you of doing illegal activites so it might be hard for someone to accept these conditions with out proper paper work and making you jump through hoops

This suuuuuuucks because for my current apt down here in the south I'm paying like 1K for a nice apt and have like 900sqft.... over in NY that can afford you a nice spot under a bridge or a comfy shoe box and a roach for a roommate LOL

Damn...are you going to Harlem campus? I can ask my friends see if any of them have an extra room for rent. I wish you good luck :)

Damn...are you going to Harlem campus? I can ask my friends see if any of them have an extra room for rent. I wish you good luck :)

Yes I am going to the Harlem campus. And thank you.

Former Master's Student here.

I had that exact same problem when attending at the Harlem campus. I suggest you try to reach out to current students or even admin. I remember they had a spreadsheet of people that were looking for roommates. Keep in mind that it has been a couple years so idk if they still do that.

In my experience, I literally just called around and was able to find a place in Queens of someone that just owned a house and was renting the basement apartment(not the funnest option).

But yes, finding a place to live in NY is a beast, best to use the connections you have.

Good luck!

Did anyone receive email from Dr. Rich regarding the summer courses?

Yes, I just did. I didn't realize it started that soon. I haven't even applied for financial aid yet since i'm still waiting to hear back from other schools. Do you plan on taking the courses?

Yes, I just did. I didn't realize it started that soon. I haven't even applied for financial aid yet since i'm still waiting to hear back from other schools. Do you plan on taking the courses?
I really do want to register for all 3. I was under the impression that each course will go back to back. I didn't know that all three will fit into a month, that's intense.

I really do want to register for all 3. I was under the impression that each course will go back to back. I didn't know that all three will fit into a month, that's intense.
oh wow, why all 3? I am just taking anatomy because its the most recommended and most credits during the program

I would just take anatomy as well. it looks like these courses are just to grasp some of the foundations. They are non-credit classes so I think I might pass on them.