TouroCOM Master's Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
HEY YALL!!!!! Im from the Masters Class of 2010... Sorry that not alot of us have been on here but we have been working hard lol anyways I just want to say if you applying to this program to avoid the MCAT... nix that idea lol It is a pipeline but things have changed with our program. They have implemented the MCAT and a Anatomy Standard Exam that we have to pass in order to matriculate. Depending on your GPA you either have to take BOTH exams or ONE exam (depending on which one you feel comfy with).

Hey would you be willing to discuss this more? What were the stats last year? Also when did you hear back from Touro? I haven't heard anything yet!

Members don't see this ad.

Ok this program we work hard throughout. The summer is very rigorous. They fall and spring is a not rigorous but you still work hard. The MCAT is need to get into the Masters program but there was a point when the MCAT wasnt need to get into the medical school. I am not going to say what a passing score is because it may not be the same for your class.
Greetings

So I emailed them regarding my application status and this is the response I got, is this a bad response?

Please note, the review of applications is ongoing and will continue throughout the spring semester. As it stands right now, your application is still under consideration but has not yet been chosen for an interview. While we understand that you would like an immediate answer as to your potential for an interview, we can only relay to you that your application is still under consideration and that the review process will be taking place during the entire spring semester with an anticipated completed selection of the class by the end of May 2010

Greetings

So I emailed them regarding my application status and this is the response I got, is this a bad response?

Please note, the review of applications is ongoing and will continue throughout the spring semester. As it stands right now, your application is still under consideration but has not yet been chosen for an interview. While we understand that you would like an immediate answer as to your potential for an interview, we can only relay to you that your application is still under consideration and that the review process will be taking place during the entire spring semester with an anticipated completed selection of the class by the end of May 2010

I'm actually waiting on a response from them as well. How early did you apply?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was missing my recommendation letters so I got an email from Touro about it. Anyone else hear anything from them so far? I think we might hear some news by end of this month :oops:

So i received this email yesterday march 18th...

"A recent review of our records indicates that your application file to the Masters program is now complete.

The next step in this process is a comprehensive wide-scope evaluation of all applicants who have applied for the incoming class of 2010. There have been a number of applicants, thus, the comprehensive evaluation process for the program is ongoing throughout the entire spring semester and applicants may be called in for interviews as late as the final week of May. If you have not received an invitation for an interview by the end of the second week of May, you may contact the program via email to inquire about the probability of receiving an interview for the Masters class of 2010"

Let's hope some of us hear for interviews..good luck people!!

Is there a phone number we can call them? I am trying to figure out if my application is complete or not.

also, how long did it take for them to deposit your check? Mine hasn't gone through yet so now I am wondering if they ever got my application.

where is the application for this program?!?! I cant find it anywhere on the website, all i can find is a PDF file that lists the deadline/description of the program. touro's website is horrible

Is there a phone number we can call them? I am trying to figure out if my application is complete or not.

also, how long did it take for them to deposit your check? Mine hasn't gone through yet so now I am wondering if they ever got my application.

you can try calling at this number (212) 851-1199...I don't know the exact date for them to receive my deposit check but I'm guessing around 3 weeks..and I believe if your application is complete/in-complete, they should contact you. Or you can also email them at [email protected]

where is the application for this program?!?! I cant find it anywhere on the website, all i can find is a PDF file that lists the deadline/description of the program. touro's website is horrible

just send them an email and they should send you the application.

[email protected]

just send them an email and they should send you the application.

[email protected]

hey i've been having the same issue in regards of getting a hold of an application. I have sent multiple emails and have left many messages and yet i have not received an response. is there anyway you can email me the application? if anyone is willing to email it to me just PM me and i'll give you all my contact info. thank you!

Last edited:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew what the new policy on the MCATs was, is there a required score in order to matriculate into the medical school once you finish the master's program. I send out an email but no one responded. Also does anyone know if the program is binding?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All, I have received an interview date for May 4th. Has anyone had an interview yet or received a date confirmation?? Any idea what to expect with regard to the questions and format?

Hopeful01, I am pretty sure Mr. Figueroa said that the lowest score acceptable for the Masters Program is a 17 and that once in, you must maintain your GPA at a 3.5 or above to receive admission into the DO program. Correct me if I am wrong someone but I believe this is the case.

Hey Desde,

I am applying to this program, have you sent in your app?

Dimelo Nene, I have applied and have an interview scheduled for May 4th. What is your status with the process?

I have my interview soon for the Masters program and curious about how the MCAT is evaluated and other procedural questions.

1. once we are accepted to this program, do we apply to AACOMAS this summer to be considered for medical school class of 2011, or we don't follow that traditional procedure?
2. Acceptance will be solely dependent on our performance in this program, regardless of our MCAT score?

So i just recieved the email for the interview...either this thurs the 6th or next week on 11th...I'm thinking of 11th so far. good luck guys!!

I have my interview soon for the Masters program and curious about how the MCAT is evaluated and other procedural questions.

1. once we are accepted to this program, do we apply to AACOMAS this summer to be considered for medical school class of 2011, or we don't follow that traditional procedure?
2. Acceptance will be solely dependent on our performance in this program, regardless of our MCAT score?

I don't know the ans to the first ques but I believe that's something we'll know after or during our interview...or im sure we can ask the interviewer?

For the 2nd ques, i know students who had to re-take mcats to improve their score in-order to matriculate into the Do school. This depends on your current mcat score. So lets say one has a 15 currently for the mcat, they might get in the masters program (just an example) but I'm sure they will have to re-take the exam inorder to matriculate into the DO program.

When are interviewing?

Unfortunately not :(

Does anyone else have any insight on what financial aid might be available?

I actually emailed him and he got back saying the following:

"Most students take out federal loans for the program. Once you are excepted this information will be emailed to you"

question...is news of acceptance given via email or snail mail? just curious.

Interviewed yesterday, heard back today. now the fun part begins, looking for a place to live :scared: and working my butt off for the next year.:eek:

PM me if you want to share your knowledge on housing around harlem.

Interviewed yesterday, heard back today. now the fun part begins, looking for a place to live :scared: and working my butt off for the next year.:eek:

PM me if you want to share your knowledge on housing around harlem.

Wow, that was fast! Congrats! I have my interview tomorrow. I hope they accept me as fast as they accepted you! :p Where are you from? You can check out apartments in the Bronx and take the train to school. Rent is cheaper in the Bronx.

just found out i've been accepted to the program! very excited as this was my no 1 choice!

just found out i've been accepted to the program! very excited as this was my no 1 choice!

Congrats! I just got back from my interview. I was really impressed with the school and the program. Where are you from? Are you looking for a place near the school or commuting?

Congrats! I just got back from my interview. I was really impressed with the school and the program. Where are you from? Are you looking for a place near the school or commuting?
i'm from connecticut but definitely looking to move to the city! hopefully you'll hear some good news soon :)

I just sent in my response letter. :D I'm working on my living arrangement and would appreciate any tips on where to look for or stay away from for housing.

I just sent in my response letter. :D I'm working on my living arrangement and would appreciate any tips on where to look for or stay away from for housing.
woohoo! congrats! i've been asking EVERYONE for tips about housing in nyc, and all i've taken away is be prepared to pay a lot...but after your response is received by the admissions office, you'll get an email with places and people to contact regarding housing.

anyone interested in looking at housing/having roommates?

Hey! I just got into the program I heard back Wednesday! I am looking for housing in the city, I'm thinking the upper east side since its not a bad commute to harlem!! I have found a few affordable places but still in need of a roommate.. If anyone wants to look for a place with me, let me know!!!!

Last edited:
Just found out I've been accepted! I'm excited to join you guys in June! :soexcited:

woohoo! congrats! i've been asking EVERYONE for tips about housing in nyc, and all i've taken away is be prepared to pay a lot...but after your response is received by the admissions office, you'll get an email with places and people to contact regarding housing.

I;m looking for a roommate thats in the program.. If you haven't found a roommate and want to look for a place let me know!! School starts in a few weeks!!

i think we should organize something were we can meet up in the city one day (relatively soon of course), maybe with one of the recommended realtors, and just look at a bunch of places. we can always figure out who wants roommates and all that in person, after we meet each other :)

wow...congrats to the accepted students...its nice to see a good number here....my interview is this coming Tues @ 1 pm...anyone else out there interviewing that day? I went to city college so I'm familiar with the area....you guys can get apts around city college..around 137st n convent ave...rents vary...but it can go as low as 400 bucks/month....and of course with a roommate it will be alot cheaper....well I'll let you guys know what happens with me...enjoy ur break for few weeks :D

wow...congrats to the accepted students...its nice to see a good number here....my interview is this coming Tues @ 1 pm...anyone else out there interviewing that day? I went to city college so I'm familiar with the area....you guys can get apts around city college..around 137st n convent ave...rents vary...but it can go as low as 400 bucks/month....and of course with a roommate it will be alot cheaper....well I'll let you guys know what happens with me...enjoy ur break for few weeks :D

Wow thats insanely low! I live in the Bronx, so I'm not looking to move, but that seems like a great deal. Anyone else from the Bronx accepted? I'll most likely be taking the 6 train down and would love to commute with someone if they are also taking the 6. I was thinking about driving down, but I don't know if I want to sit in traffic every day.

I;m looking for a roommate thats in the program.. If you haven't found a roommate and want to look for a place let me know!! School starts in a few weeks!!

I'm new on here. What date does the program start exactly? And did you happen to remember the start and end dates for each session (summer 1, summer 2, fall, spring)?

I'm new on here. What date does the program start exactly? And did you happen to remember the start and end dates for each session (summer 1, summer 2, fall, spring)?

I know they said it starts June 14th. I think they said we endAugust 13th?? Not really sure though. I don't remember him saying anything about Summer 1 and 2. He just said June 14th - August 12th and then we return with everyone else the week after Labor day.

Hopefully they'll send us some official info soon.

I know they said it starts June 14th. I think they said we endAugust 13th?? Not really sure though. I don't remember him saying anything about Summer 1 and 2. He just said June 14th - August 12th and then we return with everyone else the week after Labor day.

Hopefully they'll send us some official info soon.

Hey thanks. I guess I was just paying too much attention to the 2008 brochure they have that splits the summer into 2 sessions.

What is everybody doing about housing by the way?

Hii, congratulations on your acceptance. I was looking for a roommate too, do you have a specific area that you're looking to live?

Thanks Sam5009. It would be nice if we could organize a time to meet up, get to know each other a bit and then meet up with a realtor to look at places. Orientation is on June 14th, so if we are going to do this we should meet up sometime during the the week of May 17th/24th? Whoever is interested in this proposal feel free to join in.

i just applied for this program. is it too late? does anyone know if the class is full or they are still accepting student?

i just applied for this program. is it too late? does anyone know if the class is full or they are still accepting student?

I think the deadline was May 1st. Thursday they told me that they received over 75 applications. I think Touro does rolling admissions though, so I guess it depends on how many seats are left by the time they get to your app. Good luck.

Thanks Sam5009. It would be nice if we could organize a time to meet up, get to know each other a bit and then meet up with a realtor to look at places. Orientation is on June 14th, so if we are going to do this we should meet up sometime during the the week of May 17th/24th? Whoever is interested in this proposal feel free to join in.

I would love to come meet you guys before the program starts. I'm not looking for an apt, but I would come with you guys just to get an idea about prices and what the places look like incase I ever decide I don't want to commute anymore.

I am not from NY, so having difficulty finding a place. It would be nice to share an apartment with someone in this program. I am a 22yr old female, PM me if you are interested in looking at places together. Thank you.

I'm interested in finding a place with someone, but I live in TX right now. I won't be able to make it up there till maybe a week before orientation.

Hello,

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted. I have my interview 5/11 and I was wondering how the interview was. Was it a group interview and what kind of questions did they ask you? Thanks for your input!

Hello,

Congrats to everyone that's been accepted. I have my interview 5/11 and I was wondering how the interview was. Was it a group interview and what kind of questions did they ask you? Thanks for your input!

My interview was very laid back. It was OPEN FILE though! So just be prepared and know your file. The interview is one at a time but with two interviewers. THe program director and the anatomy professor interviewed me. I was able to just talk about myself most of the time. Good luck.

i think we should organize something were we can meet up in the city one day (relatively soon of course), maybe with one of the recommended realtors, and just look at a bunch of places. we can always figure out who wants roommates and all that in person, after we meet each other :)

Sounds good... i can meet whenever except for this coming wed and the 14th/17th... just let me know what everyone wants to do

The program starts June 10th I think, not sure the dates for each session