Touro

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Forensic Chick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a letter yesterday saying that I will not be invited for an interview with TUCOM, but that I was an excellent candidate for their PA/MPH program. Did everyone get this? I'm just curious...

Members don't see this ad.

forensic chick- if you really want to be a physician do not go to pa school. contact touro and ask how to improve your application. if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats and ec's like now...

I agree. If you want to be a physician do not give up. I went back to school and got a Masters degree just to improve my app and have time to study for the MCAT. You may not need to do that, but don't give up if you have a dream of going all the way.

Moose,
TUCOM Class of 2004

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I wanted to thank all of you for getting back to me. I have heard that others received a straight out rejection letter, so I'm guessing that I had something going for me to get an interview invite for PA school... I am going to continue on the DO track though. I have an interview on Tuesday and if I don't get in this year, I will retake the MCAT and include my graduate degree and transcripts with my application next year.

Thanks!! :hardy:

Oddest thing happened to me too at Touro. My MCAT is like 34 and my GPA is 3.7 plus. Yet I received a straight up rejection letter with even as much as an interview! I never bother apply to Touro again. I got into most of the med schools I applied to.

life experience.....?
Touro is a DO school after all. remember"looking beyond the numbers?"

Hey emedpa,

I need to talk with you in private. Drop me a line at [email protected] and I will reply with what I want to tell you. I think you will find it really interesting but I don't want to discuss it among everyone.

Matt

I read this thread a while ago, and I thought that that was interesting. Finally, when I did a search, I found you again.

I just got the same letter. I shall quote "however, at the same time it was determined that you would be an excellent candidate for Touro U's PA/MPH program."

And at the end, I quote again, "This will be the last year that the .. program will be permitting direct applicantions. ... I am hopeful that you will take advantage of this window of opportunity."

The whole program will last for 32 month and cost $51,290. why would anyone want to go for that program when you can become a MD from any of the carib. med. schools.

on the other hand, I am glad that I am qualified for that part of program. I am just one step closer to the real thing.

And why do we need PAs anyway? That means, there are not enough doctors for every needy patients! We should abolish the pa program entirely. So every qualified students can become MDs. Seriously, how many of applicants are really interested in becoming DOs.

And merely four years of education certainly won't make a person a perfect doctor. A 59-years-old PA would be a much better doctor than a 29-years-old MD. That is for sure.