Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just submitted my supplemental application of Touro today. I just wanted to find out how many of you have received an interview invitation from Touro University. Do they e-mail, call, or send an invitation by mail?

hey, did u get a confirmation from ucsd regarding the file completion? I haven't gotten it yet, i got the confirmation for file received and payments but not for the completion

Members don't see this ad.

To prepharmdude: Yeah I'm not sure either. I really want to drive up since I've never been to Norcal that way I might be able to venture around the area:).

To thePharmDeffect: Just keep trying. I just talked to Julie on Monday so I don't think the office is closed. What probably happened was the receptionist was busy and they sent you to the voicemail.

hey, did u get a confirmation from ucsd regarding the file completion? I haven't gotten it yet, i got the confirmation for file received and payments but not for the completion

I haven't recieve confirmation from UCSD yet, but I guess it's still too early because I have just submitted it last week.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had my interview today. The atmosphere was friendly and relaxing. The essays were about current events on healthcare. I enjoyed the company of other applicants.

Now we need to wait for the reults..........:xf:

Hey guys,

How did the guys dress?? A full suit?? Did anybody only wear a long sleeve dress shirt with a tie?? Or did most ppl wear a full suit??

And what type of questions did they ask and about how long did each person have to answer a question??

Hey guys,

How did the guys dress?? A full suit?? Did anybody only wear a long sleeve dress shirt with a tie?? Or did most ppl wear a full suit??

And what type of questions did they ask and about how long did each person have to answer a question??

One of the guys had long sleeves with tie. The 5 oothers had suit. I think it is ok if you wear long sleeves with a tie. Good luck!

Hmm, I think I might just go out and get a sports coat, don't want to look out of place if everyone is wearing a suit.

Also, how long did you take to answer each question they asked?? And please provide us 1 or 2 questions they asked you guys!!

Thanks!!

To prepharmdude: Yeah I'm not sure either. I really want to drive up since I've never been to Norcal that way I might be able to venture around the area:).

I was thinking about the same... since I just finished my undergrad and have some time so driving and checking out the area would be nice! I hope to see you there :).

Alan

LOL! Nice.

Just being honest. Like if someone said they were thrilled to be driving around Stockton prior to checking out UoP.

Seriously? There are some nice places to drive around Nor Cal, I guess. Hills in Sonoma... the GG bridge on a weekend morning can be nice... but So Cal offers much better driving for recreation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Check your emails !
You may find your results already.
I'm happy to tell you that somebody from this forum just got an acceptance email (30 min ago).

Hey, did anyone drive to touro? I have my interview this wed. and was wondering what the drive was like. I'm driving from san jose. Anyone drove from the south bay. How was the traffic like on 880 or 680 at 7 in the morning? Also, if you drove, did you take the direction they sent u or did you google map it, are there ne detours that google map didn't account for?

Hey kha8, if you read page 2 of this thread, you'll find answers to most of your questions :)

I received my acceptance letter yesterday! They mailed it out on Friday and I received it in a day. Now, time to pay the hefty $2,000 deposit...

I received my acceptance letter yesterday! They mailed it out on Friday and I received it in a day. Now, time to pay the hefty $2,000 deposit...

wow, congrats, thats steep!! oh yea, and when did u interview? how long was the wait, and when is ur deadline to accept

wow, congrats, thats steep!! oh yea, and when did u interview? how long was the wait, and when is ur deadline to accept

I interviewed on Oct. 8 so the results came in about a week. I have to accept by Oct. 30

Hey, did anyone drive to touro? I have my interview this wed. and was wondering what the drive was like. I'm driving from san jose. Anyone drove from the south bay. How was the traffic like on 880 or 680 at 7 in the morning? Also, if you drove, did you take the direction they sent u or did you google map it, are there ne detours that google map didn't account for?

I drove from San Jose to Touro. I Left home on 6 am and reached Touro on 7;40. I didnot go faster than 70 mph. The traffic was OK, I got 680 and I used my GPS. No problem to reach there at all.

Goodluck!:luck:

Well, good news for anyone with their sights set on Touro. I'm declining my acceptance and forgoing the $2,000 deposit! Good luck to everyone!

I drove from San Jose to Touro. I Left home on 6 am and reached Touro on 7;40. I didnot go faster than 70 mph. The traffic was OK, I got 680 and I used my GPS. No problem to reach there at all.

Goodluck!:luck:

Thanks so much! so wat did u do for 1:20 mins? I'm planning on leaving at 6 too but then I know i'd get there super early and have nothing to do.

I just withdrew my application and declined my interview. Good luck to everyone who's interested in Touro! :)

To start of, let me say that Touro is not as bad as everyone said it is. I am currently finishing up my MPH at Touro and I know the Dean and the pharmacy staffs personally. The Dean is amazing and she truly cares about the students and their careers. I am also part of the student government, and I can say that the student body consists of some of the most passionate and caring students that you will ever meet. The program is new, but it is accredited.

As for Vallejo, there are some nice spots. Many students live on Mare Island, where there are newer homes. For those coming for interview, you are driving through the worse parts of Vallejo. For those of you who will eventually attend Touro, I suggest that you live on the other side of interstate 80. Benecia is also a nice place to live. Also remember that Napa is only a short drive away.

Let me know if anyone has questions about the school or Vallejo. I will be happy to help. Good Luck to everyone.

To start of, let me say that Touro is not as bad as everyone said it is.]

Why poeple say that Touro is not good, Except the location?

Hi Hedieh,

I am not sure I completely understand your question, but I will assume that you are asking why people think Touro is not a good program?

Until this year, people were unsured about applying to Touro because of its accreditation status. It is understandable given that it is a newer program. The name recognition is not quite there, but that is also due to the fact that it is a newer program. Another issue is that people judge Touro by its location and by the appearance of its campus. Touro is located on a historic landmark, so it cannot modify or expand into any of the current buildings without spending a ridiculously amount of money retrofitting them.

Personally, I think Touro has an amazing program and an amazing group of students.

Hey Everyone! I had my interview this morning (10/21) and it was such a great experience. It was great to meet some of you even if I don't know who each of you are. I was the tall blonde girl if you were wondering.. ;D i had myself so psyched out before today.. I was so nervous, but overall the experience was great... Everyone was so nice and they didn't throw any crazy questions at us.... I think that everyone in my group had excellent answers and all were all really strong.. I don't know how admissions is going to make a decision but I wish you all lots of luck!

Hey Everyone! I had my interview this morning (10/21) and it was such a great experience. It was great to meet some of you even if I don't know who each of you are. I was the tall blonde girl if you were wondering.. ;D i had myself so psyched out before today.. I was so nervous, but overall the experience was great... Everyone was so nice and they didn't throw any crazy questions at us.... I think that everyone in my group had excellent answers and all were all really strong.. I don't know how admissions is going to make a decision but I wish you all lots of luck!

wait a minute, there were 2 blonde girls there, is this melissa or amy? and i see u do student doctor too haha

Last edited:
oh you are right there was another blonde girl.. haha.. i guess i was the taller one... melissa ;D it was great meeting you all :D

Hey guys! I have an interview coming up on Nov 4th..any tips for the interview?

Hey guys! I have an interview coming up on Nov 4th..any tips for the interview?

congrats, not really haha, just don't stress too much is all I can add and be yourself during the interview. my heart was racing but the overall atmosphere was very relaxed

Hey, did ne one who interviewed last week 10/21 or 10/22 get an email today? they said they were gonna email but i didn't get it yet

I believe they told us we had to email them first to ask for the unofficial decision. I emailed them and they emailed me back today. I interviewed 10/22.

I believe they told us we had to email them first to ask for the unofficial decision. I emailed them and they emailed me back today. I interviewed 10/22.

Hey, thanks, I remembered Mr. Davis saying something like that but I was not sure. Do you know if they send out the snail mail the same day or way after?

I wanted to share my happiness with you all!! I just got an email from Mr. Davis yesterday and I got accepted for the Class of 2014!! All the hard work and late night studying paid off and I can't explain the gratitude and relief I felt after reading the email!! Then I went to Hard Haunted in Los Angeles yesterday night to celebrate wooot!!! :p

I was actually working at CVS and used my pharmacy manager's blackberry to check my email and went nuts when I read halfway through that I got accepted :laugh:

And the acceptance mail went out Oct. 30th as well and should arrive within 1-2 business days. I interviewed last Thursday, Oct. 22 btw.

Good luck to all of you and may you share the same excitement as me!!

I wanted to share my happiness with you all!! I just got an email from Mr. Davis yesterday and I got accepted for the Class of 2014!! All the hard work and late night studying paid off and I can't explain the gratitude and relief I felt after reading the email!! Then I went to Hard Haunted in Los Angeles yesterday night to celebrate wooot!!! :p

I was actually working at CVS and used my pharmacy manager's blackberry to check my email and went nuts when I read halfway through that I got accepted :laugh:

And the acceptance mail went out Oct. 30th as well and should arrive within 1-2 business days. I interviewed last Thursday, Oct. 22 btw.

congrats man, so did u send Mr. Davis an email before so that he can email u the result? cuz i did it at like 3 on friday, so im guessing it was too late

Congrats to you! Is Touro your first choice? I'm debating now whether to pay the deposit or gamble on getting in to another!

Congratulations to you! I was in the Oct 22 interview and got the email acceptance too. I know exactly what you mean about the gratitude and relief that was felt. Hard word definitely paid off.

I hope Mr. Davis did not make a mistake of sending the email acceptance out to me. He did say he made that mistake once... ewk! I can't wait to get the actually letter.

I guess I'll see you next Aug if you end up going there. :)

Like Icemanxlb said, good luck to everyone who is waiting/interviewing at Touro.

Congrats to you all! I just had my interview on Thursday, so hopefully I'll hear back in the next week or two. :xf:

Hey guys, so I just got the letter notifying my status for touro, and I'm on the waitlist. For those of you who got in, if you don't mind me asking about your stats, gpa, volunteer experiences, etc. I just want to know if it was my stats or interview that affected my acceptance. thanks again

I would not worry too much about being waitlisted. There will be a lot of movement in the waitlist towards the end of the admission cycle. Many people on the waitlist will eventually get in. Good Luck.

Hey guys, so I just got the letter notifying my status for touro, and I'm on the waitlist. For those of you who got in, if you don't mind me asking about your stats, gpa, volunteer experiences, etc. I just want to know if it was my stats or interview that affected my acceptance. thanks again

I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope you eventually get accepted. As for stats, I think some of us don't want to put this out because it could be used against the committee or etc. if we have lower stats than you and got it, it could potentially cause animosity or etc. you know what I mean?

Just like Mr. Davis said, I honestly think it was the interview that gets you the acceptance because they said once we were there, GPA and etc. is out the door, it is up to the interpersonal skills and knowledge about the field and the interview itself that determines your acceptance or not.

BTW, Teva, what's your name?? I talked to a few of you guys on Oct. 22

I'm sorry to hear about this and I hope you eventually get accepted. As for stats, I think some of us don't want to put this out because it could be used against the committee or etc. if we have lower stats than you and got it, it could potentially cause animosity or etc. you know what I mean?

Just like Mr. Davis said, I honestly think it was the interview that gets you the acceptance because they said once we were there, GPA and etc. is out the door, it is up to the interpersonal skills and knowledge about the field and the interview itself that determines your acceptance or not.

BTW, Teva, what's your name?? I talked to a few of you guys on Oct. 22

yea, thanks i understand...i just wanted to know not to use it against them, but to see if it was my interview that really affected the result, u know, like if someone got in w/ lower stats, then i'll know yea, it musta been my interview

hey! i was in the 22nd interview too and i got my acceptance email yesterday. i got too excited and didn't even finish reading the whole email. ROFL.

and congrats to everyone who got in!

:)I got my the e-mail of acceptance, too. :thumbup: I was so happy and Friday night I had a big celebration!!!

Congrats to those who are accepted, and those who are waitlisted, don't worry, specially if you are high waitlisted. Most probably you will get in, too.

hey guys! i have an interview coming up and i was just wondering what's the best way to prepare for this interview? what are some of the topics that they will ask you? my interview is the day right after my midterms... talk about stress haha. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

hey guys! i have an interview coming up and i was just wondering what's the best way to prepare for this interview? what are some of the topics that they will ask you? my interview is the day right after my midterms... talk about stress haha. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Definitely check out the interview feedback page right here:http://more.studentdoctor.net/interviewlist.php?school=301

And just don't stress out way too much, they try to make you comfy and just know yourself well and the field of pharmacy in general. GLUCK!!

hey guys, i am interviewing on Wed Nov 18. To those who have interviewed, how long was each person's average response to each question? i just want to know because you don't want to talk too much or too little right? thanks.

hey guys, i am interviewing on Wed Nov 18. To those who have interviewed, how long was each person's average response to each question? i just want to know because you don't want to talk too much or too little right? thanks.

I would say most people kept their responses under 2 minutes. Our interviewers said to keep the answers concise.

Did anyone have any chemistry classes in progress but still was able to receive an interview - or maybe even get accepted???:luck:

BTW...

Good LUCK to everyone applying!!! Especially to applicants who were wait listed...I know your pain - I was originally a pre nursing student! 5 year wait lists are not a myth ;)