Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes, I received it two days after scheduling for my interview.

serious? they were fast for you, i received it like a week after

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't yesterday the first interview date? Anyone want to share their experience? :)

Touro just won CSHP's Quiz Bowl this weekend at CSHP's conference in San Diego. The Quiz Bowl format was different this year. Rather than having clickers, each table had a representative stand up and call out the name of their school. The first to do so would be the only school able to answer the question unless the answer was wrong, then they would proceed to the next person standing and calling out their school. Points were deducted for the wrong answer.

Touro won with a score of 8.
UOP came in second with 6
Loma Linda third with 4
A 3-way tie for fourth place went to UCSF, UCSD, and Western with 2
USC came in last with 0.

UCSF was winning at the mid-point with a score of 5 but lost points for wrong answers. Touro was in second at the mid-point trailing by 1 with a score of 4.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wasn't yesterday the first interview date? Anyone want to share their experience? :)

I wish somebody would share his/ her experience with us.... Anyways, good luck on your interview! I guess it is this Thursday, isn't it?

Wish you the best of Luck, Sungieality! :luck:

I wish somebody would share his/ her experience with us.... Anyways, good luck on your interview! I guess it is this Thursday, isn't it?

Wish you the best of Luck, Sungieality! :luck:
Thank you! Yeah, mine is Thursday, I'm REALLY nervous! Plus I have to drive from San Jose so I'll be getting up at 5 am =_=... good luck to you too!

Thank you! Yeah, mine is Thursday, I'm REALLY nervous! Plus I have to drive from San Jose so I'll be getting up at 5 am =_=... good luck to you too!

Hey, I'm driving from around San Jose too! (Fremont). I'm really nervous as well.. hey, maybe we'll be in the same group together :D. My friend who goes to Touro now said she was the most nervous about this interview but left feeling pretty relaxed so hopefully it'll be okay.

I'll see you guys (sungieality and kogekao) on Thursday too. And I'm driving from Fremont. Good luck!
Kogekao, what time are you leaving? Do you think an hour and a half should be enough time to get to Touro?

I'll see you guys (sungieality and kogekao) on Thursday too. And I'm driving from Fremont. Good luck!
Kogekao, what time are you leaving? Do you think an hour and a half should be enough time to get to Touro?

Nice! May I ask what school you went to? I currently go to UCSD but my home is in Fremont so I'm flying there the night before. It takes about an hour (maybe 1 hr 15 min at the most?) to get there from where I live (Mission district), but I was planning on leaving pretty early (2 hours before or so) just in case there's traffic.. I don't know if this is too early, but I'd rather be really early than late.

I go to San Jose State, so luckily for me I don't need to fly anywhere for this interview :) I plan to leave at 7am to be there by 8:30am. I'll see you there and good luck! I'm so nervous and excited, since it's my first interview.

Are you guys taking 680? Anyone know how the traffic is going up the East Bay in the morning? Google Maps has been pretty useless in terms of helping me plan how to get there. Good luck to Ice Queen and kogekao, look forward to meeting you guys!

Yes, I'm taking 680. I hope the traffic will be ok. I agree, GoogleMaps doesn't help much, since it often shows there's no traffic, even though it can be pretty bad.
It should take me about an hour to get there if there's no traffic, so I think leaving 2 hours before the interview will be fine.

IME East Bay traffic is worse going South (i.e., From Pleasanton to Palo Alto) on 680 in the morning, and worse going North in the evening. I don't think there'll be a whole lot of traffic int he morning on 680 BUT why take the chance? Go the night before, and get a Motel 6 room for the night. Then you can take your time in the morning and get a good breakfast. No rush.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone who have been invited to interview! PharmCAS hasnt mailed out my app yet but once they do, I wanted to know how long I should expect to wait to hear from Touro to submit a supplemental? Thanks!

I agree with passiosci, getting there the night before will diminish your stress....plus pancakes with extra syrup make everything better lol. The the best strategey IMO is to be confident, relaxed, and make sure you can understand healthcare reform and Medicare part D.

Last edited:
I have an interview tom morning Im staying at courtyard hotel today. i have got the invitation letter last friday :scared:

So I had my interview this morning. I think it went pretty well overall, although I'm not sure how to evaluate my own performance. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and the Adcoms were friendly and joked a lot to cheer us up. All the interviewees were nice and very competitive too, so I'm not sure how they are going to make a final decision. Since it was a group interview, each of us (there were 5 students in one group and 6 people in the other group) had a chance to answer only about 4 questions, which I felt wasn't enough for me. Our group didn't get any tough questions, I'm not sure about the other one. And you definitely need to know what you wrote about in your essays. I guess my advice is try to relax and be yourself, although I know well that it's easier said than done.

So I had my interview this morning. I think it went pretty well overall, although I'm not sure how to evaluate my own performance. The atmosphere was very relaxed, and the Adcoms were friendly and joked a lot to cheer us up. All the interviewees were nice and very competitive too, so I'm not sure how they are going to make a final decision. Since it was a group interview, each of us (there were 5 students in one group and 6 people in the other group) had a chance to answer only about 4 questions, which I felt wasn't enough for me. Our group didn't get any tough questions, I'm not sure about the other one. And you definitely need to know what you wrote about in your essays. I guess my advice is try to relax and be yourself, although I know well that it's easier said than done.

Hey Ice Queen,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I was wondering if the interview was an open or close file? And for the essay, did they give you a few to choose from or just 1 topic and you have to write about it? Thanks!

I think it was an open file, since the interviewer asked specific questions about the information from my personal statement. For the writing assignment, we had 2 topics to chose from. The topics were not extremely hard, nothing to stress about, I would say. And out of two topics, one will definitely be something you can write about.

I had my interview this morning as well and had the pleasure of meeting Ice Queen and sungieality :). I think it went pretty well, but as Ice Queen said, I can't evaluate my own performance. Our group had about 6 questions or so and it was pretty easygoing.. everyone was very supportive of each other. I think everyone in my group gave great answers and were very competitive, so I have no idea how the committee is going to decide...

I think it was an open file as well, but in my group nobody received any personal questions.

It was great meeting you too, kogekao. Good luck on your other interviews! I don't know who sungieality was, but I'm sure I met her too. Everyone was nice and great to talk to.l
It's interesting that we had somewhat different interview experience in our groups. I mean that you weren't asked any personal questions. Anyways, it's over now, and we just need to wait...

It was great meeting you too, kogekao. Good luck on your other interviews! I don't know who sungieality was, but I'm sure I met her too. Everyone was nice and great to talk to.l
It's interesting that we had somewhat different interview experience in our groups. I mean that you weren't asked any personal questions. Anyways, it's over now, and we just need to wait...

Great! When do you guys find out if you were admitted?

Hi, just wondering do Touro have set dates on their website? I cant seem to find it.., anyone know when is the next one?

Hi, just wondering do Touro have set dates on their website? I cant seem to find it.., anyone know when is the next one?

Hmmm, I think their interviews are on Wednesday and Thursdays. I am not sure if they have set dates but if they do, I don't think it's published on the website. You'll have to contact the admission office about that.

Can anybody answer my question? How much is the supposed lenght of the essay? One page? How many words?

The essay limit is 2 pages, but as I said you shouldn't stress out about an essay part too much. You'll have 2 topics to chose from, and one of the topics will appeal to you so that you can express your thoughts and opinions about it.

Good luck to you too! :D

Thanks, Icequeen.

I remember some of you drove on the interview day from San Jose to Touro. How long did it take for you to reach to Touro? I have my interview on Wednesday. Do you think it is better to leave San Jose on 5 AM or 6 AM?

Thanks

I left Fremont at 7am, and I got there around 7:50am, but I carpooled with someone who works in that area. My interview was on Thursday, and the traffic wasn't bad at all. If I drove alone, I think it would take me an hour and a half maximum. But anyways, they start at 9am sharp, so there's no point to get there super early (like an hour before). Although since I was there early, I had a chance to meet other interviewees and get to know them a little bit. I guess if you could get there 30 min before your interview, that should be fine and you'll have enough time to meet other applicants and chat with them.

Thanks, Icequeen.

I remember some of you drove on the interview day from San Jose to Touro. How long did it take for you to reach to Touro? I have my interview on Wednesday. Do you think it is better to leave San Jose on 5 AM or 6 AM?

Thanks
Hey Hedieh, I have my interview this Wednesday too. I will be staying at a hotel near Touro. Dang, my anxiety goes up just thinking about that! :p I have never had an interview before.

Hey Hedieh, I have my interview this Wednesday too. I will be staying at a hotel near Touro. Dang, my anxiety goes up just thinking about that! :p I have never had an interview before.

Good luck! I was really nervous for a while, but the actual interview itself wasn't so bad--since it's in a group, I think it kind of takes the pressure off and it feels more like a casual conversation than anything. The people I met were friendly and not competitive at all, so you also feel like you have some support throughout the interview.

Sow: So we will meet on Wednesday! I am nervous too, but most of those who have had their interview say that it is relaxing.

Kaoekao: Thanks for your comment. I wish we will meet each other in the class of 2014, next year!

sungieality: That was a great help. Now I can manage my time better. I wish to meet you, too!

Goodluck for all! :luck:

hi guys, my interview is on nov 18th. hope to see you guys there!:)

i have just started working on the supplemental. did everyone who received an interview typed their responses within the allotted spaces, or is it best that we should respond longer using an additional piece of paper?

hi guys, my interview is on nov 18th. hope to see you guys there!:)

my interview is on nov. 18th too! are you flying there?

To ZeroCombine: I only used the space allotted. I think they prefer concise responses rather than lengthy answers.

Last edited:

To ZeroCombine: I only used the space allotted. I think they prefer concise responses rather than lengthy answers.

thanks for the response mvpharm, i guess i'll keep it short.

i have just started working on the supplemental. did everyone who received an interview typed their responses within the allotted spaces, or is it best that we should respond longer using an additional piece of paper?

I typed my responses on another piece of paper and just attached it. I kept it around the same length. I just didn't like using the thing online because I think it's weird.

hey, I haven't decided if i want to fly or drive up there, but I will be staying at hilton :]. are you flying up there?

To anyone who has been interviewed already: Have you sent out an e-mail to Steven Davis? I e-mailed him yesterday and I think he said that he would respond to us first, and once the results come in this week, he'll e-mail us the results.

Hey guys, I am also planning to schedule my interview on Nov 18. I tried to call Julie today, but did not get an answer, so I left her a message. Does anyone know if the office is closed this week for some reason? Thanks.

anyone here interviewing wed 10/21?

how are you supposed to answer interview questions like in what manner such as tell me about yourself? do you guys know what they look for in that question?