Touro University Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I just submitted my supplemental application of Touro today. I just wanted to find out how many of you have received an interview invitation from Touro University. Do they e-mail, call, or send an invitation by mail?

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted my supplemental application of Touro today. I just wanted to find out how many of you have received an interview invitation from Touro University. Do they e-mail, call, or send an invitation by mail?

They mailed me mine. So I am saying snail mail. They notify you first about the status like if it's completed or if you're still missing anything if I am correct. That's what happened to me.

when did you guys get invited to fill out supp.

Members don't see this ad :)
Loudspeaker I think you are the first person in this forum who has been invited to their interview. goodluck!:luck:

I turned in my supplemental Aug 21st and just got a snail mail letter for interview postmarked August 31st woot!!

Now I'm nervous and eustressed :laugh:

I turned in my supplemental Aug 21st and just got a snail mail letter for interview postmarked August 31st woot!!

Now I'm nervous and eustressed :laugh:

Congrats! When are you scheduling yours?

Congrats, Iceman. I like to hear more good news about you and loudspeaker in the future!

I recieved my invitation today. Iceman, can I ask you if you have called them and already know what are the available dates for interview?

Good luck for all!:luck::xf:

I recieved my invitation today. Iceman, can I ask you if you have called them and already know what are the available dates for interview?

Good luck for all!:luck::xf:

Yea I called them. They said they are doing rolling interviews every wed and thurs!! So I scheduled mine for Oct 22 (Thurs) since I have school off Wed-Fri of that week LOL

And are you guys definitely staying at the Marriott they suggested??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I scheduled mine for Wednesday, 0ct 14 and i'm planning to stay at the Marriott as I don't know the area. Where are you guys planning to stay?

goood luck guys! i interviewed last year...in JANUARY got high waitlisted and got in. YOU GUYS JUST PRACTICE SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS. it is a group interview so be ready to not "steal people answer" LISTEN and RESPOND. I think that is key. just make sure to LISTEN and if u agree or disagree say it in a professional manner. And be urself. IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. =) and high waitlisting is not bad either! mostly everyone on the HA GOT in during the summer!

goood luck guys! i interviewed last year...in JANUARY got high waitlisted and got in. YOU GUYS JUST PRACTICE SITUATIONAL QUESTIONS. it is a group interview so be ready to not "steal people answer" LISTEN and RESPOND. I think that is key. just make sure to LISTEN and if u agree or disagree say it in a professional manner. And be urself. IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. =) and high waitlisting is not bad either! mostly everyone on the HA GOT in during the summer!

Wow, I didn't know it was a group interview. That's scary. How was it for you?

Thank you so much you2hot for your help. Do you know what percentage of applicants are accepted and what percentage are high wait-listed?

Hi guys! Congrat to those of you who got the interview and good luck.

If you guys don't mind, can you tell me your stats. I turned my supplemental in last week 9/9/09 and wanted to get an idea if I have a chance to get invited to the interview. Thanks

Hi guys! Congrat to those of you who got the interview and good luck.

If you guys don't mind, can you tell me your stats. I turned my supplemental in last week 9/9/09 and wanted to get an idea if I have a chance to get invited to the interview. Thanks

Hey, I just got my invite to interview on 9/16, i don't really have any worthy stats as i didn't take the pcat but my gpa was 3.6 from uc berk

A 3.6 from UC Berkeley sounds pretty worthy! :) Congrats on the interview

Hey, I just got my invite to interview on 9/16, i don't really have any worthy stats as i didn't take the pcat but my gpa was 3.6 from uc berk

i don't think you need to take the pcat. I dont even know if they look at it.

Touro doesn't require the PCAT, but it says on their Web site that they will look at scores:

The College of Pharmacy does not require standardized examinations (e.g. PCAT or GRE) for entrance into the program, though candiates may submit these scores to supplement their application if they wish.

i don't think you need to take the pcat. I dont even know if they look at it.

You're one of the first to interview correct? Mind sharing your stats?! :)

I don't have stellar stats. I have a 3.4 GPA, I didn't take the PCAT. I just recently found a job as a pharmacy technician and I volunteered in retail pharmacy for about half a year. I also just started volunteering in a clinical pharmacy. I had a few jobs on campus and that's it.

I don't have stellar stats. I have a 3.4 GPA, I didn't take the PCAT. I just recently found a job as a pharmacy technician and I volunteered in retail pharmacy for about half a year. I also just started volunteering in a clinical pharmacy. I had a few jobs on campus and that's it.

Are you nervous? Do you live close to Touro? This is my top choice I hope I get in....:luck::xf:

Are you nervous? Do you live close to Touro? This is my top choice I hope I get in....:luck::xf:

I am definitely nervous because I don't know what to expect and I hope to get in somewhere! I live about an hour away from Touro so I am driving there that morning. Touro isn't my first choice but I'll still be glad to get in, it's a great school!

Anyone interviewing on Oct. 22?? I don't wanna feel lonely LOL

what days do they have interviews? I got my invitation for the interview today in mail, but i'm afraid it will conflict w/ my exams. Should i wait until my school start which is in the next couple days to schedule for an interview or just do it now. By the way, i am super duper excited even though we are competing w/ each other, best of lucks everyone.

what days do they have interviews? I got my invitation for the interview today in mail, but i'm afraid it will conflict w/ my exams. Should i wait until my school start which is in the next couple days to schedule for an interview or just do it now. By the way, i am super duper excited even though we are competing w/ each other, best of lucks everyone.

They have interviews every Wed + Thurs weekly. And I don't think of it as competing against each other lol, I just wanna do my thing and get it over with haha

They have interviews every Wed + Thurs weekly. And I don't think of it as competing against each other lol, I just wanna do my thing and get it over with haha

Hmm it's okay to wait a couple of days. It should be okay. Check the syllabus online right now. I have found that most professors are nice about re-scheduling exams due to interviews. So I guess if you want to miss an exam due to an interview, you can or you can work around your exams schedule. Your choice.

Is there anyone having an interview for OCT.1st?

My interview is oct 21. I am really nervous/excited.. what are you guys doing to prepare??

where are you guys coming from for the interview? anyone coming from so cal?

Last edited:
Anyone know what would be the best way to prepare for the interview and the essay part? My interview is on oct.1st! Im really nervous since this ganna be my first interview :scared:

hey for all of those who are interviewing on the 22nd... where are you guys coming from? anyone coming from so cal?

I'm rolling up to Touro with a buddy as a part of roadtrip from Orange County. Then if there are any parties in SF that weekend, I guess I'll check out a few also to relieve stress :laugh:

good luck, I'm most likely going to be conducting your tour during your interviews.

good luck, I'm most likely going to be conducting your tour during your interviews.

Cool! Are the interviews all group format or do we have time alone with the interviewer with no other interviewees?

I am nervous too... but excited!

Great! Can you give us any feedback or tips? What should we expect for the essay?!

The interviews are group-based. Come with a relaxed and educated attitude and you will be fine. I'll do nothing more than the tour though and will have nothing to do with the decision process--so stop the PM's.

4Sci: bring me a super-giant from Guad and we'll talk.

The interviews are group-based. Come with a relaxed and educated attitude and you will be fine. I'll do nothing more than the tour though and will have nothing to do with the decision process--so stop the PM's.

4Sci: bring me a super-giant from Guad and we'll talk.

Guads? You mean the Guads in Davis? Are you guys from Davis?

Man I love Guads in Davis.

Hey guys, I'm interviewing on oct. 21st and was wondering what I should do to prep for the interview, especially the essay part. Anyone know what type of questions they would ask and what they're looking for in the essay? Thanks!

any of you received interview confirmation letter yet?