Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the "secondary received email" ! submitted 8/25

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know how many secondaries the actually send out? I've heard they pre-screen pretty thoroughly but I'm not 100% sure.

Hmmm I submit on the 24th but didn't get an email yet...
I'm sure it's coming! They seem to be held up quite a bit. The email said they were just starting the review process in a couple weeks!

So I filled out the Touro-CA secondary and created a new account for Touro-NY. However, after starting the new application, I do not see the Personal Statement tab ANYWHERE on my laptop screen. Can someone explain to me how you got to the secondary PDF form and essay question? All I see is the general info you have to fill out for all Touros like Personal info, contact info, academic plan, etc. Do I have to fill all of this out again like I did for Touro-CA??

The instructions say: Be sure to click on the personal statement tab where you will find a secondary form and essay question. Save this form to your desktop, complete the form, print and scan it.

Just received that secondary acknowledgement email!

So I filled out the Touro-CA secondary and created a new account for Touro-NY. However, after starting the new application, I do not see the Personal Statement tab ANYWHERE on my laptop screen. Can someone explain to me how you got to the secondary PDF form and essay question? All I see is the general info you have to fill out for all Touros like Personal info, contact info, academic plan, etc. Do I have to fill all of this out again like I did for Touro-CA??

The instructions say: Be sure to click on the personal statement tab where you will find a secondary form and essay question. Save this form to your desktop, complete the form, print and scan it.

The personal statement tab should be on the left hand side from what I remembered. Try looking at the app on a desktop instead of laptop?

Congratulations!! First one for Touro Harlem! Did you ever get a complete email btw?

Thanks! This is actually for the Middletown campus since I put it as my 1st choice. I did not get a complete e-mail per say but I did receive a Supplemental Application Acknowledgment e-mail.

Thanks! This is actually for the Middletown campus since I put it as my 1st choice. I did not get a complete e-mail per say but I did receive a Supplemental Application Acknowledgment e-mail.
oh same, but awesome! best of luck! Wishing you the best

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You marked Middletown as your first choice on the supplementary or applied to that campus on the ApplyYourself page? Congrats btw!

II as well! (Middletown)

Reactions: 1 users
I'm currently going through the application process for Touro-NY. Just got my first MCAT score back witha 497, so I'm definately retaking it, but I have to wait until January of course. I know it would be late in the cycle to submit my score in February...but can i even submit my primary application without my new score?? I don't think I would get a secondary if i submit my first MCAT...

I'm currently going through the application process for Touro-NY. Just got my first MCAT score back witha 497, so I'm definately retaking it, but I have to wait until January of course. I know it would be late in the cycle to submit my score in February...but can i even submit my primary application without my new score?? I don't think I would get a secondary if i submit my first MCAT...

You can submit your primary with your 497 and also put in your primary that you have another MCAT scheduled in January. Most schools send secondaries to everyone who submits a primary even if your score is low or if you have no score yet.

II!!! middletown campus
!!!!

Congratulations you guys!! So still none yet for Harlem? (Unless I'm reading the comments wrong >.<)
Gah, this waiting and constant refreshing my emails is nerve wracking.

You can submit your primary with your 497 and also put in your primary that you have another MCAT scheduled in January. Most schools send secondaries to everyone who submits a primary even if your score is low or if you have no score yet.

So even Touro-NY? Because I've seen on most of these threads that if you get a secondary you have high chances of getting an interview, so to me that means that they are screening for people who qualify..

hey guys,

for those who received a II for the Middletown campus (or the Harlem one for that matter), have you guys gotten a confirmation email yet? The email said we should get one once we reply back with our preferences but I have yet to get one yet and it's been 4 days. Just wondering if everyone else has not gotten one either or if I should give them a call.

hey guys,

for those who received a II for the Middletown campus (or the Harlem one for that matter), have you guys gotten a confirmation email yet? The email said we should get one once we reply back with our preferences but I have yet to get one yet and it's been 4 days. Just wondering if everyone else has not gotten one either or if I should give them a call.

Same no response yet

Yea I got my confirmation, I'll be interviewing Sept 26 (middletown).

Reactions: 1 user
my aacomas has been verified since 9/1 but i haven't heard a word from here, should i contact them?

i got secondaries from touro-ca and touro-nevada already

Just got an II for Middletown! (Idk why they sent it at 1:51 am but whatevs)

Im just not sure which date to pick. September 26th is really soon and I have a meeting with the dean of my top choice school the next day, but Oct 31 might be late...?

If you listed that you are interested in both campuses, does anyone know how they would place you for an interview? Also, do you think not making a definitive choice between the two would be viewed negatively?

Hey guys, I still can't find the pdf with the secondary questions on it. I've uploaded a pic of the screen when I log into my account and click edit application. I don't see the personal statement tab anywhere! Please help!

Attachments

• Touro.jpg
    Touro.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 73
Hey guys, I still can't find the pdf with the secondary questions on it. I've uploaded a pic of the screen when I log into my account and click edit application. I don't see the personal statement tab anywhere! Please help!
I guess that you have to fill out all the information up to "academic plan" in order for the personal statement tab to appear.

I submitted my secondary for Touro on August 21 and they confirmed they received it August 26 but I just got an email today saying the following:

We are writing to inform you that the TouroCOM Office of Admissions has received your AACOMAS application. We recently began reviewing verified applications for the 2016-2017 Application Cycle. After your application has been verified by AACOMAS it will be reviewed by the admissions department. When a received application has been verified by AACOMAS and if it is determined that an applicant meets our minimum academic requirements, a secondary application invitation will then be sent via email.

I'm assuming it's a mistake. I did get a new MCAT score on September 7. Could that be the reason?

I submitted my secondary for Touro on August 21 and they confirmed they received it August 26 but I just got an email today saying the following:

We are writing to inform you that the TouroCOM Office of Admissions has received your AACOMAS application. We recently began reviewing verified applications for the 2016-2017 Application Cycle. After your application has been verified by AACOMAS it will be reviewed by the admissions department. When a received application has been verified by AACOMAS and if it is determined that an applicant meets our minimum academic requirements, a secondary application invitation will then be sent via email.

I'm assuming it's a mistake. I did get a new MCAT score on September 7. Could that be the reason?

I got the same message even though I already submitted my secondary a few weeks ago. I also submitted an academic update through AACOMAS last week* so Im assuming thats what it is...

I got the same message but there were no changes to my application between when it was confirmed (Sept 1) and today, so I'm not sure what they received...

I got the same message but there were no changes to my application between when it was confirmed (Sept 1) and today, so I'm not sure what they received...

I think I panicked and posted too soon. I just got a follow up email telling me to ignore the first one. Hopefully, you will get one too.

I think I panicked and posted too soon. I just got a follow up email telling me to ignore the first one. Hopefully, you will get one too.
Yeah i got the same thing. I freaked out thinking it was an interview invite....