Touro Cali/nyc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Guess we are in the same boat Touro sent me the same letter. ugh!!!!!!
On to the next schools... Good Luck

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, guys.
I got my interview invitation today.
I am going to call them tomorrow.:)

It sounds like 10/11 is earliest date, and some of you choose Friday.
I am working....:mad:
Is there sat. interview date? like 10/13?
Sorry, I didn't ask her about Saturday interviews. I just took the first Friday that's available for me. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sorry, I didn't ask her about Saturday interviews. I just took the first Friday that's available for me. Hope this helps. Good luck!
they don't have Sat. interview. I scheduled on Friday..will do my best to work this out.

Good luck to everyone in Friday interview. See ya~:)

Members don't see this ad :)
submitted today (well 9/11). hope i get an interview. so are the 10/11, 10/12 dates all full?

For those who have scheduled interviews:

Have you started arranging your travel and hotel plans? I'm going to have to fly there and will probably stay at the suggested hotel, however, I'm unsure which airport I should arrive at (is San Francisco International better than Oakland Airport?). Is the shuttle service better than the a taxi? I'm trying to budget as much as I can so any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated.

Have you started arranging your travel and hotel plans? I'm going to have to fly there and will probably stay at the suggested hotel, however, I'm unsure which airport I should arrive at (is San Francisco International better than Oakland Airport?). Is the shuttle service better than the a taxi? I'm trying to budget as much as I can so any helpful suggestions will be much appreciated.
I'd suggest Oakland airport, so you will be on the other side of the bridge. (closer to the school). But, I personally picked SFO because it has more flights to pick from.

The hotel that they suggested has a discounted rate at 134.99 USD for Touro University. I would not know about shuttle service/taxi since I'm getting a rental car.

Hope this helps.

I'm doing SFO, their hotel and shuttle. Something tells me that a 1 h 15 min taxi ride around SF will cost > $100. I'm not even sure most drivers will know exactly where Vallejo is. The discounted hotel rate is also very low compared to others I've checked. I read a joke somewhere, goes something like this:

People is San Francisco are very friendly. They will gladly lend you the $27.95 for your medium latte...

just wondering... after submitting the supp, did you guys get a confirmation notice? or did they just send you an interview invite?

I'm doing SFO, their hotel and shuttle. Something tells me that a 1 h 15 min taxi ride around SF will cost > $100. I'm not even sure most drivers will know exactly where Vallejo is. The discounted hotel rate is also very low compared to others I've checked. I read a joke somewhere, goes something like this:

People is San Francisco are very friendly. They will gladly lend you the $27.95 for your medium latte...
I'm doing the same too! Maybe i'll see you on the shuttle!

just wondering... after submitting the supp, did you guys get a confirmation notice? or did they just send you an interview invite?

i think it was just the invite, with the card that says the file is complete. by the way guys, did anyone get an e-mail confirmation of the interview? i'm still waiting...

I have been invited to attend an interview. I just got my letter today. I am so happy! And I will call them tomorrow to schedule the time, then I will post more here!

does anyone know when is the last day they are going to mail out interview invites for the october interview? i feel more and more discouraged every day...:scared:

It is for the whole application cycle, not just for October interview. The letter states,"You may schedule your interview on any available date during the cycle..." So, don't get discouraged... It is a waiting game! And Good Luck!

does anyone know when is the last day they are going to mail out interview invites for the october interview? i feel more and more discouraged every day...:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been invited to attend an interview. I just got my letter today. I am so happy! And I will call them tomorrow to schedule the time, then I will post more here!

When did u submit ur supplemental application? how long did they take to invite u for an interview?

When did u submit ur supplemental application? how long did they take to invite u for an interview?

It was quick. I sent my supplemental application this Monday (9/10), and they received it on 9/11 and sent me the invitation on the same day.

damnit i sent mine in on 9/10 as well...haven't heard anything yet
Dont' worry, pharm buddy lives in sacramento. it's closer to the campus. It will take another day to reach you in OC. You should get your invite today or this weekend. good luck.

Hey Guys,

I thought I'd let you know if you already didn't that Touro is a Jewish-sponsored school, hence, they follow the Jewish holidays and stuff. At the moment, they are closed as this week was Rosh Hashannah (sp?) so they will re-open on Monday, the 17th of Sept. I'm waiting for my interview letter too but I'm sure that I won't find out anything until Monday, at the earliest.

hey guys! i just recieved the reciept tht my application is complete...did any1 recieve something like tht b4 they were invited for an interview?

Hey ApplicantPharmD,

When did u submit your supplemental? I submitted mine on Aug. 29th, and still haven't received even notice that my application is complete. :( I've tried talking to ppl at the school but I'm scared that if I get annoying, they might take it out on my application. Do you think they could move my application further down in the stack if they are annoyed with me???

I got a receipt from Touro indicating that my application is complete too, but no interview invitation. I have a question for those of you who have received interview invitation, when you did your supplemental application, did you use additional paper for those question or just you the available box that was given. I'm scare you guys, because some got invitation right after you sent in your supp app. I only got a notification that they have received my supp app :confused::(

same here pinkberry. :( i submitted mine a while ago and still did not receive any interview invite. All i got was the notification indicating that my application is complete. Best of luck to you, future interviewees, and those who are still waiting!

I got a receipt from Touro indicating that my application is complete too, but no interview invitation. I have a question for those of you who have received interview invitation, when you did your supplemental application, did you use additional paper for those question or just you the available box that was given. I'm scare you guys, because some got invitation right after you sent in your supp app. I only got a notification that they have received my supp app :confused::(

^what were your guys' GPA? do you think that could've been a factor, or maybe something on the supplemental?

I have the same question here for those who have received the interview invites. Did you use an additional paper for the questions on the supplemental? Also did you get a notification of a completed application along with the interview invite, or did they come seperately?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I did attach several pieces of paper to the supplemental application. And I received my invitation and the completion notification on the same day.

I have the same question here for those who have received the interview invites. Did you use an additional paper for the questions on the supplemental? Also did you get a notification of a completed application along with the interview invite, or did they come seperately?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

same here pinkberry. :( i submitted mine a while ago and still did not receive any interview invite. All i got was the notification indicating that my application is complete. Best of luck to you, future interviewees, and those who are still waiting!

join the club..my application was received and completed on 9/12...no invitation (yet?)

i sent my app on 9/11, and haven't heard anything yet. (no invite or confirmation)

I did attach several pieces of paper to the supplemental application. And I received my invitation and the completion notification on the same day.

same here. i think they have a tier system, and the date of the next round of interviews might not be chosen yet. good luck guys!

I just answer my questions using the available boxes that were given (since they hinted they wanted short and precise answers). But my GPAs are not considered decent though only 3.1. Oh well, i hope what panbabylon said is true. Good luck to all of you going to the interviews, as for those in the same boat like me, wish for the best.

hey all...

so i found out that touro mailed me a postcard confirming my file being complete on sept. 4th.. so if i still haven't heard about an interview can i assume that i'm not gonna b considered??? this is just stressful... i'm gonna live with the motto:

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

good luck to all... :)

hey all...

so i found out that touro mailed me a postcard confirming my file being complete on sept. 4th.. so if i still haven't heard about an interview can i assume that i'm not gonna b considered??? this is just stressful... i'm gonna live with the motto:

NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS.

good luck to all... :)

I didn't get invited to do the supplemental last year but my friend did and she got her interview invite like 1 month after submitting her supplemental. So, don't worry! I just submitted mine 2 days ago. I'll let u know if I get anything....Good luck!:)

Hello,

I submit my supplemental appl last week. I get the invitation today.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Hello,

I submit my supplemental appl last week. I get the invitation today.

Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Congrats! :) Can u share ur stats with us..im waiting to hear back from thm too...Thanks

Just got my invite for an interview, and confirmation today also. I submitted my app last week, on 9/11.

edit: it seems like those that got invites got the confirmation postcard together. so i think it's safe to assume that if you JUST got a confirmation postcard, you either won't get an invite, or will (hopefully) get one later on.

i got the postcard a coupla days ago....i got the invite today! i'm happy
don't give up hope for you low GPA people! i have a pharmcas 3.08 (but science 3.47) so i'm sure you guys will all get interviews too
edit: i mailed out my supp app on 9/10

did they send you guys interview dates? I called the school today but nobody picked up the phone.

got my invite today.. send the supplemental last week

Hi, what date did you send in? I sent mine last thursday and haven't heard anything. Thanks!

last wednesday.. but I live about 45 minutes from Vallejo.. maybe you'll get yours tomorrow? good luck!

last wednesday.. but I live about 45 minutes from Vallejo.. maybe you'll get yours tomorrow? good luck!

hi azpixie, congrats on the invite! :thumbup: could you tell us a little bit about the place you live, and how you plan to commute to vallejo?

I recieved my invite and postcard today! I sent my supplemental on 09/17.

hi azpixie, congrats on the invite! :thumbup: could you tell us a little bit about the place you live, and how you plan to commute to vallejo?

I live in Oakland.. just plan to hop on I-80E

Just got my interview invitation :)

Mailed out my supp 9/17 and received the invitation 9/26.

hello, i got my invitation back in august. but my interview is on 10/26 (friday). anyone else gonna be up there that day??

see you guyz up in norcal :)