Touro Cali/nyc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i am on the high waitlist as well and haven't heard from mr. davis since the last two mails that were sent out to us. would i be at a disadvantage since i'm from TX?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, Future P1 students at Touro....

I have just been accepted into Touro University College of Pharmacy, and I am now looking for a roommate. If any of you needs a MALE roommate to share your apartment/house, please PM me. Then, we can talk more about it...

Thank you very much in advance!

I have just been accepted into Touro University College of Pharmacy, and I am now looking for a roommate. If any of you needs a MALE roommate to share your apartment/house, please PM me. Then, we can talk more about it...

Pharm Buddy,

CONGRATS!! I remember you writing about the updates and hoping for a call from the school... :) I'm glad at least one of us got in! :) I know there's only about a week left before the orientation on the 3rd but I'm still praying... if nothing else, I hope I get EA for next year... anyways, I wish you all the best and I couldn't be happier for you! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)

wow congrats. hope there's a few more seats left for the rest of us!

Pharm Buddy,

CONGRATS!! I remember you writing about the updates and hoping for a call from the school... :) I'm glad at least one of us got in! :) I know there's only about a week left before the orientation on the 3rd but I'm still praying... if nothing else, I hope I get EA for next year... anyways, I wish you all the best and I couldn't be happier for you! :luck:

Thank you, ndnpharmgrl...
I am just being lucky. Maybe I should not be that excited yet, since I am one of the three waitlist people who have been placed on the orientation stand-by list. So, our seats in Class of 2012 are not for sure though... But, a seat at Touro University is sure...
So, hope to see you there!!!

wow congrats. hope there's a few more seats left for the rest of us!

I am sure that is possible, since a few people here said that they would withdraw from Touro.
Wish you the best of luck!!

everyone, i'm soo happy to say i JUST got pulled from the WL this afternoon and it still hasn't sunk in yet!!! YEA!! i was crying for an hour i was sooo happy... good luck to those still on the WL.. if i can get in this late in the game, DON'T LOSE HOPE!! i've been applying to schools for a while.. so WHEW!!

everyone, i'm soo happy to say i JUST got pulled from the WL this afternoon and it still hasn't sunk in yet!!! YEA!! i was crying for an hour i was sooo happy... good luck to those still on the WL.. if i can get in this late in the game, DON'T LOSE HOPE!! i've been applying to schools for a while.. so WHEW!!

Congratulations on your acceptance!!!
Then, I guess I will see you in a week! :laugh:

I got a question, you are not on the orientation stand-by list, are you?

Last edited:
hey pharm buddy,

no i'm not on standby.. i have a seat in this year's class, guaranteed...

what did you do while you were on the waitlist other than the letters? ah.. i don't mind early accept but i really want something concrete ahhh. but congrats you must be so happy right now :D

what did you do while you were on the waitlist other than the letters? ah.. i don't mind early accept but i really want something concrete ahhh. but congrats you must be so happy right now :D

i didn't do anything actually. i only submitted a letter of intent back when i found out i was waitlisted. i took 2 bio classes earlier in the summer and volunteered later on in the summer... i didn't submit anymore letters... i wish u best of luck and hope to see you soon! yea EA isn't bad cuz it guarantees you for next year w/out having to reapply but yea, i know what you mean, it'd be nice if we all just got in NOW!

hi everyone, has anyone got accepted from medium alternate list yet.
I am in medium wait-list and i have not heard anything yet, I am so dissapointedddddddddd :(
does anyone knows if you dont get pulled off medium alternate you will automatically be early acceptance for next year or its not a guarantee :confused:
by the way gongrads to the ones who got in

hi everyone, has anyone got accepted from medium alternate list yet.
I am in medium wait-list and i have not heard anything yet, I am so dissapointedddddddddd :(
does anyone knows if you dont get pulled off medium alternate you will automatically be early acceptance for next year or its not a guarantee :confused:
by the way gongrads to the ones who got in

i'm on the high alternate list and haven't heard anything. there is still some hope! but i think early acceptance isn't a guarantee.

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi ndnpharmgrl,

Congrats on your acceptance! I haven't been on this site for months, but remembered that you were really interested in Touro. I'll see you at orientation. :)
btw, which part of the bay area are you from?

i'm on the high alternate list and haven't heard anything. there is still some hope! but i think early acceptance isn't a guarantee.

same.. i'm on the high alt list too. sighh :(

anyone knows when is the first day of school???? anyone has been called from medium alternate list yet????:(

I think orientation is today and P2 starts Wednesday. Looks like I'm joining the club of high alternates who are in the dark.

anyone else receive an august update?

anyone else receive an august update?

i received an update letter last week. it said the adcom will start reviewing the files of those on the waitlist who didn't get in and will determine early acceptance for the class of 2013 by the end of august.

good luck to everyone hoping for early acceptance!

I haven't heard anything yet. Mr. Davis said there will be a decision by the end of August so there still could be a couple of days before we find out.

I talked to Julie yesterday and she said the decisions have already been made and will be mailed out this week.

good luck to everyone. Few more days then i'll know if i have to withdraw my pharmcas application.

got the letter today and it's not happening for me. good luck to the rest of you though.

were you on high alternate andyman?

i got a letter today and i also did not get in. Id guess i have to start working on this year's application. I feel much more of a qualified candidate now than last year because of the recent exposure i have. good luck to everyone

well geez i guess i have no choice since i am a medium alternate. i guess i'll be getting the letter tomorrow...

i got my rejection letter today too :( i wonder how many people were on the waitlist...

haven't gotten my letter yet :scared: fingers are still crossed

got rejected too (med alternate), oh well it's too late now anyways, unless they accept transfers

haven't gotten my letter yet :scared: fingers are still crossed

Touro has finished 4 weeks of class, starting the 5th this week. Doubt they will be adding anymore students this late..

Touro has finished 4 weeks of class, starting the 5th this week. Doubt they will be adding anymore students this late..

we're waiting on early admission decisions for fall 09. fingers still crossed for me too!

we're waiting on early admission decisions for fall 09. fingers still crossed for me too!

Sorry, I wasn't aware of that. In that case, good luck guys!

i got rejected too. :( i wonder if anyone got in early accept...

i got rejected tooo...i dont know of anyone who was EA :(

The complete pharmacy staff at Touro University - California sucks! They try to act like they're all sincere but in reality they don't give a crap about you at all. (Except Dr. Panos, she's awesome, she seems to be the only one who cares about the students. And she at least takes the time to respond to your emails of concern.) Some of the staff members will straight up tell you lies just to get rid of you. Touro is completely unorganized and highly outdated with technology, given that you have to fill out a paper form to sign up for classes. I would recommend any other schools before applying to Touro.

The complete pharmacy staff at Touro University - California sucks! They try to act like they're all sincere but in reality they don't give a crap about you at all. (Except Dr. Panos, she's awesome, she seems to be the only one who cares about the students. And she at least takes the time to respond to your emails of concern.) Some of the staff members will straight up tell you lies just to get rid of you. Touro is completely unorganized and highly outdated with technology, given that you have to fill out a paper form to sign up for classes. I would recommend any other schools before applying to Touro.

I actually found Touro extremely helpful and polite compared to other California schools as far as replying to emails and answering phone calls goes. As far as technology goes, their facilities and services are very efficient and well developed. Don't be so ignorant.

I actually found Touro extremely helpful and polite compared to other California schools as far as replying to emails and answering phone calls goes. As far as technology goes, their facilities and services are very efficient and well developed. Don't be so ignorant.

got my bad news bears letter today. :( oh well they are missing out :)

Well, I'm glad you had a good experience with Touro but I did not and I am simply stating my opinion based on my experience. You do not know me and you certainly do not know my situation with the school, so I do not understand where do you come off saying that I'm "ignorant."

Hi, I'm currently a student at Touro University and I'm looking for a roommate to share a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. Please let me know if you are interested.

For those of you who got in this year (fall 2008), would you please share your stats if you dont mind? I'm applying this year (fall 2009) and i'm so nervous right now. :scared:

BS in Chem
3.8 GPA
76 percentile composite PCAT
3 yrs pharm experience

BA in molecular cell bio
3.6 GPA
hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy, shadowed retail pharmacy, club officer, etc..
Went to Berkeley

Hi, I'm currently a student at Touro University and I'm looking for a roommate to share a 2 bed 2 bath apartment. Please let me know if you are interested.

Have you found an apartment that you would be interested in yet? Or are you still in search of one?

Have you found an apartment that you would be interested in yet? Or are you still in search of one?

I already have an apartment. I'm looking for someone who would take over my lease because i'm moving to NY