Touro Cali/nyc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panbabylon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow Touro applicants!

Let's make this thread our official information headquarters.

Please post all Touro California questions and news here,

And I hope we'll see each other on Mare Island in September 2008!!!

:luck::luck::luck:

Hello!

Did any of you guys receive an invitation to submit the supplemental application to Touro Vallejo? Also, could anyone share any details about Touro New York: BS, PCAT required?

Thank you for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello!

Did any of you guys receive an invitation to submit the supplemental application to Touro Vallejo? Also, could anyone share any details about Touro New York: BS, PCAT required?

Thank you for the input!
No, I have not received any notification to submit a supplemental application for Touro yet. However, my PharmCAS application was only sent on the 08/06. When did you submit your application?

7/27

i'm slightly relieved.

anyone else, ladies and gents?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

Thank you for the input!

Both of these schools now require a bachelors degree.

My pharmcas app was sent out on 7/27 and I haven't received an invite to do the supplemental for Touro either..

Now that I think of it-- I haven't received any correspondence from Touro at all. :confused:

Ok, nevermind. I received a letter stating that I am NOT invited to submit a supplemental. Now I'm kinda sad, but it wasn't entirely unexpected. :(

Good luck to the rest of you! :)

hey guys, do u think it will be late if i submit my pharmcas app.in september? thanks!

The deadline is 02/01 so I don't think it will be late at all. The group of people on SDN, or most of the ones that respond, is not an accurate representation of the pool of applicants applying so don't get discouraged if you submit your application later than the rest here. Good luck with your application!

Ok, nevermind. I received a letter stating that I am NOT invited to submit a supplemental. Now I'm kinda sad, but it wasn't entirely unexpected. :(

why that's not entirely unexpected? good luck with your applications to other schools!

Did they say why you are not invited? Did all your LORs submitted already?!

sorry to hear :( how did they notify you? email? and did they say why?

I received the letter from Touro on Saturday.

It went something like this: "After a thorough review of your PharmCAS primary application, the Admissions and Standards Committee has determined that you should not be invited to move on to the secondary application process." and then explained how they do not send out secondary apps to everyone who expresses an interest. :/

I say it's not entirely unexpected because my gpa is so low! :( I messed up during my freshman and sophomore years and it's taken me 3 more years to raise my gpa up to a 3.07. (It was pretty bad) My science gpa is 2.7 because I failed 2 science classes during that time too. :( But over the last 3 years, I've been getting ~3.5.

All of my LORs and everything were in. My pharmcas app was complete.

But anyway.. I'm a little discouraged but I still have hope that I'll make it into another pharmacy school. Thanks for the encouragement and I wish you all the best of luck! :)

Hello!

Thank you for the input!

NYC needs PCAT.

Members don't see this ad :)

It went something like this: "After a thorough review of your PharmCAS primary application, the Admissions and Standards Committee has determined that you should not be invited to move on to the secondary application process." and then explained how they do not send out secondary apps to everyone who expresses an interest. :/

I say it's not entirely unexpected because my gpa is so low! :( I messed up during my freshman and sophomore years and it's taken me 3 more years to raise my gpa up to a 3.07. (It was pretty bad) My science gpa is 2.7 because I failed 2 science classes during that time too. :( But over the last 3 years, I've been getting ~3.5.

But anyway.. I'm a little discouraged but I still have hope that I'll make it into another pharmacy school. Thanks for the encouragement and I wish you all the best of luck! :)

3.07 overall GPA is not that bad I think, also you did much better in the last 3 years, they should consider that!

I assume that you have a B.S. degree as Touro now requires that.

3.07 overall GPA is not that bad I think, also you did much better in the last 3 years, they should consider that!

I assume that you have a B.S. degree as Touro now requires that.

Yeah, I'll be getting my bio degree this fall. The letter didn't say why exactly I wasn't invited to do the supp. I might email later this week just out of curiousity. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back. :)

Koni, I can sympathize with you. I too received a rejection from Touro this past Saturday stating that I would not be invited to complete a supplemental application. Even though it was kind of expected, it was still hard to read. Hope we can both get in somewhere this year! Best of luck to everyone else applying!

anyone with an invitation, guys?

Koni, I can sympathize with you. I too received a rejection from Touro this past Saturday stating that I would not be invited to complete a supplemental application. Even though it was kind of expected, it was still hard to read. Hope we can both get in somewhere this year! Best of luck to everyone else applying!

May you tell us your stats?

I am also applying to Touro. They must have gotten my pharmCAS appl.

whn did u submit ur application? im waiting to hear from thm too....i submitted mine on june last week..n the mailing date to all my schools is 7/27...my gpa is bad too...i have a 3.14...:scared:

and my mailing date was 7/27. i hope i hear soon, i cant wait to be done with apps.

whn did u submit ur application? im waiting to hear from thm too....i submitted mine on june last week..n the mailing date to all my schools is 7/27...my gpa is bad too...i have a 3.14...:scared:

I e-submitted my pharmcas on 7/17 and the mailing date was also 7/27. I'm sure Touro has your application by now.

I read somewhere on this forum that "No news is good news," and I have to agree.. Good luck. :)

Thanks, I hope we both get into a pharmacy school too. I just want to get accepted to ONE school! Lol..

The Pharmacy owner where I'm going to Volunteer at is good friends with the Dean at Touro. I'm sure he will call her and give her a good word for me. :D

Thanks, I hope we both get into a pharmacy school too. I just want to get accepted to ONE school! Lol..

How many schools did you apply to?

anyone got the invitation to do the supplemental application for touro cali?

I am nervouesly waiting, if I get a letter from them, it can be a rejection or an invitation...

i sent mine in on 7/27 and i haven't received anything yet...

i think they're weeding out people first and then they'll send the supplemental invitations later..f this is the case then i hope i don't receiv anything until a few weeks!!

i sent mine in on 7/27 and i haven't received anything yet...

i think they're weeding out people first and then they'll send the supplemental invitations later..f this is the case then i hope i don't receiv anything until a few weeks!!

Even their acceptance/interview ratio is quite low, about 1/4. And anyone knows if the invitation means the interview? or there is another round of weeding out?

I hope I get accepted to ONE school too, but I did not apply for too many schools, maybe I should send more applications out.

I have not heard from Touro too. So I hope it is a good news.

I do not hold an US bachelor as many of you do. However I do hold an oversea bachelor. I was afraid that I would not have a good chance since I held an oversea bachelor.

I am crossing my fingers now. Hope I will get a good news from them.

Good luck to everyone applying to Touro.

And anyone knows if the invitation means the interview? or there is another round of weeding out?

first they weed out people through the pharmcas stats. whoever qualifies gets an invitation to submit a supplemental application

after that, they weed out people from the supplemental applications and then invite people to interviews

so the invitation for supplemental application does not guarentee you an interview (i think)

Fellow Touro Applicants!

There is still hope.

Let's share information as it becomes available.

Can we make this the official TOURO CALI thread?

Fellow Touro Applicants!

There is still hope.

Let's share information as it becomes available.

Can we make this the official TOURO CALI thread?
lets do it!

My PharmCAS application was sent to schools on 07/27, and I have not heard anything from Touro yet. After reading the thread and knowing several people being rejected that soon, I am getting so nervous about the whole process and feel sorry for them. >_<
Good luck to those of you who have not received anything from Touro yet, I start to believe "No news is good news." :(

i received an invitation today to submit a supplemental application. it was in the form of a big yellow envelope
(my pharmcas mailing date was 7/27)

edit: oh my gosh! what a bunch of teases...this is what it says at the end of the letter "I hope to see you soon during your interview".

i received an invitation today to submit a supplemental application. it was in the form of a big yellow envelope

edit: oh my gosh! what a bunch of teases...this is what it says at the end of the letter "I hope to see you soon during your interview".

Good for you! Would you mind sharing your stat with us? So, we will have an idea if we will get a big yellow envelope like you did... thanks!

One down, but a few more to go!

Congrats nerv12345!!!

Please let us when you are invited to the interview!

Haha.... I am so happy! I just got that big yellow envelope from Touro too... :D:D:D:D:D

the invite for the supplemental doesn't guarantee an interview so work hard on the questions!

the invite for the supplemental doesn't guarantee an interview so work hard on the questions!

Since you got into UCSF, can you share your stat with us and some experience from the interviews?

I am applying to Touro but I have not e-submitted my application yet but I am hoping to do so this weekend. So it appears that I will have a while to wait. I need to take their A&P requirement this summer too.

the yellow envelope has arrived in NYC!

as i was taking it out of the box, two ladies in the lobby were talking about loving their stay in San Francisco.

is this a sign? i sure hope so...

:luck: good luck to everyone!

go TOURO 2008!!!

Has any started to work on supplemental application?
I have a quick question. Since the Supplemental Application must be typed or computer-generated, I was thinking to complete this application on the form posted on the website. Then I found that the spaces provided for some questions were limited, for example, questions 12, 16, and 17. I am just wondering if I could answer these questions in a Word file and attach a separate sheet of paper to the online application printout.
I actually sent Mr. Davis an e-mail two days ago, but still no answer...

Has any started to work on supplemental application?
I have a quick question. Since the Supplemental Application must be typed or computer-generated, I was thinking to complete this application on the form posted on the website. Then I found that the spaces provided for some questions were limited, for example, questions 12, 16, and 17. I am just wondering if I could answer these questions in a Word file and attach a separate sheet of paper to the online application printout.
I actually sent Mr. Davis an e-mail two days ago, but still no answer...

Never mind, I just got a reply from Mr. Davis. He said that it would be perfectly acceptable. :laugh::laugh: