Touro Cali/nyc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
neone else freaked the hell out they're not gonna make it off the waitlist?? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

im impatiently waiting to hear on the waitlist too!
has anyone on the waitlist hear back from them yet?
they said they would start updating me on it around beginning of june but no word yet! this is driving me crazy

I got in but I don't know where I am going to live. How are your living situations? Is there like a listserve for pharmacy students? I'm a 22 year old male and prefer living in an apartment. Anyone have a place available?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Niceguy,

Congrats on getting in!! Did you get pulled from the WL??

Hi, everyone...

I just got a letter from Steve Davis. (Oh, I am on the wait-list.) It serves as an update letter, which informs me that I "may be contacted anytime between now and August 4 (the first day of mandatory orientation)." It also mentions about sending in a Letter of Intent, which "may significantly impact the decision on the part of the Admissions Committee offer [me] a seat." Also, the letter mentions about started pulling people from High list about two weeks ago...

I hope that helps who are on the wait-list... Good Luck..

hey pharmbuddy,

thx for the heads up.. i haven't received mine yet, but did they happen to mention how many they've taken off, or ur individual position?? i'm def. hitting freak out mode!!

hey pharmbuddy,

thx for the heads up.. i haven't received mine yet, but did they happen to mention how many they've taken off, or ur individual position?? i'm def. hitting freak out mode!!

This letter doesn't include the number of people that they have taken off... Basically, no numbers were provided... And they also don't give out individual positions, because the committee has changed to limit the amount of information to reveal to the waitlisters.. All I know is that I am on the high list from the letter I received about six months ago...

Hope that you will get yours soon...

i just got a mail today with the same reply. Though my chances are slim, im still hopeful that ill get pulled off the medium list.

This letter doesn't include the number of people that they have taken off... Basically, no numbers were provided... And they also don't give out individual positions, because the committee has changed to limit the amount of information to reveal to the waitlisters.. All I know is that I am on the high list from the letter I received about six months ago...

Hope that you will get yours soon...

:) thanks for the info.. yea, i knew they wouldn't provide nething (typical).. but just in case... lol.. yea i'm on HWL too but every year its getting competitive, even for Touro, so even if they do take people off the WL, it may not be many. Anyways, good luck on getting in and hopefully we'll be seeing each other in aug! :)

i just got a mail today with the same reply. Though my chances are slim, im still hopeful that ill get pulled off the medium list.

hey pharm916, just because u are on the MWL doesn't mean you won't get pulled. as you've said the chances are slim, but don't give up hope! I heard that 2 or 3 years ago they did pull people from the MWL.. n any case, good luck to you too! Just know that even some of us on HWL may not make it either for this year.. in the event you don't, email admissions on why you weren't accepted and if you make those necessary changes to your application, I'm sure you'll get in next year. :)

Goodl luck to all who got accepted. Does anyone know how many people are on the waiting list in Touro Ca?

from what i know and what i've heard, touro does not give information regarding how many people are on the total WL, the respective WL sections (H, M, and L), nor do they give you information on your position....

Current Touro students:

Can you shed some light on the housing situation in Vallejo? What are some good neighborhoods to check out and what to avoid?

The reason I'm asking is because Vallejo has a reputation for crime, but not having lived in the city myself, I don't know how true some of these claims are. I'm especially worried about car theft.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who were pulled off the WL, can you tell me how you were notified (snail mail, phone, email)?

Please post here if you are on high, mid, or low alternate list in Touro CA. This way at least we can get some idea just among ourselves.

I am on high alternate list.

Good luck to everyone. :)

Current Touro students:

Can you shed some light on the housing situation in Vallejo? What are some good neighborhoods to check out and what to avoid?

The reason I'm asking is because Vallejo has a reputation for crime, but not having lived in the city myself, I don't know how true some of these claims are. I'm especially worried about car theft.

Hi Dota,

I'm gonna be a P2. I recommend American Canyon, which is where I live, and its very quiet compared to Vallejo. American Canyon is just north of Vallejo and is only about 15 min away from the campus. Benicia is another good location to live and its about 15 min away from campus also. Living on the Island is another good option.However, the island is really dark and spooky at night and you would have to drive out to Vallejo if you want to do shopping as there are no stores on the island.

For those that are accepted, you will be assigned a mentor and he/she will contact you soon. Your mentor is a good resource to ask for advice. Good luck to those still waiting. Hang in there

Has anyone been accepted from the waitlist?????

Has any one received a letter to do the accelerated MPH? In the letter, it says that 80% of the students who enrolled in this program last year were accepted in the pharmcy program of the following year.
I don't know if this is a good idea to go for this. Has anyone got accepted through this process (doing A.MPH and getting into the Pharm school)?

Does that mean there is only a couple of people on high alternate list?
I wish there was a way for us to find out. Does anybody know how many people were on high alternate list last year?

Has any one received a letter to do the accelerated MPH? In the letter, it says that 80% of the students who enrolled in this program last year were accepted in the pharmcy program of the following year.
I don't know if this is a good idea to go for this. Has anyone got accepted through this process (doing A.MPH and getting into the Pharm school)?

I got the letter (look at my past response to the thread back in early June).

If Touro were my first choice, I'd probably do it, but the idea of doing a MPH just to get an interview (especially if it's going to cost $30K) isn't that appealing to me. I already have a master's anyway, so for me it's pointless.

I got the letter (look at my past response to the thread back in early June).

If Touro were my first choice, I'd probably do it, but the idea of doing a MPH just to get an interview (especially if it's going to cost $30K) isn't that appealing to me. I already have a master's anyway, so for me it's pointless.

I'd like to add that for some people an MPH might open doors to opportunities later in life. Why limit yourself? Then again, you have to balance practicality, but if you are gung ho on education and personal development I don't see the MPH as much of a negative. If pharmacy is your passion, don't think twice. If not, then the decision whether to do the MPH is easy.

did anyone get pulled off the WL or does anyone know anyone who has been pulled?? Not that a school would be "fibbing" about a moving WL but I've asked a few people I know and neither they nor anyone they know been pulled from it...

did anyone get pulled off the WL or does anyone know anyone who has been pulled?? Not that a school would be "fibbing" about a moving WL but I've asked a few people I know and neither they nor anyone they know been pulled from it...

Nothing from Touro since that "update" letter from Mr. Davis...

hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have been on the high alternate waitlist and just recently received my acceptance!

I got the notice via phone call and e-mail (I got a call on my home phone, which i missed, on my cell phone, which i missed as well, and finally through e-mail)

so hang in there waitlisters, they surely are slowly pulling people off!

now i gotta look for housing. what are accepted or current students doing for housing? Is car an absolute necessity??

hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I have been on the high alternate waitlist and just recently received my acceptance!

I got the notice via phone call and e-mail (I got a call on my home phone, which i missed, on my cell phone, which i missed as well, and finally through e-mail)

so hang in there waitlisters, they surely are slowly pulling people off!

now i gotta look for housing. what are accepted or current students doing for housing? Is car an absolute necessity??

Congratulations on your acceptance...
I hope that I will get that call soon... :D:D

Hi guys,i need ur advice
I am interested in pharmDprogram at Touro CaliI have a bachelors degree in pharmacy,india witha GPA of 3.8.What do u think my chances of getting into this program?

LOL... people, I think we have reached a new low point in the application cycle... having been placed on HWL, I have started to have dreams about getting accepted to pharmacy at Touro! And of course, when I wake up, its one horrible morning after another realizing that the acceptance was only a dream... How depressing is this? LOL.. Its kinda funny tho after you've had say 4 to 5 dreams a week about being accepted... I bet when the real thing comes along, I proally won't even care by then! LOL. :D

No sign of mentor contact yet.

In re Housing, those that are still looking might want to check this link:
http://www.tucom.edu/housing.htm

I'm heading up in a week with my wife to check possibilities for the P1 year before she can join me during the P2 year. She has nixed me living in a house with a bunch of female students <vbg>, so my options narrowed a good deal due to the ratio of male students.

Anyway looking forward to August. P-)

though it might seem rather obvious, I was just wondering if I should wait to see if I get pulled off the HWL or submit my PharmCAS now for next year. I don't have great stats so for people like me, the earlier the better. also, does anyone have ANY information on the WL (ie- if it will pick up this month, if the school is done pulling, etc...).

THANKS!

I'm a P3 and currently am looking for a female student for one of the rooms in our hose on Mare Island. If you would like more info please PM me.

Safe places to live near Touro are Mare Island, Glen Cove section of Vallejo, American Canyon, and Benicia.

Current Touro students:

Just got an update letter today from Mr. Davis and...nothing. Basically all the letter said was that they were pulling from the wait-list, it's extremely unlikely that they'll be pulling anyone from the low alternate list. As for medium alternates (like me), they won't be ranking us until the committee is close to exhausting the high alternate list :(

i just got the same letter today and im also medium alt, i'd guess we really need to be lucky in order for them to start pulling from there. One more month and we wont have to wait anymore. I hope they at least offer me early accept.. :)

anyone hear any updates since the letter? time is running out!!! :scared:

I emailed Mr. Davis regarding if there has been any movement on the waitlist and if the class is full. He said he had nothing to add other than the update letters sent in June. It's quiet on the Touro front, I'm getting nervous.

well id guess there is some hope left. I looked at the uop thread the other day and someone withdrew from touro so that leaves one spot open. But the last time i emailed s. davis he mentioned that they havent exhausted the high wait list yet. im guessing that if you dont get an offer within this week, you'll probably wont get in for the class of 2008 because according to the schedule they start on aug 6. best of luck for everyone who is in the medium list and start your applications early for next year.

Make that one more spot, I am withdrawing tommorow from Touro. Best of luck everyone. I really hope you well deserving people hear the good news soon.

well id guess there is some hope left. I looked at the uop thread the other day and someone withdrew from touro so that leaves one spot open. But the last time i emailed s. davis he mentioned that they havent exhausted the high wait list yet. im guessing that if you dont get an offer within this week, you'll probably wont get in for the class of 2008 because according to the schedule they start on aug 6. best of luck for everyone who is in the medium list and start your applications early for next year.

Hi everyone, I am going to be attending Touro this August and was wondering if anyone is interested in sharing a 2 bed 2 bath apartment with me. I actually have the apartment on hold right now, but I need a FEMALE roommate to occupy the extra room and bathroom. Apartment is in Benicia, about 9 miles to the school. If anyone is interested, you can PM me for more info.

Best of luck to those who are still waitlisted!

Make that one more spot, I am withdrawing tommorow from Touro. Best of luck everyone. I really hope you well deserving people hear the good news soon.

Make that two more spots...I'm withdrawing as well. Good luck to everyone on the wait list!

Last year a few people didnt show up for the orienation, so they offered those spots to people on the wait list that live around northern cali. So there is still hope until class starts.

I received an email from Mr. Davis last week and was offered to be 1 of the 3 to be on standy-by. How this works is that if people, who are already accepted, don't show up on the day of orientation, then those who are on stand-by will be admitted on the spot. As for me, I refused the spot since I can't make it to the orientation. Eventually, I will have to give up my seat on the high wailist. I wish you guys the best of luck!

I received an email from Mr. Davis last week and was offered to be 1 of the 3 to be on standy-by. How this works is that if people, who are already accepted, don't show up on the day of orientation, then those who are on stand-by will be admitted on the spot. As for me, I refused the spot since I can't make it to the orientation. Eventually, I will have to give up my seat on the high wailist. I wish you guys the best of luck!

Wow, so the wait is over? They're doing stand by already?

wtf.. i emailed davis last week and he basically said i was close to receiving an acceptance w/out actually having received one.. but i didn't receive that email to be one of the standbys... plus, 2 ppl recently w/drew from touro, so whats gonna happen then? i'm lost and annoyed w/ their stupid system and what appears to be falsified information! :mad:

Yeah, I received the same e-mail from Mr. Davis last week too.
So, for the waitlisters, don't lose hope yet. You never know what will happen until the first day of orientation. Good luck!

Mr. Davis told me that they are still pulling from the waitlist as spots open up. Lets keep on hoping!

Mr. Davis told me that they are still pulling from the waitlist as spots open up. Lets keep on hoping!

amen.. i'm still hoping. i check my emails everyday :(

I called to withdraw...but no one answered. So, I left a voicemail and emailed Mr. Davis. No one has returned my calls/emails...

I called them today...and no answer. So, I guess my spot is still taken. I'll call again on Monday to withdraw.

Good luck to all of you!