touro acceptance!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclamendoza

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I interviewed at Touro last Tuesday (12/17) and just got an acceptance letter on Saturday (12/21)....four days from an interview to an acceptance.....they are really fast....now i have to come up with a way to pay the $2000 NON-REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Good job!!

I know you aren't complaining about the deposit.. but in case you are, how about I pay you $2000 to trade places with me!

Seriously though.. Congratulations!

Brian
[email protected]

Congratulations uclamendoza, I'll see you there in August.

Justin

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations... hope to see you there in the fall.

Brian-did you here back from Dr. Haight yet? I hope we get to be classmates. I am really looking forward to meeting all of you!

DrZippy2b,

Yes, Dr. Haight did reply to my email the next day. (go to http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54067 for more details)

So, I sent my email on Tuesday 12/17/02, Dr. Haight replied on Wedsnesday 12/18/02, and Steve Davis emailed me on Thursday 12/19/02 to inform me that the admissions committee has selected me to interview. Most every thread I have read about Touro has commented how fast and well their admissions department works, but dang.. within the span of 48 hours I went from being scared out of my wits and looking for something to do for a year to better my application to hopeful because I get a chance to convey my desire to practice medicine to the admissions committee of TUCOM.. (YEAH!)

I will update my other thread when I have an actual date for my interview.... Until then, I will be checking my mailbox every 45 minutes for the interview invitation packet, even though I know the mailman only comes once a day, and doesn't deliver mail on Christmas.

I have one more huge hurdle to get past to realize my dream, and I congratulate all those who are lucky enough to be studying the art of medicine.

mohody, DrZipy2b, uclamendoza, and all those who have been accepted, I very truly hope to join you as a part of the TUCOM class of 2007... DrZippy2b, I will be having dinner with my friends (one is a second year at TUCOM and the other has been accepted to the class of 2007) to prepare for my upcoing interview and I would be honored if you would join us.. Please email me if you are interested...

and back to the topic of this thread.. Good job uclamendoza! All your hard work has paid off!

Brian Enriquez
[email protected]

CONGRATULATIONS!!! In the scheme of things, $2000 will not amount to much considering that Board exams alone will easily surpass that number. Pay the deposit and don't think about it. Great job on getting in!!!

Congratulations uclamendoza! See you in August.

Brenda
Class of 2007

WHOOHOO :clap: and check your PM.

CONRATULATIONS Ucla...and Brian, good luck with the interview...I am sure you will do fine. You seem real motivated, and I am sure they will see that too. I will meet you all over the summer. I will be moving to the area sometime in April. Good luck everyone...
Hey Dr. Zippy...hope all is well.

Congratulations. Some problems we don't mind having :)

Things are great. We bought a condo and are in the process of selling our house and moving. Looks like we will be all moved in by the end of April. I can't wait. When you get in the area, we'll all have to get together and have a pre-school shing-dig...

What did you decide about HPSP?

Zippy

Hey Guys -

I just came back from a touro tour yesterday and it was awesome! Everyone seemed so friendly, the teachers great, the facilities immaculate...! I don't interview until the 28th, but I sincerely hope I'll be joining your class.

I was wondering what type of questions you experienced ones asked at the end of the interview...? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Congratulations, again!

MolPat:clap: