Total newbie... Feeling down

Yerii

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just started studying for the MCAT this week... Been a while since intro courses so I'm giving myself 4 to 5 months till I write (following SN2ed schedule). Orgo and physics seem to be coming back to me well... I'm a biologist so bio has been a breeze... But verbal! Verbal is killing me! I'm super inconsistent in my performance with the passages and today I did poorly in 2 of the 3 I read (not sure if it's bc I'm exhausted from a whole week of hardcore studying while taking care of my 4 month old). Now I'm feeling doubtful :(... How likely is it that I'll get better a taking this test by the time July comes?? Any fellow new mommas manage to do well in the MCAT? Any tips are greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Definitely don't get discouraged, you have a lot of time before the exam. Verbal can certainly be frustrating because it's not as concrete, just stay dedicated to practicing and you will start to understand the types of questions and what answer they are looking for.

Just keep practicing! All you can really do to prepare for CARS is to do CARS. You'll start to get a feeling for it after you do it for a while. You get better at reading between the lines and picking up on the gist of what the questions will ask about, even before you get to the questions. Seriously. It really does get better. Just keep your chin up and keep practicing regularly. You have a ton of time, you'll be fine. You got this!