Top IM programs for obtaining a GI fellowship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DreamingTheLive

(something witty here)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've searched for similar threads but can't quite find what I'm looking for so I was hoping some of the veterans here on this board could help me out.

I have 2 questions:
1. What are the Top 15-20 Internal Medicine residency programs for landing a GI fellowship?
2. What are the Top programs in the Midwest or West Coast for landing a GI fellowship?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

At the risk of sounding flippant, this list is basically the same as the top 15-20 IM programs.

In the Midwest or West, you are looking at UChicago, NWU, Wash U, UCLA, Stanford, UCSF, UW, etc.

Some top IM programs (eg. JHH, Duke, MGH) do not routinely match boat loads of residents into GI. This does not translate into diminished chances for the few who are interested in the field, however.

At the risk of sounding flippant, this list is basically the same as the top 15-20 IM programs.

In the Midwest or West, you are looking at UChicago, NWU, Wash U, UCLA, Stanford, UCSF, UW, etc.

Some top IM programs (eg. JHH, Duke, MGH) do not routinely match boat loads of residents into GI. This does not translate into diminished chances for the few who are interested in the field, however.

Thanks for the reply. I thought the obvious players would be involved, just wanted to know if some places were to those "in the know" like yourself considered to be GI factories, etc.

Thanks again though, any info I can get is greatly appreciated.:)