Too late?: September MCAT Retake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Curiousfuturedoc

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a 502 mcat and a 3.85 cGPA, but after a mis verification that I’m still fighting AACOMAS my science gpa is either going to be 3.59 or 3.57.

Because my gpa is low, do you think MCAT retake in September will help me? Or is it too late at that point....

Please help, I really want to get into Touro

Members don't see this ad.

I have a 502 mcat and a 3.85 cGPA, but after a mis verification that I’m still fighting AACOMAS my science gpa is either going to be 3.59 or 3.57.

Because my gpa is low, do you think MCAT retake in September will help me? Or is it too late at that point....

Currently, you're a decent applicant for the DO cycle. If you believe you can improve that MCAT and consistently score around 508+ on practice tests then I'd say it is worthwhile. The rule of thumb is to have everything submitted (primary, LORs, MCAT score, and secondaries) by Thanksgiving for the DO cycle.

Currently, you're a decent applicant for the DO cycle. If you believe you can improve that MCAT and consistently score around 508+ on practice tests then I'd say it is worthwhile. The rule of thumb is to have everything submitted (primary, LORs, MCAT score, and secondaries) by Thanksgiving for the DO cycle.
Thank you for the advice! If I only increase my score to say 504 or so, is that significant difference or at that point not worth it bc it’s only +2

I’m trying to weigh if the benefit outweighs the worst case scenario possibility of getting a lower score

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for the advice! If I only increase my score to say 504 or so, is that significant difference or at that point not worth it bc it’s only +2

I’m trying to weigh if the benefit outweighs the worst case scenario possibility of getting a lower score

I'd say it's not worth it because most schools will average your two scores, so the 504 would be viewed as a 503. At that point, you'd been better off applying early and not wasting your time retaking the MCAT.

Your GPA isn't that low. Dont do yourself a disservice and apply broadly. Focusing on one school is good but not to the point of ignoring other options

Which Touro? Touro_CA takes very high MCAT students. You are good for other Touros.
Apply broadly.

Your GPA isn't that low. Dont do yourself a disservice and apply broadly. Focusing on one school is good but not to the point of ignoring other options
Thanks for the advice! I applied to 30 schools, and I’m just worried about all of them now with my stats

Why. They're one of the few schools @Goro can't recommend
The location, religious affiliation, school mission, really liked it when I toured, talking with students there, and talking with the main prof that you can get involved with research there; all of this really makes me strongly like Touro. Obviously I still applied broadly, but would just like to know what I can do to increase my chances for Touro