Late MCAT in September

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dopathy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there! I'm curious to know what my best plan of action is at this time. I plan on applying for DO schools.

Stats are: cGPA: 3.37, sGPA: 3.7, MCAT: 500, 500+ hours clinical exp as a Medical Scribe in different Emergency Departments, 100+ hours volunteering (Community and In healthcare setting), some leadership experiences with different organizations at my University

My main concern lies in the fact that I've schedule a retake for the MCAT on September 9 and am trying to figure out what my best option is.

Option 1: Apply as early as possible to all of my choices right away? Of course update my MCAT score during the Academic Update that ends on October 15, 2017

Option 2: Apply to some colleges that I may have better chances with as early as possible while holding off on others that might have higher requirements.

Option 3: Re-schedule my MCAT to July and apply to all programs in August

That's what I have so far, i'd love to receive some feedback or perhaps other options that would give me the best chance of being accepted during this cycle.

Also, part of the reason that I scheduled my MCAT so late is due to the fact that I will be out of the country from June 9-25.

Members don't see this ad.