To the single Gentlemen at WesternU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's still an illegal substance. AND not everyone in all fields of work take the Hippocratic Oath.

Out of all docs out there, are you willing to bet that 100% of the doctors are weed free. You would be wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

wow thats some serious hate peopleZ. if you met me in real life you'll see exactly why i talk like this. not everyone is lucky enough to grow up in suburbia. please dont discredit my intelligence becuz of the way I talk. even in high school, teachers and students have told me to my face that I should give up the idea of college and pick up a labor job. But I did not and will not accept defeat and and will not let your discouraging words affect me. Im not going to apologize for being a product of my surroundings, rather I'm proud of it. come to the hood son. come see what suffering really looks like. it might just make you a more loving doctor....and NO. I did not gain admission because of affirmative action policies.

wow thats some serious hate peopleZ. if you met me in real life you'll see exactly why i talk like this. not everyone is lucky enough to grow up in suburbia. please dont discredit my intelligence becuz of the way I talk. even in high school, teachers and students have told me to my face that I should give up the idea of college and pick up a labor job. But I did not and will not accept defeat and and will not let your discouraging words affect me. Im not going to apologize for being a product of my surroundings, rather I'm proud of it. come to the hood son. come see what suffering really looks like. it might just make you a more loving doctor....and NO. I did not gain admission because of affirmative action policies.

I grew up and went to school in Bridgeport, CT. It is often found in the top 10 "worst cities in america" or "most dangerous cities in america". A city full of crime, drugs and poverty. Many of the kids I went to highschool with ended up on the streets or in jail. I chose not to be part of that culture and spent my time studying and staying out of trouble. Coming from this background allowed me to attend the local University for close to nothing and I was able to graduate Summa Cum-Laude.

I came from "the hood" and have seen the people suffering. I have spent lots of time volunteering , tutoring and giving back to my community. I am also a product of my surroundings and am proud of where I came from....

However we are now entering a professional field and are training to be doctors. How we talk around our buddies is one thing, but on a forum full of our colleagues and possible future employers/business partners we have to exude a certain level of professionalism.

I find it offensive that you think it is okay to speak like this on the podiatry forums because you are from "the hood". You are giving the rest of us a bad name.

Members don't see this ad :)

:thumbdown:
OK.... this is just a poor excuse for ANYTHING related to how you speak or the drugs to which you choose to take (i.e. Mary-Jane). I am an African-American male who also grew up in the rough streets of Brooklyn, New York. I DO NOT talk like that nor do I take any form of drugs and/or alcohol. DO NOT confuse where you lived with your personal PREFERENCE to talk the way you do or smoke weed. The point is... you are a student doctor. There is a certain level of etiquette we, as future professionals, have to uphold. You have a lot of growing up to do man. This thread should have never even been started because someone with ANY form of class or self-respect would never have even thought of posting this on a professional forum. Can an admin PLEASE stop this thread in its track?!?!

Out of all docs out there, are you willing to bet that 100% of the doctors are weed free. You would be wrong.

I know others chose to abuse illegal and legal substances. I'm not naive, but I also think bragging about it on a public forum full of potential future colleagues, isn't the smartest thing to do in the world.

Also, the way you "talk" is ridiculous. Try talking like that to an attending, colleagues or even a classmate, and I'm sure that it will do wonders for your reputation within the school and for your future.