2nd Year WesternU Podiatry Student - Ask me anything!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bb789

Reaction score
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Can you post here formal curriculum for first 2 years. Most schools have a list or a chart that shows a curriculum. I dont think Western has their curriculum posted on the website.

Thanks
I've Attached Western's 2019-2020 Catalog. The curriculum is listed on Pages 44-48. I hope this helps!

Attachments

• WesernU CPM 2019-2020 Catalog.pdf
    774.3 KB · Views: 139
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong but you guys don’t have histology, biochemistry, neuroscience, genetics, basically the first year preclinical courses? Only asking because I didn’t see them listed in the posted catalogue above, unless they are integrated into those other courses you all take.

Somebody please correct me if I’m wrong but you guys don’t have histology, biochemistry, neuroscience, genetics, basically the first year preclinical courses? Only asking because I didn’t see them listed in the posted catalogue above, unless they are integrated into those other courses you all take.
Yep, histo, biochem, & genetics are integrated into every organ system taught. Biochem & genetics especially are taught extensively during the first few weeks of year one, but they keep coming up again in the context of each organ system during your didactic years. Certain organ systems are taught together in one block like cardio/renal/pulmonary because of how integrated they are. Neurology gets its own entire block. Its not explicit in the attachment that was posted earlier, but all of these systems are included in the courses titled General/Internal Medicine/Clinical Medicine.

I am a first year at WesternU and I will also add if there is anything that anyone wants to know about the school, please don't be afraid to message me to details about concerns or questions you have!

Reactions: 1 user
I am a first year at WesternU and I will also add if there is anything that anyone wants to know about the school, please don't be afraid to message me to details about concerns or questions you have!
Hello!

If you have time I would be very grateful to be able to ask you a few questions about WesternU!

I tried to message you but it doesn't let me since it says your profile is limited.