This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you're an out of state applicant, does it matter if you apply early or not? Would adcoms just review all in state applications until they fill up 90% of their spots and then move on to out of state?

Members don't see this ad.

If you're an out of state applicant, does it matter if you apply early or not? Would adcoms just review all in state applications until they fill up 90% of their spots and then move on to out of state?
they don't usually look at OOS until September. so yeah pretty much when a lot of spots are already taken. it might still be good to get the app in since they might look at OOS in order the apps came in. total guess here though

Reactions: 1 user
I would still apply as early as possible though. Chances of them looking at you still higher if you're earlier than others.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I chose the option to have the letter from my dentist be included in my committee letter and it was finally uploaded today. It says the status is received but my dentist letter says not received. It looks like they'll verify my dentist letter is in my committee letter at some point, is that correct?

Random question - is it the schools themselves that approve whether or not we've completed the prerequisites or do they go off of what TMDSAS says?

I believe the schools do. I emailed the schools individually about a class I wasn't sure about and they replied pretty quick

For Texas A&M secondary, when it ask you about "Overcame or is experiencing extreme hardship" and "Other adverse circumstances".... like could it be anything? For example overcoming the fear of talking in public?

For Texas A&M secondary, when it ask you about "Overcame or is experiencing extreme hardship" and "Other adverse circumstances".... like could it be anything? For example overcoming the fear of talking in public?
I'm pretty sure it means financial, familial, or other personal hardships that debilitates your quality of life.

I chose the option to have the letter from my dentist be included in my committee letter and it was finally uploaded today. It says the status is received but my dentist letter says not received. It looks like they'll verify my dentist letter is in my committee letter at some point, is that correct?
If I can recall correctly, there's some box to put the dentist's name and some option that says that you'll be submitting the dentist's LOR with the committee letter.

For people whose app was sent to all 3 schools, were you notified by San Antonio saying they received your app? I heard back from Hou and A&M but not SA. Are they slow to inform people?

For people whose app was sent to all 3 schools, were you notified by San Antonio saying they received your app? I heard back from Hou and A&M but not SA. Are they slow to inform people?

I submitted mine on to all 3 on July 3rd. A&M got back to me on the 5th and I've heard nothing from the other 2.

Reactions: 1 users

I believe it does not matter. My friend who got an interview at one of the Texas dental schools let me know that during interviews they made an announcement to the out of state students stating that their chances of getting accepted are very slim. That does match with the information they shared during campus tours I have attended. Since all three schools are public they are allowed to accept up to 11 out of state students. I believe the stats from last cycle were :
Texas A&M 4
UTHouston 3
UTSCA 3

No, I have not. They are the only school to still not get back to me with an email like A&M and Hou.

Members don't see this ad :)
After your application has been transmitted to the schools, does TMDSAS update the status and notify you when schools begin looking at your app? Or do you just wait and hope you get an interview email at a random time?

After your application has been transmitted to the schools, does TMDSAS update the status and notify you when schools begin looking at your app? Or do you just wait and hope you get an interview email at a random time?

Yeah you just wait. It will tell you your stuff is complete and then there's silence for several weeks, then you just get an email out of the blue.

In my experience, Baylor is the quickest to invite for interviews, but they plan them super far into the future in the beginning, like a month.

Yeah you just wait. It will tell you your stuff is complete and then there's silence for several weeks, then you just get an email out of the blue.

In my experience, Baylor is the quickest to invite for interviews, but they plan them super far into the future in the beginning, like a month.

Do the schools not send an email saying they've at least received your application? TAMU did for me, but that's it. What about the other?

Do the schools not send an email saying they've at least received your application? TAMU did for me, but that's it. What about the other?
They will. Baylor was the fastest one but the other two will send you a similar email.

And I will say (just so no one freaks out like I was!) that for me they were super slow. At least 1-2 months slower than the other two for interview invite.

Where does one put published research in the application?

Did they send you an email when your primary application was processed or fully complete?

anyone know roughly when OOS can expect to hear something/anything back from A&M (about application complete or interview)

Did they send you an email when your primary application was processed or fully complete?

My application was fully completed when it was transmitted to the schools. Which was on July 3rd. Then A&M got back to me the 5th and then both UT schools today (July 12).

When was your application transmitted?
I submitted my application June 6. Since my last post, I received an email yesterday from San Antonio (July 12) stating they got my application. Have you heard back yet?

I submitted my application June 6. Since my last post, I received an email yesterday from San Antonio (July 12) stating they got my application. Have you heard back yet?

Yup same day as you saying they got my application.

Does anyone have an idea of when interview requests will start being sent out?

Does anyone have an idea of when interview requests will start being sent out?
Last year, they started sending invites about a week from now, so if it's like last year, you might start hearing from the 21st.

Getting an interview at a TX school would be a dream come true....the cheap tuition beckons...Counting down the days till I get that email

Just to clarify, only Baylor has a secondary application, correct?

For people that have been through this before, is the month+ lag time normal for the app to be transmitted? According to the TMDSAS twitter, they were still working on June 16 applications as of yesterday. Seems like a long time for verification. At this rate, most people submitting in July won't be seen by the schools until mid-August.

yessirr

A&M
UT Houston
UT SA
Nova
Roseman
Kentucky
Marquette
NYU
UPenn
LECOM
Tennessee
Are you reapplying? With those stats you sound like a sure in for a Texas spot!

Do we have to do anything additional for our DAT scores if we selected the Texas schools to be sent to? I've heard for AASDAS we have to contact them to get the scores connected so not sure if its the same for TMSDAS.

Thanks for the help!

For people that have been through this before, is the month+ lag time normal for the app to be transmitted? According to the TMDSAS twitter, they were still working on June 16 applications as of yesterday. Seems like a long time for verification. At this rate, most people submitting in July won't be seen by the schools until mid-August.

Slowest process on earth.

Did anyone get the interview offer from UTSD? I didn't think they would send invites until August

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone get the interview offer from UTSD? I didn't think they would send invites until August

Congratulations on hearing back, although it does seem really early. I agree, I also thought the same.

How do we know if tmdsas received our DAT scores for sure?

Will be out of the country for the next week and a half...hopefully to be surprised with interview requests when I get back #suspense
Like the new pic! just in time for the Dak Attack!