This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interview:
School: A&M
Notification date: 8/21/2017
Method of notification: Email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/30/2017
Application complete: 8/11/2017
GPA - 3.64
DAT: 25TS/23AA

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Interview:
School: A&M
Method of notification: Email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/30/2017
Application complete: 8/11/2017
GPA - 3.64
DAT: 25TS/23AA

Are you Sept 13th ?

If so, congratulations and hope to see you!

Members don't see this ad :)
FIRST INTERVIEW!!
School: Texas A&M
Method of notification: email
TMDSAS mail-out date: 6/18/2017
Application received date: 7/28/2017
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.6, 3.73
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/20/22/22/none

Reactions: 4 users
For people who submitted rec letters through interfolio, how long did it take to show up on the status page?

For people who submitted rec letters through interfolio, how long did it take to show up on the status page?

My first one showed up within hours, the other two have yet to show up and it's been over a week. I contacted TMDSAS and they told me they were short handed so it was taking them longer.

Reactions: 1 users
My first one showed up within hours, the other two have yet to show up and it's been over a week. I contacted TMDSAS and they told me they were short handed so it was taking them longer.

OK yeah my committee letter finally came through and its been about a week and still nothing. Thought it would be easy since its all online and stuff lol

OK yeah my committee letter finally came through and its been about a week and still nothing. Thought it would be easy since its all online and stuff lol

I did too! I thought it was automatic or something since the other one showed up fairly quick!

Second interview!!! Omg it's been sitting in my spam folder since Monday
School: Texas A&M
Notification date: 8/21
TMDSAS mail-out date: 5/31
Application received date: 6/2
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.54. 3.60
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24,24,22,22,N/A.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey all, question might be a bit off topic but since this is a Texas chat I figure y'all would know best, when is it considered a late submission for TMDSAS?

Reason I am asking is because I submitted my app July 11th and recently has been processed and in the system.

Hey all, question might be a bit off topic but since this is a Texas chat I figure y'all would know best, when is it considered a late submission for TMDSAS?

Reason I am asking is because I submitted my app July 11th and recently has been processed and in the system.

Don't worry about it! July 11th is early enough that your chances of getting an interview don't drop off. Check out this infogrpahic from TMDSAS: https://www.tmdsas.com/Forms/EY2017 Application Submission Data.pdf
With your stats I don't think your submission date will hurt you at all. Good luck!
By the way nice username, I'm a bird man myself too.

Any interviews for Houston or SA get delayed from the hurricane?

Any interviews for Houston or SA get delayed from the hurricane?
I'm due to interview in Houston on the 5th. I'll give it a few more days and if they don't email I'll call them. A student I'm friends with that goes to Houston said they were tentatively told to return to class on Tuesday. However, according to news I've seen, 9 trillion gallons of water fell on Houston sooooo I'm betting the interview will be delayed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live in SA and everything is good here, we just had some slight wind damage with a little rain. I don't see anything being delayed here. Houston on the other hand...

Houston student here. Our classes were originally canceled until Monday the 28th but have all been canceled until Sept 5th.
Water level and conditions are tragic here. Many people are on mandatory evacuation in North Houston and SW Houston, water is up to the powerlines.
Thankfully we don't have very many fatalities but are just praying this hurricane finishes quickly.
You most likely will not get any calls returned any time soon, most places are closed with the exception of some HEB, Fiestas, and Krogers.

Here is a link to directly donate to our ASDA chapter to help with hurricane relief if you feel you can help in any way: Hurricane Harvey Relief Donation

Here's the current conditions of the roads in front of the school, which aren't too bad, levels are expected to rise by Wednesday.

Houston student here. Our classes were originally canceled until Monday the 28th but have all been canceled until Sept 5th.
Water level and conditions are tragic here. Many people are on mandatory evacuation in North Houston and SW Houston, water is up to the powerlines.
Thankfully we don't have very many fatalities but are just praying this hurricane finishes quickly.
You most likely will not get any calls returned any time soon, most places are closed with the exception of some HEB, Fiestas, and Krogers.

Here is a link to directly donate to our ASDA chapter to help with hurricane relief if you feel you can help in any way: Hurricane Harvey Relief Donation

Here's the current conditions of the roads in front of the school, which aren't too bad, levels are expected to rise by Wednesday.

Thanks for the update, I know this is the least of your concerns right now. Hope everything gets resolved as safely as possible.

@D1Bound @Brazilfan

I will be at the Sept. 5 interview for Houston as well. I haven't heard from them regarding a reschedule, I assume that since class resumes on the 5th, the interview is still as scheduled?

@D1Bound @Brazilfan

I will be at the Sept. 5 interview for Houston as well. I haven't heard from them regarding a reschedule, I assume that since class resumes on the 5th, the interview is still as scheduled?
I am praying for the people of Houston! But to answer your question, I have a friend that was supposed to interview today and he was called by the school this past Friday that his interview date will be postponed. So watch out for any calls!

@D1Bound @Brazilfan

I would call on Friday, Sept 1st, office/admin are supposed to be open, clinic and classes are canceled until the 5th.

I have just received email and phone notification asking to reschedule the Houston interview. I am now interviewing on the 26th of September.

First interview!
School: TAMU
Notification date: 8/31
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection date: 9/20
TMDSAS mail-out date:6/9
Application received date: 6/29
GPA (BCPM, Overall): 3.41, 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20, 19, 19, 21, none

Ok so this began in a different chat but since we are all TMDSAS peeps I think y'all would have a better idea of what is going on than I would so here it goes: how absolutely necessary is it to have a committee packet for your LoR vs individual letters from your science professors and a dentist?

Ok so this began in a different chat but since we are all TMDSAS peeps I think y'all would have a better idea of what is going on than I would so here it goes: how absolutely necessary is it to have a committee packet for your LoR vs individual letters from your science professors and a dentist?
One guy that is at school at UTSD said he received compliments about how his committee packet looked very organized during an interview. I think it adds just another layer of professionalism and effort. He attended Baylor University and they are known for their pre health committee and pre health students they produce. BU's pre health committee process for the letter packet included an application similar to what TMDSAS requires, 4 letters of rec, and then an interview. It's basically like a trial run for applying to dental school. I think dental schools would see this as another built in layer of weed out honestly. But, I know a person who did not use the committee letter process who got in. That person had very good stats but that is just one case. I don't think it's required by any means. This is just my experience with one universities pre health committee system and a few reports from students I know. I hope this perspective was helpful!

Reactions: 1 user
One guy that is at school at UTSD said he received compliments about how his committee packet looked very organized during an interview. I think it adds just another layer of professionalism and effort. He attended Baylor University and they are known for their pre health committee and pre health students they produce. BU's pre health committee process for the letter packet included an application similar to what TMDSAS requires, 4 letters of rec, and then an interview. It's basically like a trial run for applying to dental school. I think dental schools would see this as another built in layer of weed out honestly. But, I know a person who did not use the committee letter process who got in. That person had very good stats but that is just one case. I don't think it's required by any means. This is just my experience with one universities pre health committee system and a few reports from students I know. I hope this perspective was helpful!
Thanks, it was helpful, reason I am asking if because I switched from going into research to dental in january and the process for a committee letter began back in november so i was a bit late to apply for it, had to go with 2 former honors science prof, a dentist, and an employer for LoR and I have heard that certain states (like AL) will just write you off if you do not go through a committee. :(

Thanks, it was helpful, reason I am asking if because I switched from going into research to dental in january and the process for a committee letter began back in november so i was a bit late to apply for it, had to go with 2 former honors science prof, a dentist, and an employer for LoR and I have heard that certain states (like AL) will just write you off if you do not go through a committee. :(
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Everyone's application will more than likely have that certain weak spot that one wishes they could have done better on!

anyone still waiting for their applications to be transmitted to schools?

Yup, I submitted on 7/31. Looks like it's taking them almost 6 weeks.

Yup, I submitted on 7/31. Looks like it's taking them almost 6 weeks.
This is ridiculous!! I'm scared it's going to hurt our chances by them transmitting so late!!

I submitted 8/11!
:drowning:
I don't know what the schools will do
I hope they take the delays into consideration
I'm a reapplicant and A&M said that they don't even look at reapplicants until September/October
I really hope tmdsas speeds up because there's a few things on my application that I found are mistakes and they won't fix it until it's processed -.-

:drowning:
I don't know what the schools will do
I hope they take the delays into consideration
I'm a reapplicant and A&M said that they don't even look at reapplicants until September/October
I really hope tmdsas speeds up because there's a few things on my application that I found are mistakes and they won't fix it until it's processed -.-
Are you serious?? I'm a re applicant too!! So then re applicants don't get interviews at A&M until very late? Well that sucks! I really hope they do take the delays into consideration, I sent a message through TMDSAS and they told me they were on 7/24 apps yesterday and they were taking 6 weeks to process!! Last time I called they told me they were short staffed, they took about 3 weeks to upload my letter of recommendation which was sent through Interfolio, usually they're uploaded same day! I'm just here thinking of all the applicants that submitted after us but sent theirs through AADSAS which will be looked at before ours :(

I did not have a committee letter and it was completely ok. Takes too long and it's just another unnecessary thing to worry about in my opinion.

I hate to say this but if I get the last TX school invitation to interview I'm going to get very lazy very quickly. Basically, I will need to focus on learning histology, immunology, biochem well for D1 year

Patiently waiting for TX interviews :corny:
Likely won't get any from A&M due to being out of school since 2015

C'mon San Antonio!! Praying for Houston, they have bigger things to worry about.

Kinda weird considering my app was transmitted to schools 5/24

My letters didnt get there until end of June, could that be the delay? anyways..no worries

It seems like all school have been active. I know people who have heard back from all 3. I think the only delay we will be expecting is from Houston, because people interviews have been delayed by at least 3 weeks, that means that it could be a long wait to hear back from Houston if you haven't.

Patiently waiting for TX interviews :corny:
Likely won't get any from A&M due to being out of school since 2015

C'mon San Antonio!! Praying for Houston, they have bigger things to worry about.

Kinda weird considering my app was transmitted to schools 5/24

My letters didnt get there until end of June, could that be the delay? anyways..no worries

Possibly since your application wasn't "complete". I wonder how many interview invites SA has sent out... 1 Dec is right around the corner!

Anyone heard from San Antonio? My app was transmitted to the schools on 6/28

Interview #3

School: TAMU
Notification date: 9/11
Interview/Acceptance/Rejection date: 10/4
TMDSAS mail-out date:5/11
Application received date: 5/20
GPA (Science, Overall): 3.15, 3.25
Post Bacc GPA : 3.91 (38 credits)
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21, 20, 19, 24, none