This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was talking to my friend who got accepted this last cycle to UTHSCH and he showed me the most recent admission statistics (not yet released to the public). Apparently, UTHSCSA has increased their class size to ~153 students starting this year. It should increase our chances minimally.

Has anyone else heard this too?

I just met with a Doctor there and it's still 100/yr, unless he doesn't know about any changes.

Members don't see this ad.

For the section, "In what activities or experiences are you currently involved? and What have you done to strengthen your application?" Do these need to be complete sentences or is it ok to just list activities? Only a 600 char limit.
You can just list activities, no need to write the whole sentence

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a place in the app where you can see if the ADA has released your scores to TMDSAS?
I took my test last year and on the ADA website, my scores were released to all 3 schools in Jan 2016 but I'm not sure if i have to re-release?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a place in the app where you can see if the ADA has released your scores to TMDSAS?
I took my test last year and on the ADA website, my scores were released to all 3 schools in Jan 2016 but I'm not sure if i have to re-release?

Click on the "status" tab and scroll all the way down until you see "DAT Score Release." It should have the status of your scores

Make sure you fill out the DAT section first and then after a few days, it should show up on your status page

Under the "planned activities" section, would it be okay to include the fact that I am planning on getting my bachelor's degree by May 2018? I figured it might be redundant to include this but just wanted to double-check.

Under the "planned activities" section, would it be okay to include the fact that I am planning on getting my bachelor's degree by May 2018? I figured it might be redundant to include this but just wanted to double-check.
You can put it in that section. It won't hurt anything.

I just want to say (unless I have already) good luck to everyone!!

Pretty self-explanatory since they'll see your list of planned courses for that semester but if you want to include it, I don't think it'll hurt. Not needed though

Hello! I am having trouble on what to put on my personal characteristics essay and the optional essay. I pretty much put the story of my life on my personal statement and it says not to repeat things. Could you please give me some advise:)

Don't want to make an extra thread so maybe someone can chime in, is it worth it to invest $50 to buy the 2017 ADEA Official Guide to Dental Schools or should I just buy last year's for $15?

Most data probably doesn't change significantly from year to year so I think it would still be mostly useful. The only caveat being that you can't keep it forever online according to the description.

Is it recommended to list every TMOM event separately? or as just 1 "activity"

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it recommended to list every TMOM event separately? or as just 1 "activity"
I would list it as 1 activity and then in the description say every time you went. For the dates, you can keep it for 2-3 years or whatever but just make the hours however long you volunteered total

For cummulative hours for an ongoing activity, do we just enter hours done so far? Or we also add expected future hours to that?

Sent from my SM-G935T using SDN mobile

For cummulative hours for an ongoing activity, do we just enter hours done so far? Or we also add expected future hours to that?

Add your future hours to it. Just make sure for the dates, you have the end date for when you plan to finish it (for example, May 2018 if you'll finish that activity then)

Reactions: 1 user

I would put how many hours you currently have. Then, under the "Planned Activities" section, add in the hours you project to have completed later on

Make sure you fill out the DAT section first and then after a few days, it should show up on your status page

You can go to the ADA.org website, under education, log into your account and it will show you if it is still processing or if it has been sent.

My school doesn't use +/- system for grades. So should I just enter my grades as same on transcript without +/-? Or will TMDSAS will calculate my GPA differently?

My school doesn't use +/- system for grades. So should I just enter my grades as same on transcript without +/-? Or will TMDSAS will calculate my GPA differently?

Put your grade exactly as it is on your transcript.

Wanted to post this on here in case anyone needed it but you can get 20% off the DAT bootcamp by using the code 'datspring2017'

Wanted to post this on here in case anyone needed it but you can get 20% off the DAT bootcamp by using the code 'datspring2017'

Whooohooo took $50 off! Thank you!

Are there supplementary apps for Houston and SA? I couldn't find them.

Anyone know what the Baylor secondary question about overcoming a hardship is supposed to look like since it doesn't seem to have a character limit. I've explained some hardships in my TMDSAS optional essay and I don't want to sound like a broken record.

For the "Employment" section, should I put my post-grad jobs that are more relevant to my app or every job since graduating high school? i.e. Jimmy Johns delivery driver, lol

For reference, I am a non-trad and that list would easily extend to 15 occupations.

For the "Employment" section, should I put my post-grad jobs that are more relevant to my app or every job since graduating high school? i.e. Jimmy Johns delivery driver, lol

For reference, I am a non-trad and that list would easily extend to 15 occupations.
Put everything, adcoms will want to know what you've been up to. As long as you weren't selling drugs on the street or something.

Anyone know what the Baylor secondary question about overcoming a hardship is supposed to look like since it doesn't seem to have a character limit. I've explained some hardships in my TMDSAS optional essay and I don't want to sound like a broken record.

Honestly I right do the secondary essays, didn't seem worth it to me since they were very similar to the original ones.

Am I the only one that cant access the Baylor secondary ? Ive submitted my TMDSAS, but when I use the link on the website to access the Baylor portal, it doesn't let me access the app ?

Does anyone know if we should include Community college courses taken during high school when asked about which colleges attended?

In the academic recognition section, if I achieved an award in multiple years, should I list it two separate times or list the award once and note that it was awarded during two different years in the description?

In the academic recognition section, if I achieved an award in multiple years, should I list it two separate times or list the award once and note that it was awarded during two different years in the description?
I would list it two different times. Especially for the sake of the timeline that TMDSAS does at the end, it'll show that you took x classes this year and earned this award and you took x classes this year and worked hard enough to earn this award again.

Does anyone have any info on the A&M secondary application essay about overcoming hardships? The instructions aren't very detailed and there doesn't seem to be a character limit.

Is it true that A&M planning to increase the class size for this cycle ?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just submitted! Do you get contacted about Baylor secondaries or is there something I have to go do myself?

Honestly I right do the secondary essays, didn't seem worth it to me since they were very similar to the original ones.

I'm wondering the same thing. The secondary application question about extreme hardship is similar to the optional on tmdsas. Should I just not do it? I don't want to be repeating myself but at the same time I hate leaving something blank.

I'm wondering the same thing. The secondary application question about extreme hardship is similar to the optional on tmdsas. Should I just not do it? I don't want to be repeating myself but at the same time I hate leaving something blank.

Lol, sorry I had a typo, I didn't do them. It matter absolutely no difference to my application, if you have more to add, do them, but don't do them just because.

Does anyone know if the Texas schools acceptances are contingent upon finishing a master's program before matriculating or not?

Does anyone know if the Texas schools acceptances are contingent upon finishing a master's program before matriculating or not?

Do you mean finishing your Master's before the upcoming 2018 school year beginning in July (such as is the case for Dell)?

I would not imagine they'd admit you before finishing, unless you plan to drop out. I'd call your target schools and ask, most are very nice.

Does anyone know if it matters if I use acronyms like "E.R." & "O.R." in my healthcare experience section? The hospital names are rather long and barely fit.

Does anyone know if it matters if I use acronyms like "E.R." & "O.R." in my healthcare experience section? The hospital names are rather long and barely fit.
You should be okay including the acronyms.

How long did it take your guys' application to get verified? Mine is still in 'TMDSAS Processing' status for like 2 weeks now.

How long did it take your guys' application to get verified? Mine is still in 'TMDSAS Processing' status for like 2 weeks now.

It should be faster if you submitted that early. I also submitted end of May last year and it was verified in less than 2 weeks. Check that they have everything (transcripts, recommendation letters, etc)

Random question - is it the schools themselves that approve whether or not we've completed the prerequisites or do they go off of what TMDSAS says?

How do I submit my application w/o one of the required letter of evaluation? Do I have to first create a place holder? How will I be able to upload my letter after I submit my application.