*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
man, I wonder what the chances are of getting in this entering class while being placed on 2 alternate lists...
I hope its at least a small chance
Lucky dawg. May the odds be ever in your favor

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Good afternoon yall, Just heard some useful information and thought I would share. With TAMU, they mailed out alternative lists and there is about 15ish people on it. If you interviewed and have not received a letter or email, you are still considered active and if they go through everyone on the first alt list they will start pulling people who are active but not on that first alt list. They also told me that technically all the seats are filled but there is a possibility as the roster is finalized they may need to start accepting people on the alt list.

I guess that cements me going to an out of state school. Best of luck to yall who get to stay in the great state of Texas!

Reactions: 1 user
:( official rejection letter from Houston today...

The Office of Student and Alumni Affairs would like to inform you of the current status of the admissions process at The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. The School of Dentistry this year received an estimated 1,500 hundred applications for our entering class.

The Dental Admissions Committee is sorry to inform you that you are no longer in consideration for a position in this year's entering class. Each year the Admissions Committee faces the dilemma of having far more qualified applicants than UTSD has to offer. The Committee appreciates very much the interest that you have expressed in UTSD and wish you the very best in your pursuit of a career in dentistry.

If you wish to submit an application for the 2018 entering class and are a Texas resident, you may apply online through the Texas Medical and Dental Schools Application Service TMDSAS website at http://www.utsystem.edu.tmdsas. If you are a Non-Resident applicant and wish to re-apply, please apply via TMDSAS or the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS) website at www.adea.org. Please do not apply through both application services.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how many applicants are on a waitlist usually at UTHSCSA?

Does anyone see the TAMU schedule on their howdy page? I do not.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it!

Last edited:
Does anyone know when TAMU D1s can expect our financial aid awards?

Does anyone know when TAMU D1s can expect our financial aid awards?
Financial aid info usually isn't posted until mid June. The money won't get disbursed until orientation week.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This is false.
If you are tied for GPA, they move to numerical %
Really? I didn't know they did it like that. So wait then how does that work? Do they just average all the numbers together? With heavier classes being weighted more?

Really? I didn't know they did it like that. So wait then how does that work? Do they just average all the numbers together? With heavier classes being weighted more?

Yeah, top 4 in D2 (now D3) class had all 4.0, but they were still ranked 1,2,3,4.

Yeah, top 4 in D2 (now D3) class had all 4.0, but they were still ranked 1,2,3,4.
Ohhh ok. Someone told me that if they had 4.0s that it would be rank 1,1,1,1 then the next would be rank 5 or something along those lines. Interesting. Thanks for the clarification.:thumbup:

Does anyone know if the Texas schools' acceptances are contingent upon finishing a master's program before matriculating or not?

They accept you on the assumption that you finish your program. They make a big deal out of dropping even one CC non-prerequisite course if you informed them of what you will be taking in the spring if you happen to interview in the fall. They will require transcripts of what you've done even after an acceptance.

They accept you on the assumption that you finish your program. They make a big deal out of dropping even one CC non-prerequisite course if you informed them of what you will be taking in the spring if you happen to interview in the fall. They will require transcripts of what you've done even after an acceptance.
What if the program wasn't mentioned on the application because I hadn't been admitted/enrolled in the masters yet? Would I have to mention that now or could I wait until the academic update period?

update the TMDSAS website ASAP, never wait to do anything, the earlier the better in my opinion, could be the difference between getting an early interview/late or acceptance on 12/1 or sweating for several months

Hey !

Quick question! How long did it take those of you who have completed the application to complete it? (rough estimate?) I have all my letters and transcripts and essays done obviously, but my personal deadline to fill it all in is June 17, about a week from now? is that do-able? Thanks in advance!! Good luck everyone :)

Hey !

Quick question! How long did it take those of you who have completed the application to complete it? (rough estimate?) I have all my letters and transcripts and essays done obviously, but my personal deadline to fill it all in is June 17, about a week from now? is that do-able? Thanks in advance!! Good luck everyone :)
Hey man/woman, this is last year's thread for apps, so while you may get good responses, they probably won't be as numerous as you'd like :)

Good luck mate!

Also, when I did it, I finished it in a day. So it's totally doable.

Had anyone on the San Antonio alternate list heard back from them?

Does anyone know if the Texas schools' acceptances are contingent upon finishing a master's program before matriculating or not?
You don't have to finish the whole Master's program, just the classes you told them you were taking. Just experienced this last semester.

Reactions: 1 users
man, I wonder what the chances are of getting in this entering class while being placed on 2 alternate lists...
I hope its at least a small chance
Have you heard anything yet?

I just submitted 2 days ago. Do you guys thinks this is still early or kinda late?

Too late. School starts in about 6 weeks for 2017. Should probably apply for TMDSAS "2018" ;)

Reactions: 2 users
Since y'all have been though the process, I thought I would ask in this thread. When interviews get sent out, do the schools give a few dates for you to choose from or do they only give one date that you must attend? I'm worried an interview date may interfere with pre-existing plans

Since y'all have been though the process, I thought I would ask in this thread. When interviews get sent out, do the schools give a few dates for you to choose from or do they only give one date that you must attend? I'm worried an interview date may interfere with pre-existing plans
This is your career, pre-existing plans be darned.

Depends on the school. I had a few dates from one school, hard dates from others.

This is your career, pre-existing plans be darned.

Depends on the school. I had a few dates from one school, hard dates from others.

oh I most definitely will be putting my career first. I'm just trying to prepare for the situation if the dates were to match up.

All of the Texas schools gave one date. San Antonio's actually ended up conflicting with a vacation I had planned to be early and before school started, so it was kind of a nuisance.

Stupidly I wanted to go on the vacation and ask for a different interview date... But my parents convinced me to just cancel the trip because it might be my only acceptance. Of course, I got into the other two as well so all I've thought from then until now is, "I should have taken the trip".

Especially because someone else I know ended up canceling the same interview date to go on vacation to the same location as I had originally planned, and they got rescheduled for like 2-3 weeks later :mad:

anyone here that was a re-applicant and got accepted? did you get accepted before or after December and where? thanks!

All of the Texas schools gave one date. San Antonio's actually ended up conflicting with a vacation I had planned to be early and before school started, so it was kind of a nuisance.

Stupidly I wanted to go on the vacation and ask for a different interview date... But my parents convinced me to just cancel the trip because it might be my only acceptance. Of course, I got into the other two as well so all I've thought from then until now is, "I should have taken the trip".

Especially because someone else I know ended up canceling the same interview date to go on vacation to the same location as I had originally planned, and they got rescheduled for like 2-3 weeks later :mad:
You can always reschedule an interview it's not like their gonna take it away. People reschedule for a variety of reasons. You can enjoy that vacation next year haha

Anything happen yet? I am not ready to check yet lol

Not sure if anyone on here still gets on.... BUT did anyone that was on an alternate list hear anything back? Seems hard pressed to find someone that has been on an alternate list and then gotten in :(

Not sure if anyone on here still gets on.... BUT did anyone that was on an alternate list hear anything back? Seems hard pressed to find someone that has been on an alternate list and then gotten in :(
Theyll call you in may/June if you’re the first and second person on the list to tell you to “prepare” for “most likely” getting in. But they don’t guarantee it. It’s just a higher chance

Theyll call you in may/June if you’re the first and second person on the list to tell you to “prepare” for “most likely” getting in. But they don’t guarantee it. It’s just a higher chance
For A&M