*~*~*TMDSAS 2017*~*~*

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
TAMU just signed us up for our first year classes and oh my gowd its a doozie :eek::eek::eek:
It's a lot worse than it looks....

Jk :laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Where'd you see that?

I'm a current A&M student so I already have access to the system we use and everything. I attached it here so you don't feel left out :D. Take a look!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 7.18.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-19 at 7.18.02 PM.png
    149.4 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm a current A&M student so I already have access to the system we use and everything. I attached it here so you don't feel left out :D. Take a look!

....... Sometimes it's better to be not know haha, wow that looks a bit worse than I thought!

It's cool that you can see the classes though!

Reactions: 1 user
@Advance seem to do fine, so y'all will be fine. He had a social life and nap, and pre-nap, and everything.

Reactions: 5 users
If anyone wonders what the Uthscsa one looks like, it is posted on the class of 2021 page

For those going to Texas A&M and need furniture, I live close by and will be moving out of state for dental school. If you need anything or interested, please message me. I am selling EVERYTHING! :D
meee! I need furniture and stuff!

Members don't see this ad :)
....... Sometimes it's better to be not know haha, wow that looks a bit worse than I thought!

It's cool that you can see the classes though!
You can see it on your howdy page, every incoming student should have access to it by now, I saw mine already

We have 20 out of 103 Vietnamese in our class.

As long as the applicants are qualified, I don't see any problem whether overrepresented or underrepresented.
One of those Nigerians here (hi!) Its probably because most Nigerian parents guide their children towards the health field/ engineering field and that's where they excel. And your right, where you are from shouldn't matter as long as you are qualified, got accepted and put in the same quality of work

Reactions: 4 users
If a TMDSAS applicant puts down a deposit in multiple dental schools, when is the last day they have to make their school choice?

Does anyone know the grading system that all the Texas dental schools use? Is it like honors pass fail?

Does anyone know the grading system that all the Texas dental schools use? Is it like honors pass fail?
For A&M we do percentages
93+ A
89-92 B+
84-88 B
80-83 C+
75-79 C
70-74 D
69 and below F

For A&M we do percentages
93+ A
89-92 B+
84-88 B
80-83 C+
75-79 C
70-74 D
69 and below F
With this rating for a 93% to get an A, I would drop out since first week. Especially since you guys have wax up practical

Reactions: 1 users
Got the alternate letter today for TAMU. Good to know that's a thing. Took em long enough.

Sent from my Pixel using SDN mobile

We dont do A/B/C. We just took the percentage and average all of the courses together.
As long as we get 93 in everything you can get rank 1 here. Houston gotta fight for 100s :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard of anyone getting accepted from the alternate list at Houston and AM?

One of those Nigerians here (hi!) Its probably because most Nigerian parents guide their children towards the health field/ engineering field and that's where they excel. And your right, where you are from shouldn't matter as long as you are qualified, got accepted and put in the same quality of work
Same

Anyone know how many students are usually on the list?

I started the 2018 application today. Does anyone know how I am supposed to release my DAT score for TMDSAS? I can't seem to find any solid directions, but the application says they are not automatically sent

I started the 2018 application today. Does anyone know how I am supposed to release my DAT score for TMDSAS? I can't seem to find any solid directions, but the application says they are not automatically sent

Post future questions in the TMDSAS 18 thread, but did you select the schools to receive your scores before the test? That's what most people I know did. Alternatively you skills be able to add schools into the list to receive your scores for 30 dollars.

I do remember the wording is weird, so if you remember adding them to the list, just go forward with the app, there's nothing else you have to do

If you did send select the schools on your DAT application, all you have to do on TMDSAS is fill out the DAT section on there that I think asks for your test date and it will say received or something like that in a few days.

I heard back rom A&M saying I got on their alternate list

Did they send you an email? or did you get a letter? I still haven't gotten anything
I haven't heard anything back from Houston either...weird - been checking the inbox, clutter, and spam box but nothing comes up when i search "UTSD" :eek:

man, I wonder what the chances are of getting in this entering class while being placed on 2 alternate lists...
I hope its at least a small chance