****tmdsas 2012****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I found out from Dr. Pierpont that Houston is still looking to fill ~25 spots!

There's still hope, but I would start revving up the back up/ re-application plans.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Good to know! Did they say when they will be sending out more acceptances?

Didn't ask. I'm pretty sure at this point, they just take their time looking through the applicants they've interviewed and slowly fill up the class from that pool.

You can look at the last TMDSAS thread to see dates from March onward on when people got in, but I don't think they'll necessarily be assigning specific days on when they notify people.

This is all mostly conjecture of course. Just my two cents!

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn't ask. I'm pretty sure at this point, they just take their time looking through the applicants they've interviewed and slowly fill up the class from that pool.

You can look at the last TMDSAS thread to see dates from March onward on when people got in, but I don't think they'll necessarily be assigning specific days on when they notify people.

This is all mostly conjecture of course. Just my two cents!

yeah, I am sure there won't be a big wave like Jan 25th or Dec 1st.

I emailed Dr. Pierpont today and he sent a pretty quick response saying that they are wanting to fill about 25 spots by the end of this month. so nervous! good luck guys!

I emailed Dr. Pierpont today and he sent a pretty quick response saying that they are wanting to fill about 25 spots by the end of this month. so nervous! good luck guys!

Lol, thanks for the update! You too!

Hi Everyone!!!

Firstly, good luck to everybody who is still waiting, don't give up hope!
I was absolutely positive I wasn't getting in this cycle because of my lack of coursework, but I JUST got the e-mail of acceptance from San Antonio!!!!

Hopefully you guys will see more movement coming soon!

Hi Everyone!!!

Firstly, good luck to everybody who is still waiting, don't give up hope!
I was absolutely positive I wasn't getting in this cycle because of my lack of coursework, but I JUST got the e-mail of acceptance from San Antonio!!!!

Hopefully you guys will see more movement coming soon!

Seriously, congratulations on your acceptance!

Good to see movement at SA; maybe Houston will feel it too and start shifting some spots around lol.

Next step: find a place to live in SA!

Last edited:
anyone know if Baylor is done giving out acceptances?

Pretty sure they're full (i.e. they have students filling EVERY spot).

Any spots that open up at this point would probably be if someone drops out/ decides to go somewhere else.

I got mine about 3 wks ago and I know that the admissions committee met for one last time in Feb to decide the acceptances and waitlist. I was in the last interview group and im pretty sure theyre done with the last round of acceptances.

has anyone heard anything lately from any Texas school? I know Houston was on Spring Break this week, so I have a feeling they will be sending out some decisions next week.... According to Dr. Pierpont, they wanted to fill the remaining spots by the end of March.

has anyone heard anything lately from any Texas school? I know Houston was on Spring Break this week, so I have a feeling they will be sending out some decisions next week.... According to Dr. Pierpont, they wanted to fill the remaining spots by the end of March.

A friend of mine received a call from Janet Pledger today from Baylor asking her if she wanted in. :D

Might have been the last available seat..

If you checking the UTSD thread, it looks like the remaining spots may have been filled as of 3/28.

It looks like at least 2 people from studentdoctor got in, and since we can safely assume not everyone who applies uses studentdoctor, it may the last wave of acceptances.

Looks like it may be alternate lists from here on out.

If you checking the UTSD thread, it looks like the remaining spots may have been filled as of 3/28.

It looks like at least 2 people from studentdoctor got in, and since we can safely assume not everyone who applies uses studentdoctor, it may the last wave of acceptances.

Looks like it may be alternate lists from here on out.

Yes, unfortunately I saw that. Made me sad.