****tmdsas 2012****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay...now I'm seriously starting to panic. Still no interviews =/

cGPA: 3.68
sGPA: 3.58
AA/TS/PAT: 20/21/19

:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, nothing but silence from the Texas schools. I don't get it...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to be picky but if you are in state (TX) how did you apply through AADSAS. Did you mean TMDSAS mail out date 8/23. Just curious

Sorry, I just copied and pasted my AADSAS invite. but forgot to take delete that part..

Houston invite for mid october last friday, San Antonio invite for mid october today.

They're still coming guys. I had already cast off these 2 schools. I submitted TMDSAS in mid June. If I had to guess they are running through applications a 2nd time.

Either way, for the first time ever I am feeling good about things now. Hopefully I don't screw up interviews 3 times over.

San Antonio Interview Invitation!! Hell Yeah!!!

The last of the Texas schools finally! Houston interview on October 4th.

To those who have interviewed at Baylor -

Is the Baylor interview open file?
And for lunch, do they like give you some voucher that you can use to get what you want to eat?

Can you please tell me what your mail date was.

Yeah of course! I had all my info in by May 25th and it was mailed out by the 27th because I was going to be out of the country June 1st. It wasn't "complete" until June 6th however because of an error on their end about my LORs but it all worked out in the end.

To those who have interviewed at Baylor -

Is the Baylor interview open file?
And for lunch, do they like give you some voucher that you can use to get what you want to eat?

At Baylor they had a manilla folder with all of your information, essays, scores, etc. in front of them while talking to you. And I think they gave us an $8 voucher for lunch which I actually thought was pretty cool because it was just a further opportunity to see the school and interact with students.

Yeah of course! I had all my info in by May 25th and it was mailed out by the 27th because I was going to be out of the country June 1st. It wasn't "complete" until June 6th however because of an error on their end about my LORs but it all worked out in the end.

At Baylor they had a manilla folder with all of your information, essays, scores, etc. in front of them while talking to you. And I think they gave us an $8 voucher for lunch which I actually thought was pretty cool because it was just a further opportunity to see the school and interact with students.

that's good to know - thanks.

I'm officially going insane from waiting...still nothing. I honestly didn't think I would have to wait this long :(

Mostly predents and skimming through the waitlist and accepted and tmdsas threads from last year. I'm more interested in whether at this point they have given us a thumbs up for our academic credentials and want to see what we're like as people, or if they invite anyone remotely qualified, get an interview score, then put everything together and make a decision.

Did you ever make up your mind on which one of the two situations it was? I'm hoping the former. This is my guessing game right now as well:cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have interviewed at UT San Antonio -

I've heard the interviewers just read your essays without looking at the rest of your app prior to the interviewer.
But I've also read that they can also have your app with them and ask you about it.
Does anyone know which is true?

What I was told when I interviewed is that they have read your personal statement and other essays, but they have not seen your grades or DAT scores.

Texas dental schools on interview freeze? when was the last time anyone heard from UTSA?

Did you ever make up your mind on which one of the two situations it was? I'm hoping the former. This is my guessing game right now as well:cool:

Check back after Dec 1 :laugh:

I am starting to wonder if Baylor or Houston know I exist? I had an interview with San Antonio already, but I haven't received any word from the other Texas schools. I have an interview with Univ. Detroit Mercy in a couple of weeks though. Better to have some interviews than none at all.

Finally! Interview invite today from Baylor! My top choice...so stoked.

Congrats! When is your interview? I'm still waiting for a single interview :(

Still waiting also :(

I had a great dream last night. Slept well and everything. In my dreams, I checked my email and saw a Baylor email interview invitation. It was exciting. Then I woke up. :mad:

Still waiting also :(

I had a great dream last night. Slept well and everything. In my dreams, I checked my email and saw a Baylor email interview invitation. It was exciting. Then I woke up. :mad:

I really hope you get an interview with them, you're seriously like the nicest person on SDN and very deserving.

I really hope you get an interview with them, you're seriously like the nicest person on SDN and very deserving.

Aw, thanks.. you're too sweet :) I hope so too. Good luck on your interviews! :)

Was getting really sad looking at this thread and seeing no new posts so here goes:

Interview invitation from San Antonio - 10/14
Interview scheduled for - 10/31

No word yet from Houston, but I interviewed with Baylor back in August.

Don't know about you guys, but I've been checking here religiously (can't help myself lol) just to see how things are moving along for my fellow pre-dents.

Good luck to you all!

Overall GPA: 3.67
Overall Science GPA: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 22/21/23

Was getting really sad looking at this thread and seeing no new posts so here goes:

Interview invitation from San Antonio - 10/14
Interview scheduled for - 10/31

No word yet from Houston, but I interviewed with Baylor back in August.

Don't know about you guys, but I've been checking here religiously (can't help myself lol) just to see how things are moving along for my fellow pre-dents.

Good luck to you all!

Overall GPA: 3.67
Overall Science GPA: 3.43
DAT (AA/TS/PAT): 22/21/23
I have the San Antonio interview on the same day. I had my Baylor interview a week ago, but I still haven't heard back from Houston. Hopefully, I get invited soon for the pre december interview. Good Luck!!!

Hello All,

I recently emailed Houston and found out that they will interview until the last tuesday of January. Hopefully we still have a chance...even though it may not be a pre-Dec chance :(. Anyone have any helpful interview details for SA or Baylor??:help:

Hello All,

I recently emailed Houston and found out that they will interview until the last tuesday of January. Hopefully we still have a chance...even though it may not be a pre-Dec chance :(. Anyone have any helpful interview details for SA or Baylor??:help:

I would doubt that but since you are saying you got an email from the school, I am not sure. Most Texas residents apply to all the 3 Texas schools but end up going to only one. Hence they reject the schools after December 1 and the deadline is till January 1 to accept and inform the other schools. So they should definitely have some interviews in January and February. When I contacted them they told me that they have interviews all the way till March. So its kinda contradictory.

received interview from SA yesterday for dec 12.

excited and yet disappointed that it is post-dec (i think this is the proper face :oops:)

does anyone know how much of the class SA tries to fill up on Dec 1?

received interview from SA yesterday for dec 12.
excited and yet disappointed that it is post-dec (i think this is the proper face :oops:)
does anyone know how much of the class SA tries to fill up on Dec 1?

Historically, they shoot for 100%.

Schools may shoot for 100% but it's not realistic. People are taken off waitlists, people hold a spot at one school and switch when they get the acceptance they really want, etc.

Schools may shoot for 100% but it's not realistic. People are taken off waitlists, people hold a spot at one school and switch when they get the acceptance they really want, etc.

yeah i understand that and that's why i keep hope but of course the chances at a school which offers up their entire class possibly on december 1 are a lot lower then one who only offers say a fourth of it

Not necessarily because there are a lot of people who will be accepted to 2 or 3 schools, and they eventually have to pick one. And if I remember correctly, Houston only sends out enough acceptances to fill 1/3 of their class.

I have an interview three days before Dec 1st. Do you guys think they will let me know their decision on the first?? :confused:

I have an interview three days before Dec 1st. Do you guys think they will let me know their decision on the first?? :confused:

I'm pretty sure that ADCOMs meet a week or 2 to decide who to send out acceptances to on Dec1st so unfortunately I don't think you will be hearing back on Dec1. Which school is it if you don't mind me asking??

I interviewed at SA at the beginning of November, but haven't heard anything from the other two schools. I'm definitely starting to worry :(. I had applied two years ago with mediocre stats (3.3uGPA, 19AA) however since then, I'm a semester out from getting a 4.0 Masters degree in Biol, retook DAT (21AA), did research, and a lot more volunteer work to make myself more competitive but nothing. I know the schools interview after Dec1st, but having my app sent in at the end of May and not hearing anything as of yet, it seems like my app has been pushed under the rug...I guess we can only wait and see....sigh

Yeah I know what you mean, I have an interview at SA on the 28th, but I'm afraid they will fill up their class before getting around to looking at my application after I interview. It's pretty hard to turn down Texas!

Yeah I know what you mean, I have an interview at SA on the 28th, but I'm afraid they will fill up their class before getting around to looking at my application after I interview. It's pretty hard to turn down Texas!

if i ever get invited/accepted to houston, you can have my SA spot.

Its almost that time again! Good luck guys/girls, and soon to be future UTHSCSA students! Make sure you check spam folder because that is where I received my acceptance emails. They also don't come exactly at 12am got mine around 12:35 so don't freak out.

Best of luck to everyone

Its almost that time again! Good luck guys/girls, and soon to be future UTHSCSA students! Make sure you check spam folder because that is where I received my acceptance emails. They also don't come exactly at 12am got mine around 12:35 so don't freak out.

Best of luck to everyone

Thanks! If you don't mind me asking, what time are Houston and Baylor emails sent out?

If I remember correctly Baylor came out at like 12:05 or so and Houston was about the same.

I thought houston came out in the morning around 8:00am...

Hey folks! I know that December 1st dat is rolling around :D I wish yall the best of luck!

Hi y'all! Just wanted to wish you all good luck for this upcoming day... whatever the outcome is, you have fought for your dream thus far and I anticipate you will continue to do so! If you have any questions about Baylor, don't hesitate to PM me! :) Best of luck. :luck: :xf:

Good luck to everybody tonight! All the schools are great and you should be proud to get into any of them. Hope to see you at Baylor next year, and as TexanGal mentioned you can ask me any questions you want...I'm currently a D1

Congrats to everyone!! :)

Last edited: