****tmdsas 2011****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha, keep praying but it looks like I will be going to Baylor. Don't get me wrong I love you Baylor!! I just have family in Houston and Galveston/the beach is only 30 min away!

join the face book page, i'll add you :D

Members don't see this ad.

Haha, keep praying but it looks like I will be going to Baylor. Don't get me wrong I love you Baylor!! I just have family in Houston and Galveston/the beach is only 30 min away!

I wish all the guys who wants to go to HOUSTON get accepted there!! SO you guys can open up spots for people who are waitlisted at Baylor.

By the way, i called Ms. Pledger yesterday to ask for my position on waitlist but she said they can't release that info now. But she did say that she will be making calls in May to the top 3 people on waitlist. So, lets hope...

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish all the guys who wants to go to HOUSTON get accepted there!! SO you guys can open up spots for people who are waitlisted at Baylor.

By the way, i called Ms. Pledger yesterday to ask for my position on waitlist but she said they can't release that info now. But she did say that she will be making calls in May to the top 3 people on waitlist. So, lets hope...

woww may?? i wish they just told us our position on the wait list :(

Hey... your profile says UTDallas, also certificate program... do I know you? I was in the biomedical certificate program as well. Best of luck!

Hey... your profile says UTDallas, also certificate program... do I know you? I was in the biomedical certificate program as well. Best of luck!

When did you do the program? I just started the program this year and will be finishing it up by next fall 2011. So did you get accepted at baylor or any other school after completing the program?

Oh nevermind i just saw you were accepted to Baylor. Good 4 u..::))

Last edited:
When did you do the program? I just started the program this year and will be finishing it up by next fall 2011. So did you get accepted at baylor or any other school after completing the program?

Oh nevermind i just saw you were accepted to Baylor. Good 4 u..::))

I started it fall of 2009, were you at UTD then? Because I know some people who were there, graduated then transitioned into the postbacc.

It's April 1st and I Haven't heard a peep from UTDB. It looks like Baylor and I are going to be exclusive. I can't wait to meet all of you in Dallas!

I am so glad to hear everyone getting in. Must be very exciting. Does anyone know if and when they make a waitlist for UTHSCSA? I was interviewed right after the Dec 1st acceptances went out and have not heard back from them yet. This looks like another year for me to find something to do again because there is absolutely nothing else I would rather do for the rest of my life.

How many of you people would go to Houston if you hear back from them and give up your spot for baylor?? Just wondering...

Hey yall :)

I know it is hard hard hard, but try to take it easy for right now. It is a slooow (I know, excruciating) wait. The best thing you can do for yourself is to take a deep breath, go enjoy the weather, spend time with family and friends and de-stress (Check out massages, groupon has plenty! haha) anyway you can.

I have mentioned this before and will now again too. I got into UTDB mid July 20th (3 weeks before school).
Sometimes miracles do happen. Have faith :)

Hey yall :)

I know it is hard hard hard, but try to take it easy for right now. It is a slooow (I know, excruciating) wait. The best thing you can do for yourself is to take a deep breath, go enjoy the weather, spend time with family and friends and de-stress (Check out massages, groupon has plenty! haha) anyway you can.

I have mentioned this before and will now again too. I got into UTDB mid July 20th (3 weeks before school).
Sometimes miracles do happen. Have faith :)
Thanks for those encouraging words@@ Makes me feel miracle might happen this year...:thumbup::laugh::xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
That reminds me, I need to do some of the to-do items from the packet that Baylor sent out.

First week of April!! And I woke up with UTDB on my mind haha!! Just wish we knew if and how many seats are left....They don't really give to much info when I call up there lol...Anyone have any info???

First week of April!! And I woke up with UTDB on my mind haha!! Just wish we knew if and how many seats are left....They don't really give to much info when I call up there lol...Anyone have any info???

I understand your frustration! I personally have given up on them.

I am so glad to hear everyone getting in. Must be very exciting. Does anyone know if and when they make a waitlist for UTHSCSA? I was interviewed right after the Dec 1st acceptances went out and have not heard back from them yet. This looks like another year for me to find something to do again because there is absolutely nothing else I would rather do for the rest of my life.

I like your fire

Hey yall!! I heard UTDB sent out rejection emails today. Does anyone know if they only sent the emails to people who didn't interview? And if they have a timeline for the waitlist?? ANY info would be great! Thanks!!

Hey yall!! I heard UTDB sent out rejection emails today. Does anyone know if they only sent the emails to people who didn't interview? And if they have a timeline for the waitlist?? ANY info would be great! Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure they sent out the emails to people who didn't interview since they're all over with. I didn't get an interview and I got a rejection. Everyone I know who got an interview didn't get anything today. I think UTDB is seriously hurting themselves by being so slow.

I'm pretty sure they sent out the emails to people who didn't interview since they're all over with. I didn't get an interview and I got a rejection. Everyone I know who got an interview didn't get anything today. I think UTDB is seriously hurting themselves by being so slow.

We like to slowly torture you. jk.

Think about it this way: if you go to a restaurant, would you be happy if you get the food within 2 seconds (meaning that the food was already made/old) or would you like to wait a little bit to make sure it's FRESH!

Same with UTDB too... they are making sure they made NOOO hasty decisions :) That's why we have an awesome class. The whole "family-ness" that you keep hearing about... that's what makes UTDB. Even though it is torturous, know that it is for the best :)

Think about it this way: if you go to a restaurant, would you be happy if you get the food within 2 seconds (meaning that the food was already made/old) or would you like to wait a little bit to make sure it's FRESH!

Same with UTDB too... they are making sure they made NOOO hasty decisions :) That's why we have an awesome class. The whole "family-ness" that you keep hearing about... that's what makes UTDB. Even though it is torturous, know that it is for the best :)

Yea but I'm starving!

For the record, I didn't get a rejection letter last year until mid-late May with an early Feb interview. I was accepted this year back on March 10 with other folks. Haven't heard any news yet as far as spots left, etc. etc. I just know I had to send in my deposit by March 25.

Icedspice, I totally respect you and your opinion on what UTDB is doing. But I'm with the coolbeans guy on this one. At some point people are going to walk out and leave the restaurant since the food's taking so long. Honestly, this is giving UTMB a bad rap for not being on time with everyone else. Think of it this way, all the potential students who already have offers from other schools are getting their paperwork done and looking at apartments. I think alot of people would love to go to UTDB but they have no idea where they stand on acceptances/wait list so they're going with the school that's already accepted them. Houston's missing out on some awesome people if they don't send out SOMETHING. I don't think it takes this many months to figure out who you want at you school.....

Reminds me of a guy that will never commit to a girl bc he's afraid that once he does somebody better will come along.

They take the position bc they can. No matter what they do or the reputation they get for pulling these shenanigans, there will always be someone willing to pay to fill a spot up to the last minute. Who knows what takes them so long but they're gonna take their time to look out for themselves. That's the game they play and we just deal with it.

I personally just think this year was different and they HAVE ALREADY filled up their entire class/are doing individual rolling acceptances over the past month or so as people trade palces at the 3 different schools. Friends and I called this semester and admissions said that this year the first round of acceptances sent out were pretty much completely filled right away (about 40% of class size). So basing my opnion off of that, people are accepting right away so the majority of the 2nd/3rd round of acceptances probably filled up the class throughout Feb/Mar. I'm sure there are going to be a spot here and there at all 3 schools that opens up over the next month or so from people switching last minute or dropping out though.

I personally just think this year was different and they HAVE ALREADY filled up their entire class/are doing individual rolling acceptances over the past month or so as people trade palces at the 3 different schools. Friends and I called this semester and admissions said that this year the first round of acceptances sent out were pretty much completely filled right away (about 40% of class size). So basing my opnion off of that, people are accepting right away so the majority of the 2nd/3rd round of acceptances probably filled up the class throughout Feb/Mar. I'm sure there are going to be a spot here and there at all 3 schools that opens up over the next month or so from people switching last minute or dropping out though.

I certainly hope thats not the case!! If it is the case then I wish they would make a waitlist for the rest of us....This week last year UTDB had the last round of acceptances that went out and then a few wks later they had their waitlist made....sooooo im hoping thats what will happen this year, and that they might have ONE more round go out. We'll know soon enough though, im definately keeping my fingers crossed!! Feedback has been limited, so we sure appreciate your update!! Please keep us posted if you hear anything else!!

Awesometeeth and others,
I was just trying to lighten the mood... that's all :)

There are so many things that go into an admissions process, I am sure. And we are only speculating whether a class is full, or not... or hoping for another round... and yall just seem to burn yourselves out by doing so.

Correct me if I am wrong, May 1st is the last date to switch between Texas schools? Well, if that is the case... send in your paperwork to X school that you have gotten accepted into. And in the case you hear back from UTDB before then, switching between schools is totally not an issue.

If you are meant to have that UTDB spot, you will hear back before May 1st.

I can't find my email but I think I got into Houston waitlist after May 1st.

Icedspice, were you accepted anywhere else other than UTDB?

Icedspice, were you accepted anywhere else other than UTDB?

NYU, Case and Penn. Rejected from Baylor without interview, waitlisted at San Antonio. Moved into Philly (new lease, new roommate, furniture... the works) and got accepted into UTDB the 3rd week of July.

Wow! It would just be nice to know my status pertaining to waitlist or rejection at UTDB. I would be stressed to recieve an acceptance while settled in a nice comfortable apt. and buying furniture in Dallas.

Wow! It would just be nice to know my status pertaining to waitlist or rejection at UTDB. I would be stressed to recieve an acceptance while settled in a nice comfortable apt. and buying furniture in Dallas.

I know what you mean. For me, it was worth all the hassle :) It was pretty sweet turning down my 90+ loans that I was about to take out hahaha.

I'm a Texas resident applying for TMDSAS 2011-2012 cycle. May is just around the corner! Taking my DATs on May 25.

Anyone have any tips for the 2011-2012 cycle in regards to filling out the actual application on TMDSAS? How to fill out certain sections? Personal statement? Etc...? Or any tips in general, I suppose :) Any would be appreciated!! :) It would be a dream come true to get accepted in Texas, especially with its low tuition... however, feeling my chances are low and need any help I can...

cGPA ~3.51
sGPA ~3.3
BCP ~2.95 :scared:

NYU, Case and Penn. Rejected from Baylor without interview, waitlisted at San Antonio. Moved into Philly (new lease, new roommate, furniture... the works) and got accepted into UTDB the 3rd week of July.

Hey~I think I know exactly who you are now. I was chatting with my friend janvi yesterday and tell her that I'm still waiting for dental school's reply. She try to encourage me with her sis's friend's story and it's exactly like yours!!!!:laugh:
I don't think there are many similar story like yours.

Just recieved an email from baylor on setting up an email account through them. I know it's just setting up my email account but it's the BEST account I've ever set up before!!!!!

I know what you mean. For me, it was worth all the hassle :) It was pretty sweet turning down my 90+ loans that I was about to take out hahaha.

FINALLY I now have figured out who you are!

I'm a Texas resident applying for TMDSAS 2011-2012 cycle. May is just around the corner! Taking my DATs on May 25.

Anyone have any tips for the 2011-2012 cycle in regards to filling out the actual application on TMDSAS? How to fill out certain sections? Personal statement? Etc...? Or any tips in general, I suppose :) Any would be appreciated!! :) It would be a dream come true to get accepted in Texas, especially with its low tuition... however, feeling my chances are low and need any help I can...

cGPA ~3.51
sGPA ~3.3
BCP ~2.95 :scared:

It's no big deal, just read instructions for each section well (especially when inputting your grades). You will need your ACT (or SAT?) scores from highschool, your HS graduation class size, rank.

Just start to think about your "motivation for pursuing dentistry", and make sure your LORs are squared away. LORs are the only thing that can really hold someone up, the application is easy but time consuming.

Write out a list of all the service, shadowing, extra curriculars, research, etc... including their duration and dates.

It's no big deal, just read instructions for each section well (especially when inputting your grades). You will need your ACT (or SAT?) scores from highschool, your HS graduation class size, rank.

Just start to think about your "motivation for pursuing dentistry", and make sure your LORs are squared away. LORs are the only thing that can really hold someone up, the application is easy but time consuming.

Write out a list of all the service, shadowing, extra curriculars, research, etc... including their duration and dates.

Thank you slm266! I see you got into Baylor! Congrats! That's my dream school :love: Thanks for the heads about about the high school information... THAT I did not know... I may have my ACT scores stashed somewhere, but I don't precisely know my class size and rank.... Do you think it will be okay to estimate the best I can with that? I didn't go to a high school in Texas.

Thank you slm266! I see you got into Baylor! Congrats! That's my dream school :love: Thanks for the heads about about the high school information... THAT I did not know... I may have my ACT scores stashed somewhere, but I don't precisely know my class size and rank.... Do you think it will be okay to estimate the best I can with that? I didn't go to a high school in Texas.

You'll have to request your highschool transcript. It contains your ACT scores, class size, rank.

Are you a Texas resident? The application asks if you were born in tx, if you graduated from HS in tx, if you've lived in tx for the last yr, and if you've been gainfully employed in tx for the last yr.

Good luck. With your stats Baylor is prob your only option so make sure you apply to some out-if-state private schools and submit your app in June.

Just recieved an email from baylor on setting up an email account through them. I know it's just setting up my email account but it's the BEST account I've ever set up before!!!!!

OMG did you just hear from Baylor?!?!!? I didn't see the "Baylor C/o 2015" in your previous posts... Congrats!!!!!
ISN'T THE "FOOD" AMAZING?!?!?!?! Hahahaha.

FINALLY I now have figured out who you are!
HAHAHA, you didn't know all this time? I figured you and MW out when yall called each other out once!

I was accepted by Baylor a long tim ago. They sent me an email to get my account up and running for FA and Things they need.

You'll have to request your highschool transcript. It contains your ACT scores, class size, rank.

Are you a Texas resident? The application asks if you were born in tx, if you graduated from HS in tx, if you've lived in tx for the last yr, and if you've been gainfully employed in tx for the last yr.

Good luck. With your stats Baylor is prob your only option so make sure you apply to some out-if-state private schools and submit your app in June.

Okie dokie, thanks! Do I request the high school transcript to be sent directly to TMDSAS? Or am I requesting it for only my possession?

Yea, I'm a Texas resident. I'll be applying to all three schools. What did you mean by Baylor may be my only option (are they the easiest to get into out of the three schools????) My BCP is so low... I don't think out-of-state schools will consider me. Taking my DAT end of May... hopefully I'll still be early for TMDSAS.

Okie dokie, thanks! Do I request the high school transcript to be sent directly to TMDSAS? Or am I requesting it for only my possession?

Yea, I'm a Texas resident. I'll be applying to all three schools. What did you mean by Baylor may be my only option (are they the easiest to get into out of the three schools????) My BCP is so low... I don't think out-of-state schools will consider me. Taking my DAT end of May... hopefully I'll still be early for TMDSAS.

Your own possession so you know your rank and number of people in your class. You don't submit your high school transcript to TMDSAS.

Baylor looks at alot of other things besides GPA and DAT scores. They scrutinize your upper level sciences, community service, and things like that. It's less of a numbers game with them. San Antonio tends to like high GPA/high DAT and Houston seems to really like people from Houston or the surrounding area from what I've noticed.

You might have a low BCP but you never know what might happen. It's better to apply to some out of state schools as well as Texas ones because you're really gambling if you put all your eggs in one basket. You don't want to waste a year if you can't get in a texas school.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you better ace the DAT with a 20+ in every section. You're asian which already puts you at a disadvantage and you have a lower end GPA. So I'm hoping you have upward GPA trend, alot of upper level sciences, and tons of dental experience/community service. Otherwise, honestly, I don't think you have a great chance.

Your own possession so you know your rank and number of people in your class. You don't submit your high school transcript to TMDSAS.

Baylor looks at alot of other things besides GPA and DAT scores. They scrutinize your upper level sciences, community service, and things like that. It's less of a numbers game with them. San Antonio tends to like high GPA/high DAT and Houston seems to really like people from Houston or the surrounding area from what I've noticed.

You might have a low BCP but you never know what might happen. It's better to apply to some out of state schools as well as Texas ones because you're really gambling if you put all your eggs in one basket. You don't want to waste a year if you can't get in a texas school.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you better ace the DAT with a 20+ in every section. You're asian which already puts you at a disadvantage and you have a lower end GPA. So I'm hoping you have upward GPA trend, alot of upper level sciences, and tons of dental experience/community service. Otherwise, honestly, I don't think you have a great chance.

It's okay, I like and appreciate constructive criticism :) I plan to work my butt off and achieve that 20+ DAT. I have a lot of upper sciences, but I received mostly C in them... I know I really screwed up bad. Plan to take more after I graduate at my university... and get good grades in them. I have 500+ hours of dental assisting and observation. 200+ of community service. Work full-time, and that's when my GPA started going downhill.

What are chances...I'm a bio major at utd, sgpa 2.7 cgpa 2.9. I have 500+ hours shadowing ortho,general and pedo. I've worked the last two years as a dental assistant full time. I'm Hispanic and I'm active in my community. I'm planning to take my dat in June. Tell me what u think?

What are chances...I'm a bio major at utd, sgpa 2.7 cgpa 2.9. I have 500+ hours shadowing ortho,general and pedo. I've worked the last two years as a dental assistant full time. I'm Hispanic and I'm active in my community. I'm planning to take my dat in June. Tell me what u think?

Try to get those GPA's over a 3.0 with upper level science classes. If you do well on the DAT like a 20+, then you have a REALLY good chance since you're hispanic and every dental school in Texas loves hispanics ;)

Try to get those GPA's over a 3.0 with upper level science classes. If you do well on the DAT like a 20+, then you have a REALLY good chance since you're hispanic and every dental school in Texas loves hispanics ;)

:laugh:
but true