****tmdsas 2011****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an acceptance to Baylor this morning. Best wake up call ever...
To those still waiting, there is still hope!

awesome, congrats!

Members don't see this ad.

I just received letter from BCD asking if i would like to be placed on Alternate List. Did anyone else receive it too???

I just received letter from BCD asking if i would like to be placed on Alternate List. Did anyone else receive it too???
Yeah I got one too. They're probably giving it to everyone that wasn't flat out rejected since seats are all filled. Oh well, its been a fun ride guys :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard anything about san antonio and if there's going to be another round of acceptances?

Is the class full or there is still hope for those who are still waiting???

Haha, I just got rejected from SA (no interview invite). Too bad for them, I'm off to a better place. Oh, and no word from Baylor either (had interview far before Dec). And although I couldn't care less about my rejections from 2/3 tx schools, I'm curious as to what could've caused this. Does not living in tx for the past 2.5 years make a difference? I'm still considered a resident according to TMDSAS... Or perhaps it's having only 2 years of undergrad on my app?

Update: For those of you who may be reading this, Baylor said no decision has been made for me mainly due to the fact that I only have two years of undergrad on my application (despite being a senior, and graduating in 3 years), and I did not do the academic update thing on TMDSAS. I suppose fast tracking college is considered non-traditional by Baylor's standards?

Last edited:
haha - I just got rejected from SA (no interview invite). Too bad for them, I'm off to a better place. Oh, and no word from Baylor either (had interview far before Dec). And although I couldn't care less about my rejections from 2/3 tx schools, I'm curious as to what could've caused this. Does not living in tx for the past 2.5 years make a difference? I'm still considered a resident according to TMDSAS... Or perhaps it's having only 2 years of undergrad on my app?

Just got rejected from SA, made me laugh.

I havent lived in tx for last 4 yrs (going to school OOS), I had to pay the OOS application fee, but they later found that I was considered in-state.

I have also been waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people are on the list? My letter was sent out on the 22nd. From what I understood from Janet, is the class seems full b/c there are some D1 folk now that will be on the 5 yr program so they take up D1 spots, so the head count now is up to 101-103. They only like to fill up 106 seats, so that means about 3 more spots to fill which they usually wait till after spring grades come out to see if there are any repeaters. = ( Yeah, I kinda gave up on Baylor a long time ago. :(

I have also been waitlisted. Does anyone know how many people are on the list? My letter was sent out on the 22nd. From what I understood from Janet, is the class seems full b/c there are some D1 folk now that will be on the 5 yr program so they take up D1 spots, so the head count now is up to 101-103. They only like to fill up 106 seats, so that means about 3 more spots to fill which they usually wait till after spring grades come out to see if there are any repeaters. = ( Yeah, I kinda gave up on Baylor a long time ago. :(

Did you get a letter stating that you are wait listed?

Which Post Bacc program did you do? (If you don't mind telling)

Did you get a letter stating that you are wait listed?

Yes, I received the letter on the 24th and accepted to be placed on the waitlist. And I didn't do a post-bacc program, rather went and got a master's degree in clinical research management. I figured if I could never get into dental school I could always land on that as a plan B.

I emailed both Dr. Pierpont and Dr. Segura directly and they both stated they are still taking acceptances for rolling admissions

Is there anyone who was interviewed at Baylor and didn't receive the letter??
Or did everyone receive it?

Members don't see this ad :)
I emailed both Dr. Pierpont and Dr. Segura directly and they both stated they are still taking acceptances for rolling admissions

Hey cougarpride, would you like to trade w/ me your baylor acceptance for my houston one? lol

Hey Bio Dental Mom!! I'd love to trade my Baylor acceptance with you Houston one haha!! If only huh!! I'm hoping to hear something back from Houston before I have to move to Dallas :)!!

Hey cougarpride, would you like to trade w/ me your baylor acceptance for my houston one? lol

Hey Bio Dental Mom!! I'd love to trade my Baylor acceptance with you Houston one haha!! If only huh!! I'm hoping to hear something back from Houston before I have to move to Dallas :)!!

Its crazy how so many ppl choose Houston over Baylor... why is this so? Doesn't Baylor supposedly prepare you better clinically and have a more intense lab schedule? And it's tougher... I mean the cutoff for an A is a 94 and a B 84, etc.. The material is presented w/ the same rigor as the other two schools. Would you all like to elaborate? I mean I'm extremely happy w/ my Houston acceptance.. if anything it made me more disappointed that I could not get in to Baylor. :(

Baylor is definitely an AMAZING school and I feel privileged to have gotten an acceptance there!! However, my hubby and I presently live in Houston and he has a great job here so Houston would just be easier on us!! Other than that all of the Texas schools are great!! I still wish we could trade acceptances tho :D

Its crazy how so many ppl choose Houston over Baylor... why is this so? Doesn't Baylor supposedly prepare you better clinically and have a more intense lab schedule? And it's tougher... I mean the cutoff for an A is a 94 and a B 84, etc.. The material is presented w/ the same rigor as the other two schools. Would you all like to elaborate? I mean I'm extremely happy w/ my Houston acceptance.. if anything it made me more disappointed that I could not get in to Baylor. :(

A friend of mine said that the list is 25 names long....another one speculated that almost half generally get a spot due to gaining acceptances to more desired schools, change of heart, or personal reasons....im hoping that's partly true....i was fortunate enough to get an acceptance from Oklahoma after being rejected by them back in december, but a baylor offer would really make me a happy man....it's a miracle i got in somewhere though...i have pretty bad stats...lol

A friend of mine said that the list is 25 names long....another one speculated that almost half generally get a spot due to gaining acceptances to more desired schools, change of heart, or personal reasons....im hoping that's partly true....i was fortunate enough to get an acceptance from Oklahoma after being rejected by them back in december, but a baylor offer would really make me a happy man....it's a miracle i got in somewhere though...i have pretty bad stats...lol

Would you mind sharing your stats???

Would you mind sharing your stats???

That's personal! Haha, of course I don't mind....I can't take them with me to school...lol

I finished undergrad with a B.S. in Human Biology sitting at a 2.7 and DAT of 18/19/18(AA/TS/PAT). I knew that wasn't going to cut it, so I called Baylor and asked for some advice....they said that taking classes at a local CC would do me no good, because of my weak GPA, so I had to take them at a university.

My first year was at UTA, took 7hrs the first semester and and 11 the second. Got 4 A's and 1 B, and then took the DAT in the summer. Got pretty lucky with my score...I thought I had bombed it. AA 21, PAT 21, TS 21, BIO 24, CHEM 23, OCHEM 19, RC 17 (piano'd.... =/ ), QR 21
Applied to a bunch of schools, but I got screwed with rec letters, so I ended up applying to in state schools, wasting all the money I spent on sending OOS transcripts, DAT scores, etc....

Dr. Miller told me about the UTD Post bac and recommended it, so I did just that....wasn't what I expected, but that's besides the point....took 12 and 13 hours. After 44 hours of post bac work, I had a 3.0 overall GPA and 3.89 Post-bac.

Submitted TMDSAS in late June I think, AADSAS a month later....only got an interview offer from Baylor for early Sept., and then for Oklahoma mid October. OU's system benefited was ideal for a candidate like me, because their decision is based half on academics and half on the interview. Here's the point system breakdown:
11 points max
5 pts max for DAT, (21 gets you a 5, right on the money! lol)
1 pt max for your last 60 hrs
2 pts max for either cumulative science or overall GPA
3 pts max for the other GPA just mentioned

So even with my 3.0, I still managed to get a 9.4/11 or something like that. I recommend anyone with similar stats to go ahead and apply to OU. I got rejected on Dec 1st, but somehow a lot of their OOS applicants backed out and dug into their rejection pile. Now I'm desperately waiting on ppl doing the same at Baylor....I want to stay here so bad!!!

That's personal! Haha, of course I don't mind....I can't take them with me to school...lol

I finished undergrad with a B.S. in Human Biology sitting at a 2.7 and DAT of 18/19/18(AA/TS/PAT). I knew that wasn't going to cut it, so I called Baylor and asked for some advice....they said that taking classes at a local CC would do me no good, because of my weak GPA, so I had to take them at a university.

My first year was at UTA, took 7hrs the first semester and and 11 the second. Got 4 A's and 1 B, and then took the DAT in the summer. Got pretty lucky with my score...I thought I had bombed it. AA 21, PAT 21, TS 21, BIO 24, CHEM 23, OCHEM 19, RC 17 (piano'd.... =/ ), QR 21
Applied to a bunch of schools, but I got screwed with rec letters, so I ended up applying to in state schools, wasting all the money I spent on sending OOS transcripts, DAT scores, etc....

Dr. Miller told me about the UTD Post bac and recommended it, so I did just that....wasn't what I expected, but that's besides the point....took 12 and 13 hours. After 44 hours of post bac work, I had a 3.0 overall GPA and 3.89 Post-bac.

Submitted TMDSAS in late June I think, AADSAS a month later....only got an interview offer from Baylor for early Sept., and then for Oklahoma mid October. OU's system benefited was ideal for a candidate like me, because their decision is based half on academics and half on the interview. Here's the point system breakdown:
11 points max

So even with my 3.0, I still managed to get a 9.4/11 or something like that. I recommend anyone with similar stats to go ahead and apply to OU. I got rejected on Dec 1st, but somehow a lot of their OOS applicants backed out and dug into their rejection pile. Now I'm desperately waiting on ppl doing the same at Baylor....I want to stay here so bad!!!

Thanks a lot!!!

11 points max

Wow, what a story. Hardcore.

Besides choosing Houston because they're from Houston I would say that Houston(Dr. Pierpont) does a better job of selling their school at the interview than Baylor does. The new facility is going to be incredible and they DO make you feel like you're really part of the Houston family AT the interview. The students seemed more laid back and that appeals to quite a few people. The only students you interact with at the Baylor interview are D4s and at my interview they seemed to be tired/bitter/stressed from doing all the lab work. Apart from location, all you have to go off of is the vibe you got at the interview...

I DO think Baylor has a slightly more rigorous overall curriculum and is slightly stronger clinically but that's just my opinion.

11 points max

i know you! :p I'm happy for you buddy :D

No J!! You can't be happy til we're classmates! hahaha

Finally, finally, finally!!!! I received a phone call from Janet today! Its official yall!!! I'm extremely excited - words can't explain how I feel right now. I wish everyone luck for those who are still waiting. Keep the faith and it will happen. :xf:

Finally, finally, finally!!!! I received a phone call from Janet today! Its official yall!!! I'm extremely excited - words can't explain how I feel right now. I wish everyone luck for those who are still waiting. Keep the faith and it will happen. :xf:

Whoo hooO!!! Congratulations!

Congrats... I hope i hear from baylor too....

that must be the best feeling in the world. congrats! :)

Congratulations Bio Dental Mom!! Where did you decide to attend?? Does that mean there will be an open seat at UTDB Haha!! I got my packet from Baylor today with a HUGE to-do-list and im hoping that UTDB will pass an offer over this way :D

congrats! join the facebook group!

Second year to apply and only one interview but I got an acceptance! I am beyond thrilled! Congrats to everyone else and don't give up if you haven't received an acceptance yet.

Congrats tx3!! When did you get your acceptance offer? :)

Second year to apply and only one interview but I got an acceptance! I am beyond thrilled! Congrats to everyone else and don't give up if you haven't received an acceptance yet.

Congrats on your acceptance tx3!! Does anyone know if UTDB sent out another round of acceptances this wk?? Or does anyone know how many seats are left at UTDB?? Any info would be great!!:D

Congrats on your acceptance tx3!! Does anyone know if UTDB sent out another round of acceptances this wk?? Or does anyone know how many seats are left at UTDB?? Any info would be great!!:D

It's probably rolling admissions time now...no more "rounds" of acceptances, but instead individual ones until the class is filled out. Had a friend who received an acceptance sometime last week so yeah I'm sure they are definitely still accepting people and then there are those that are probably gonna trade in their UTDB spots for either Baylor and UTHSCSA. Depending on that factor, the last accepted spot could be sometime in May or even later.

Hey Yall!! I wanted to know if anyone has heard anything from UTDB recently?? Does anyone know or have an idea how many seats are left at UTDB?? And also does anyone know the response deadline/date that they gave to everyone who received acceptances on March 10th? Sorry for all the questions, its just been kind of quiet lately!! Thanks in advance!!

I was accepted Dec 1. by Baylor. I was then interviewed by UTDB February and haven't heard anything since. I'm in the dark too Aggiedentalgal so don't feel alone.

Ya its totally stressful waiting to hear news from UTDB but you're right we're not alone in this waiting game!! Im sure theres more of us out there haha!! For some reason UTDB's process is just so much slower then the other Texas Schools.... Has anyone heard anything lately about how many seats are left or if their going to create a wait list??

I was accepted Dec 1. by Baylor. I was then interviewed by UTDB February and haven't heard anything since. I'm in the dark too Aggiedentalgal so don't feel alone.

How do you keep them updated? Do you just send an email to Dr. P or to the person who interview you?

I also received an acceptance to UTDB! Congratulations to those who have heard and don't lose the faith people! Keep your applications strong and keep updating them and email them your updates (i.e. research, community service..) It truly does make all the difference!

How do you keep them updated? Do you just send an email to Dr. P or to the person who interview you?

Ya me too, I already turned in some forms! Have you started collecting your teeth yet??

LOL everyday I'm praying you both get into houston so you can open up a spot at Baylor for all us waitlisted kids :D

HURRY UP HOUSTON!! GRRRRRRR

LOL everyday I'm praying you both get into houston so you can open up a spot at Baylor for all us waitlisted kids :D

HURRY UP HOUSTON!! GRRRRRRR

Haha, keep praying but it looks like I will be going to Baylor. Don't get me wrong I love you Baylor!! I just have family in Houston and Galveston/the beach is only 30 min away!