Timeframe from application to acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medstudent1215

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a friend who applied to a Caribbean medical school outside of "the big 4." He had told me that from the day he submitted his application to the day he got his acceptance was about 1 week.

I am curious as to if anyone has some current insight into the timeframe to expect from submitting an application to being accepted, and in addition, how long you have to formally commit to the school?

Caribbean school is a back up route for me if I ultimately do not get into MD or DO school in the states. I have submitted my application to DO school, but the process takes months before you are notified of accepted vs waitlisted. I don't want to apply to a Caribbean school right now, if in 2 weeks I am going to have an acceptance letter that expires in say, 3 months or something.

Members don't see this ad.

Usually once you submit your transcripts and everything, you should expect an interview invite within a week or two, and acceptance within a week or two of your interview.

do you know how long you have to give them your acceptance response? IF there even is a time frame.

do you know how long you have to give them your acceptance response? IF there even is a time frame.

For SGU: It took me about 2 weeks to get an interview, and about 4 weeks after that to get my acceptance offer. They are on rolling admissions and accept people into the class until it is filled, up until essentially the day classes start. As of 2016, you could defer your acceptance up to one cycle, meaning if you got acceptance into the January class, you could opt to defer to start in the August class. I have no idea if this information is current and accurate. If you are basing your future contingency plans off of information on these message boards, you should reconsider. Get your information directly from the source. This is information that the admissions counselors should be able to provide for you.

Reactions: 1 user