DISMISSED from Caribbean Med School-2nd acceptance re-activation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melab

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello: Pending Dean appeal, even though the letter states final decision.
Short story: I was academically DISMISSED from a Caribbean medical school, but have the chance to re-activated app fr a 2nd Caribbean that I was accepted to when process started. I was getting email to re-activate my acceptance while enrolled at the other. Against all advise I rather go to a Caribbean school for specific reasons. My question: I was accepted to another program at same time as other one I was dismissed from. If I choose to re-activate my application..does anyone think that school will know about my dismissal? What info to disclosed, or will they ask for additional info. Besides my application already on file etc. I have a small FAFSA loan. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not only will they find out; you are likely ineligible for future FAFSA loans given the unsatisfactory academic progress you have on file.

It sucks getting dismissed; I know of people that get dropped every semester but you have zero reasons to think that it'd be any different at another Caribbean school. We took the gamble of going to these schools and some of us lose at the end of the day.

Reactions: 2 users
Not only will they find out; you are likely ineligible for future FAFSA loans given the unsatisfactory academic progress you have on file.

It sucks getting dismissed; I know of people that get dropped every semester but you have zero reasons to think that it'd be any different at another Caribbean school. We took the gamble of going to these schools and some of us lose at the end of the day.
Thanks Gambino, factual and a decision gotta live with. However, not much thread on this. How are dismissed medical students paying for education at another program if FAFSA get dropped? A rich uncle-lol

Members don't see this ad :)
How are dismissed medical students paying for education at another program if FAFSA get dropped? A rich uncle-lol
Private loans or like you said, a rich uncle.

Hello: Pending Dean appeal, even though the letter states final decision.
Short story: I was academically DISMISSED from a Caribbean medical school, but have the chance to re-activated app fr a 2nd Caribbean that I was accepted to when process started. I was getting email to re-activate my acceptance while enrolled at the other. Against all advise I rather go to a Caribbean school for specific reasons. My question: I was accepted to another program at same time as other one I was dismissed from. If I choose to re-activate my application..does anyone think that school will know about my dismissal? What info to disclosed, or will they ask for additional info. Besides my application already on file etc. I have a small FAFSA loan. Thanks

Even IF you get funded, and IF you pass your classes at the new school, and IF you do well on USMLE, and IF... your chance at a residency are still way low.

May want to seriously think about cutting your losses given you likely have low debt right now

Reactions: 1 user
if you dont mind me asking, what school were you dismissed from?
One of the Caribbean deemed the BIG 4. Interesting user name depressedloser. I hope its not so...

Last edited:
One of the Caribbean deemed the BIG 4. Interesting user name depressedloser. I hope its not so...

I'm guessing the new school is not a Big 4 school. Combine a failure and dismissal from one Caribbean program with a second program that you might finish, you have a bunch of red flags ahead of you in an attempt to get a residency spot. Is it possible to accomplish? Well, I guess it's possible. It's not very likely, though.