Conditional Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

J_thiyag00

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve recently been conditionally accepted to Ross, St. George and AUA pending sending my official transcript from my current classes. These classes were just electives I took at my local community college that don’t go towards my bachelors or are pre requisite classes needed. However I became ill with COVID 19 and failed two classes. Do you think this will impact my acceptance?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like a great question to ask the actual people accepting you instead of strangers on SDN that most certainly don't work in Carib admissions...
The best answer you'll get on here is hmm i dunno, probably, or probably not. Go email the schools.

Reactions: 3 users
Really hard to say. Given the situation it is possible that they make an exception.

Do you know why they made your acceptance conditional in the first place and can you elaborate on what it entails? Some of my classmates had to do an extra semester before term 1 and obtain a minimum gpa to continue to the first term. That's the closest thing I've ever seen to a conditional acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like a great question to ask the actual people accepting you instead of strangers on SDN that most certainly don't work in Carib admissions...
The best answer you'll get on here is hmm i dunno, probably, or probably not. Go email the schools.
Great response! Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user
It should not, atleast not at all three. I had a similar situation, and it did not affect my admission to two Caribbean schools. They are trying to find reasons to admit you, not keep you from going there. These are for profit schools, they want 1st semester enrollment to be as high as possible. They would just lose money by not allowing you to attend. The conditional acceptance was probably just because they cannot process your acceptance until they have your complete academic records. Any student in a similar situation would have been given conditional acceptance, regardless of the rest of their application.

Last edited: