Time to migrate to allo and leave pre-allo :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Would hunting nursing students suddenly be okay if it wasn't for sport and we used their flesh responsibly? You sicken me, sir.

;)

We're just doing our part to address dat organ shortage doe

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-allo is a cesspit of toxicity, judgment, trolling, and ignorance. The whole subforum is an embarrassment to the medical profession and gives doctors a bad name.

Every single time I have gone into pre-Allo, I've seen countless posts made by people who make me think "I hope to God this person never becomes a physician."

When a premed asks, without a hint of irony, if "you can ever trust a primary care doc because they probably were too stupid for ortho" I want to gouge my f*cking eyes out. ditto for "you can't trust docs from UC Irvine because it used to be a DO school," and "why can't we just refuse treatment to anyone who's ever used recreational drugs?" I swear to god one of these days I'm gonna see a thread on there about hunting nursing students for sport.

Allopathic isn't perfect but it is an enormous step-up. Welcome, it's better here.

Hahahahaha. I can't tell if you are actually serious in this post. How quickly people forget where they came from. You're what? M4 at the most so, 3-4 years removed from preallo and you have seen "countless posts made by people who make me think "I hope to God this person never becomes a physician." You lot on allo are a hilarious bunch.

We give doctors a bad name before we have even started medical school? At least we started the gunning early, and the hunting nurses thing is more your territory here on allo.

Many people come to preallo with misconceptions about the field, and a million stupid questions, some of which they are genuinely curious about, and instead of using your infinite wisdom to impart the knowledge someone else on this forum passed on to you only like 4 years ago, you think we give doctors a bad name and hope to God the person never becomes a physician. Oh, bugger off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hahahahaha. I can't tell if you are actually serious in this post. How quickly people forget where they came from. You're what? M4 at the most so, 3-4 years removed from preallo and you have seen "countless posts made by people who make me think "I hope to God this person never becomes a physician." You lot on allo are a hilarious bunch.

We are gonna give doctors a bad name before we have even started medical school? At least we started the gunning early, and the hunting nurses thing is more your territory here on allo.

Many people come to preallo with misconceptions about the field, and a million stupid questions, some of which they are genuinely curious about, and instead of using your infinite wisdom to impart the knowledge someone else on this forum passed on to you only like 4 years ago, you think we give doctors a bad name and hope to God the person never becomes a physician. Oh, bugger off.

Don't worry. His opinion is irrelevant. If you look at his post history, you'll see that he is a DO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

/s

Last edited:
I was joking lol

I have no bias towards DOs or MDs
you gotta throw a /s on comments like that haha sarcasm does not translate well on the internet

Reactions: 2 users
Don't worry. His opinion is irrelevant. If you look at his post history, you'll see that he is a DO :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

/s
It is just insane how much they feel the need to exert their dominance. On the bright side, I'm thinking med school can't be that hard if there is literally enough time to come on sdn to mark your territory and remind us how stupid we are.

Serious? Way to prove him right.
He was obviously joking. Literally in the same tune as that poster.

It is just insane how much they feel the need to exert their dominance.

From what I've heard, the same thing continues throughout our education in medicine sadly.

Residents --> Med students, Attendings --> Residents, Bureaucracy --> Attendings

Pre-allo is a cesspit of toxicity, judgment, trolling, and ignorance. The whole subforum is an embarrassment to the medical profession and gives doctors a bad name.

Every single time I have gone into pre-Allo, I've seen countless posts made by people who make me think "I hope to God this person never becomes a physician."

When a premed asks, without a hint of irony, if "you can ever trust a primary care doc because they probably were too stupid for ortho" I want to gouge my f*cking eyes out. ditto for "you can't trust docs from UC Irvine because it used to be a DO school," and "why can't we just refuse treatment to anyone who's ever used recreational drugs?" I swear to god one of these days I'm gonna see a thread on there about hunting nursing students for sport.

Allopathic isn't perfect but it is an enormous step-up. Welcome, it's better here.
I've been on here 8 years and i have never seen this much pre-med leak into Allo (this early!) ....

Pre-allo is indeed a cesspool

This thread too is an eyesore; this forum is not a chat room and OP's posting style is simply not compatible with Allo. Looking forward to joining with the rest of SDN's dear cast for the inevitable smackdown that will be taking place in the fall if this continues:slap:

............and this is coming from the most positive person on here:whistle:

Jokes aside, posts like these are precisely the reason why the former Allopathic forums were so suffocatingly toxic. The hostility and criticism towards the incoming medical school class (and the premedical forums they arrived from and you were part of not too long ago) aren't necessary nor appreciated.

Instead, some posts on what to do before MS1 starts and how to transition into medical school would be very helpful.

Reactions: 7 users
It is just insane how much they feel the need to exert their dominance. On the bright side, I'm thinking med school can't be that hard if there is literally enough time to come on sdn to mark your territory and remind us how stupid we are.

He was obviously joking. Literally in the same tune as that poster.
First of all, he edited in the "/s". Sooooo....

And really, as a fellow 2021er, I'd advise you to let some of this roll off your back as it's "obviously" some sort of useless venting/ranting that some of our more jaded peers are doing. They're probably not going to read a single one of your very long replies. Just saying.... It's a happy time, let's stick to that.

It's interesting because I've been on SDN quite a few years so experienced the pre-med life as a freshman all the way to now, gap year, and pre-allo has always been a very social place with people genuinely making connections with others on here. Yes we all know about the less informed people that ask stupid questions, but pre-allo in general has always sought camaraderie amongst peers, ex. Social threads, (and I don't know if you youngins remember our chat room threads (funnn).

Yet, year after year, the med school ranks shrink, leaving behind just the stuffy, bitter ones. The type that says "You haven't a clue, you're a premed." After one year of school, sometimes even a semester.

Perhaps ℅ 2021 can change this pattern and bring some good vibes into the Allo forums.

Make Allo Great Again!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's interesting because I've been on SDN quite a few years so experienced the pre-med life as a freshman all the way to now, gap year, and pre-allo has always been a very social place with people genuinely making connections with others on here. Yes we all know about the less informed people that ask stupid questions, but pre-allo in general has always sought camaraderie amongst peers, ex. Social threads, (and I don't know if you youngins remember our chat room threads (funnn).

Yet, year after year, the med school ranks shrink, leaving behind just the stuffy, bitter ones. The type that says "You haven't a clue, you're a premed." After one year of school, sometimes even a semester.

Perhaps ℅ 2021 can change this pattern and bring some good vibes into the Allo forums.

Make Allo Great Again!!

59602847.jpg

Theres a big difference between criticizing normal pre-med behavior and criticizing stiflingly toxic behavior.

There's a big difference between being an uninformed newbie and willfully being an irredeemable s**thead.

I don't even consider the NP debate particularly toxic. It might seem out of proportion, but it is based on valid fears that affect the whole profession.

What I consider toxic is:

1) pre-allo's habit of taking prestige-mongering to its logical conclusion.

2) a severe, pathologic lack of empathy for patients, other pre-meds, and in general, people who are not exactly like them.

Reactions: 1 users
Theres a big difference between criticizing normal pre-med behavior and criticizing stiflingly toxic behavior.

There's a big difference between being an uninformed newbie and willfully being an irredeemable s**thead.

I don't even consider the NP debate particularly toxic. It might seem out of proportion, but it is based on valid fears that affect the whole profession.

2) a severe, pathologic lack of empathy for patients, other pre-meds, and in general, people who are not exactly like them.
092030fd4d692f8a39dbc6739d4af3dd96070a50c5d94de8c84a39d848673cca.jpg

Harvard or bust! Lol ;)

I agree! Also, I laughed my arse off when I saw your "board certified in Jewish dermatology" thing :laugh:

1) Read the past allo threads and you will see a ton of this. Remember that small chunk of pre-meds do become med students.

2) Oh boy, you see this all over SDN. I can't think of a forum that doesn't have it in some way or form.

We give doctors a bad name before we have even started medical school? At least we started the gunning early, and the hunting nurses thing is more your territory here on allo.

it makes no sense to minimize those 3-4 measly years. (The very same 3-4 years that every hopeful in pre-allo has been salivating for, praying f0r, obsessing over.) This relatively short period of time we call medical school is a veritable weatherstorm of personal and professional change and growth. It's a trying time for many, and the vast majority of laypeople will never understand what medical education entails. But go ahead, feel disgusted by the very brave people forging the path just ahead of you. You will be in their(our) shoes soon enough :) The first thing will be to thicken your skin.

It's not that Allo posters "forget where they came from". It's that pre-allo posters cannot imagine what they have yet to go through. They can't be faulted for that obviously, but they can be faulted for the myopic claim that the perspective they lack doesn't really matter.

Reactions: 2 users

Make Allo Great Again!!

Sorry but you premeds are really annoying. Same annoying threads year after year about the same things. "HAY GUYS IM A SPECIAL FLOWER SHOULD I PRESTUDY FOR MED SCHOOL EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SAYS NO" "GUYS PRESTUDY FOR STEP 1???" You'll see in a few years when you grow up.

Don't even get me started on the premeds who don't understand how salary or tax brackets work.

Last edited:
Sorry but you premeds are really annoying. Same annoying threads year after year about the same things. "HAY GUYS IM A SPECIAL FLOWER SHOULD I PRESTUDY FOR MED SCHOOL EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SAYS NO" "GUYS PRESTUDY FOR STEP 1???" You'll see in a few years when you grow up.

Don't even get me started on the premeds who don't understand how salary or tax brackets work.

Well..... Nothing you just said has anything to do with my post. Plus, I'm pretty sure I've been doing my taxes, financial planning, and "grown up stuff" for years before you even knew what being independent meant. But okayyyyy.

Reactions: 6 users

So....uh....

how do salary and tax brackets work?

Reactions: 6 users

"I could totally pay off $300,000 in <5 years!"

You mean like this^^?

it makes no sense to minimize those 3-4 measly years. (The very same 3-4 years that every hopeful in pre-allo has been salivating for, praying f0r, obsessing over.) This relatively short period of time we call medical school is a veritable weatherstorm of personal and professional change and growth. It's a trying time for many, and the vast majority of laypeople will never understand what medical education entails. But go ahead, feel disgusted by the very brave people forging the path just ahead of you. You will be in their(our) shoes soon enough :) The first thing will be to thicken your skin.

It's not that Allo posters "forget where they came from". It's that pre-allo posters cannot imagine what they have yet to go through. They can't be faulted for that obviously, but they can be faulted for the myopic claim that the perspective they lack doesn't really matter.

This medical school process is difficult enough without you guys making it worse. We are not here at your pleasure, you don't get to "thicken our skin" at your will. We understand we are the the very bottom of this ladder, we get that, but you guys act like you weren't just here. You guys are the standard, literally should be role models, but instead you pick on us, even without merit. Yes, we ask stupid questions from time to time; but this was not one on of those times, and you still attacked. Respect is a mutual thing; see how you didn't like me minimizing how long you have spent in med school, yeah well we don't like you insulting us either.

You know what would help? Less snarky comments, and a beautifully written post by you that is so great it has to be stickied on how salary or tax brackets work as a guide for said premeds ;)

This medical school process is difficult enough without you guys making it worse. We are not here at your pleasure, you don't get to "thicken our skin" at your will. We understand we are the the very bottom of this ladder, we get that, but you guys act like you weren't just here. You guys are the standard, literally should be role models, but instead you pick on us, even without merit. Yes, we ask stupid questions from time to time; but this was not one on of those times, and you still attacked. Respect is a mutual thing; see how you didn't like me minimizing how long you have spent in med school, yeah well we don't like you insulting us either.
We could all pleasure each other though... wait... that sounds wrong...

We could all pleasure each other though... wait... that sounds wrong...
Hahahahahah I think I love you.

You are like a sibling I'm trying to get out of trouble for having cookies before dinner but you keep coming out with more and more crumbs on your face hahahahaha

You are like a sibling I'm trying to get out of trouble for having cookies before dinner but you keep coming out with more and more crumbs on your face hahahahaha

@Healer@1994

You just got siblingzoned

Reactions: 8 users

giphy.gif

hehe love you too

Last edited:
Whatever time I don't spend on here I spend on reddit (I have no life). I made it to the front page of r/all one time and it's my biggest accomplishment to date.

I hope you put that on your AMCAS.