Time to migrate to allo and leave pre-allo :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So many great people over at pre-allo. Such good comedy. So many memories...

Feels like I'm joining a new family.

I hope you all will welcome me with open arms.

So emotional...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 28 users
LOLLLL. Same, plz be nice to moi:angelic:

Reactions: 2 users
We're a bit tough here, don't take it personally. It's all designed to craft the most pristine version of you. Welcome. If you hang around you'll learn a lot of good stuff.

Reactions: 17 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We're a bit tough here, don't take it personally. It's all designed to craft the most pristine version of you. Welcome. If you hang around you'll learn a lot of good stuff.
But what if I take everything that everyone says to me extremely personally and am easily offended and triggered?

(kidding, thanks for the welcome!)

Reactions: 5 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users
My recommendation to fitting into Allo to all the incoming MS1's: Read more than you post. Use the search function. Don't post second hand information ("well the MS3's at my school told me that the rotation is like this..."). So post what you know and have experience with. As of right now, you know nothing John Snow. ;)

Reactions: 23 users

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Same here I really just want to take a nice 5 month nap until orientation
I know its hard to not get antsy but cherish the last bit of freedom while you can.... don't wish it away. Cause once its over, boy is it over lol

Reactions: 7 users
I know its hard to not get antsy but cherish the last bit of freedom while you can.... don't wish it away. Cause once its over, boy is it over lol
That's true I'll probably be regretting that come August haha. Definitely gonna make the most of this last summer before school starts.

Members don't see this ad :)
I-Remember-When-I-Had-My-First-Beer-580x227.jpg

Reactions: 16 users
WE HAVE ANTS IN OUR PANTS:banana:

Same here I really just want to take a nice 5 month nap until orientation

That's true I'll probably be regretting that come August haha. Definitely gonna make the most of this last summer before school starts.

My problem is that I've been partying and having fun since my first acceptance back in October haha

Maybe I'm crazy but I could use a challenge in my life right about now

Reactions: 1 user
congrats you've graduated pre-school to elementary school. remember to pack your lunches and wear boxers so you dont get wedgies from the bullies.

Should I email my professors now and ask for letters of recommendation?
they dont recognize your existence unless you have an MD next to your name, or authored a revolutionary paper. maybe 4th year when they have clinical suspicion that you're not dumb, then they may notice you a little.

I dominate every exam, yet i get reminded on daily basis that im dumb, then i'd go home, eat my lunch, and cry in my shower.

Reactions: 3 users
disclaimer: i'm just joking. profs are very helpful and professional. most of them are MDs and have been in your shoes. therefore, they are proud of assisting future physicians and mold them into exceptional care providers.

also, you will always have SDN. there are tons of helpful resources and we're all bros/sistas, goro, lizzymacquire, tons of secret MDs who like to troll etc.

We are all here to help you become great again, assuming you were ever great to begin with. of course you are. :cool:

Reactions: 6 users
I'm going to remain on preallo till the very last minute. Allo is a very dark and dingy place, where you need to proceed with caution.

Reactions: 1 users
they dont recognize your existence unless you have an MD next to your name, or authored a revolutionary paper. maybe 4th year when they have clinical suspicion that you're not dumb, then they may notice you a little.

I dominate every exam, yet i get reminded on daily basis that im dumb, then i'd go home, eat my lunch, and cry in my shower.
Will getting a headstart on crying improve my chances for dermatology? LOL

disclaimer: i'm just joking. profs are very helpful and professional. most of them are MDs and have been in your shoes. therefore, they are proud of assisting future physicians and mold them into exceptional care providers.

also, you will always have SDN. there are tons of helpful resources and we're all bros/sistas, goro, lizzymacquire, tons of secret MDs who like to troll etc.

We are all here to help you become great again, assuming you were ever great to begin with. of course you are. :cool:
Good to know haha :)

I'm going to remain on preallo till the very last minute. Allo is a very dark and dingy place, where you need to proceed with caution.
"the 90yo premed was accepted to harvard school of medicine, after her 89th attempt... unfortunately medicine is fully automated by 2100"
Will getting a headstart on crying improve my chances for dermatology? LOL
those people carry sunscreen to class on a winter's day

The number of things stacked against me for derm keeps getting longer :unsure:
nah you just need to destroy the boards, which takes a lot of hard work and dedication. everyone is smart in medical school, but humility and work ethics outweigh everything.

competency and the ability to be a good clinician are important- just focus on yourself and don't compare yourself to other folks (humans have the tendency to be envious of others). be happy for them when they succeed b/c they earned it, and each day try to improve yourself little by little.

finally, always remember the end goal, there will be difficult times, but you will be strong enough to overcome it. most importantly, remember to seek help when needed, i.e. talk to a friend (colleague), a professor, therapist, etc. we're all humans and we have our weaknesses. that's one of the beautiful flaws of being a human. try to have a sense of humor :D life's too short.

sorry i dont autocorrect or doublecheck my post, saves me time. all the best.

Reactions: 4 users
I am happy to report that the humor is alive and well in allo. This makes me smile.

I am happy to report that the humor is alive and well in allo. This makes me smile.
dont overuse memes/gifs - it destroys your creativity and makes you lazy in general. by all means you can throw one out in a while, but if you use them excessively, people will begin to judge you secretly. i dont take my own advice because im shameless when it comes to memes/gifs

nah you just need to destroy the boards, which takes a lot of hard work and dedication. everyone is smart in medical school, but humility and work ethics outweigh everything.

sorry i dont autocorrect or doublecheck my post, saves me time. all the best.
Wow someone on allo actually offering decent advice and not pointing out how naive it is of premeds to want derm? I could get used to that.

Wow someone on allo actually offering decent advice and not pointing out how naive it is of premeds to want derm? I could get used to that.
please be respectful. they have a time machine so they know everything about the future.

Come and visit often. They need large, frequent doses of reality.

Now go read my post on guide to med student success.

And good luck!!

:thumbup::love::love::love::highfive::highfive::highfive::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana::claps::claps::claps::claps:
So many great people over at pre-allo. Such good comedy. So many memories...

Feels like I'm joining a new family.

I hope you all will welcome me with open arms.

So emotional...

dont overuse memes/gifs - it destroys your creativity and makes you lazy in general. by all means you can throw one out in a while, but if you use them excessively, people will begin to judge you secretly. i dont take my own advice because im shameless when it comes to memes/gifs
Meme is life tho... :(

Come and visit often. They need large, frequent doses of reality.

Now go read my post on guide to med student success.

And good luck!!

:thumbup::love::love::love::highfive::highfive::highfive::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::clap::clap::clap::banana::banana::banana::claps::claps::claps::claps:
Love the part in bold!!! Hahaha

And thanks! I'll be sure to do so.

Thank you for not asking whether you should pre-study. Welcome.

no memes??

what-in-tarnation-with-the-dehydration-and-spongebob-LiCRQ.jpg
ef7

Or you know... We could take this mother****er over

Reactions: 10 users
I like how this thread has some really great memes. C/o 2021 is gonna make Allo Great Again

Reactions: 11 users
I like how this thread has some really great memes. C/o 2021 is gonna make Allo Great Again
you guys are the future of medicine, until the class of 2022 jumps in and takes the baton.