Time sensitive, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skaterboi75

Reaction score
So i’m accepted to my instate DO (x) school but on the waitlist for another school ( y). I called the admissions office on Tuesday at y and they said I’m a “couple names down on the list” and someone dropped Monday. I directly told the admissions director at school Y that I would 100% prefer going there instead of my instate school (and I told them I’ve been in contact with nearby apartments of my situation in case I'm accepted), and that my instate school starts orientation next Monday; school y doesn’t start orientation until next Thursday. The admissions director then responded saying they would let the committee know of my interest. Y has had incredibly active WL movement the entire summer, so much so that they have had to restart interviewing candidates last month. I would really prefer to go to Y- what should I do? Should I start at my instate school or wait it out for school Y?

Members don't see this ad.

There's nothing you can do but wait, and yes, start school at your state school while waiting. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. There is no guarantee that school Y will actually accept you, so don't sabotage the acceptance you already have.

Reactions: 7 users