The Scores have arrived!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmMnM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I created an official thread to discuss the outcome of your PCAT scores!!!

:) :D :D :) ;) :D

Good luck everyone on seeing your scores that will arrive anytime this week!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

How do you do it? The OAT test(for optometry school) I took was computerized and I received my scores within seconds. However, my friend is pre-pharmacy and she is waiting for her scores too. I am totally feeling the anxiety for her. Good Luck everyone!

i bet they will come tomorrow

I bet ya 5 points on the verbal that mine does not come today. According to USPS, I live 4 days from San Antonio as far as ground service is concerned. That puts me getting it Thursday if they were sent out on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I should get mine quick since I live in Arkansas, but I guess it also depends on when they sent it out Monday. Hopefully at like 8am that way it had time to be processed.

I am really frustrated with this. I have taken a lot of standardized tests but this is by FAR the worst... ACT/LSAT/GRE

They need to hire some of those illegal immigrants that are in Texas to grade our tests faster. I will know at 12 today if they are coming... If they do, Ill post.

I bet ya 5 points on the verbal that mine does not come today. According to USPS, I live 4 days from San Antonio as far as ground service is concerned. That puts me getting it Thursday if they were sent out on Monday.

I see your 5 points and will raise you 10 on the verbal and 5 on the math that they come no later than today.

I see your 5 points and will raise you 10 on the verbal and 5 on the math that they come no later than today.

I can't spare 10 on verbal, but definetly 10 on math, and probably 10 on chemistry if you're game?

According to USPS, I live 4 days from San Antonio as far as ground service is concerned. That puts me getting it Thursday if they were sent out on Monday.

How can you find out how many days it will take? Is it on the USPS website or do you have to call someone? I hope the person at Harcourt was telling the truth when she said that the scores got sent out on Monday! I wish the mailman could get to my apartment before 4 in the afternoon!

How can you find out how many days it will take? Is it on the USPS website or do you have to call someone? I hope the person at Harcourt was telling the truth when she said that the scores got sent out on Monday! I wish the mailman could get to my apartment before 4 in the afternoon!

I just did a google search and there was some website that you could put in the starting point and ending point, and the weight of the package, which of course was a guess and a low amount. I think I said about 0.25 lbs, and then there was various options that gave time amounts depending on the type of shipping. 4 days was standard USPS ground time from San Antonio to Kentucky.

I didn't receive my scores today, so I guess I'll have to call Harcourt and tell them I'll be sending them back so they can recalculate that math, verbal, and chemistry subscores!

I was looking at Pharmcas and saw that they have electronically received our PCAT scores, but they did not post what the scores were.

I got my scores today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAH! I guess Harcourt lady didn't lie. Do I win the bet acetyl? :) I live in Austin, about 1.5 hours from San Antonio by the way. Anyway, my math score is below the average for my school by 10 points, I got a 68. But the rest are about what I expected.

Verbal 78
Biology 86
Reading 99
Quant 68
Chemistry 80
Composite 93
Writing score : 4

Should I apply or take it again to raise my math score? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my scores today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAH! I guess Harcourt lady didn't lie. Do I win the bet acetyl? :) I live in Austin, about 1.5 hours from San Antonio by the way. Anyway, my math score is below the average for my school by 10 points, I got a 68. But the rest are about what I expected.

Verbal 78
Biology 86
Reading 99
Quant 68
Chemistry 80
Composite 93

Should I apply or take it again to raise my math score? Any suggestions would be appreciated

Just crazy to think how they are calculating the composite score.

i think the composite has something to do with what version of the test you took. different versions are harder than others according to the PCAT website.

Well done. I wouldn't chance screwing it up with an unwarranted retake.

Thanks! I guess if I don't get in I'll know that my math score sucked it up, then I'll take again to reapply. I have no clue how they calculate composites. Hope all of your scores come in soon!

tt was it your first time? if not, how did u do previously? just really curious

Verbal 78
Biology 86
Reading 99
Quant 68
Chemistry 80
Composite 93

tt was it your first time? if not, how did u do previously? just really curious

Yeah this was my first time to take it. I am a senior too, so it has been a while since I've taken any chemistry. That is what I'm worried will go down if I take it again. Do you think I should? Has anyone else had a really good outcome by taking it again?

Do I win the bet acetyl?

Nope, you don't win the bet. The bet was whether I received my scores today, which I didn't, so I win. I'll take 5 of your reading comp. points, because believe me, I will need them.

Your score is fine, unless the schools you're applying to require a certain sub-section miniumum, then I might take it again. Otherwise, you're golden. Good job.

Yeah this was my first time to take it. I am a senior too, so it has been a while since I've taken any chemistry. That is what I'm worried will go down if I take it again. Do you think I should? Has anyone else had a really good outcome by taking it again?

no, dont take it again man..if i got that score, i would be on top of the world.....i just dont understand how so many people on this forum end up making in the 90s???????

btw, how much did u study?

Hmm. It is hard to say. I started in August but really crammed in the last part of September and first couple of weeks of October. Maybe 8 hours a week and then alot more frequently in October. I got a huge book from Kaplan (really hard to get through in 2 months so i didn't) and took lots of practice tests...didn't help at all as far as the math. There was alot more precal on it than I thought there would be, and I completely blanked when I saw it. This one guy I talked to said he started studying the day before and he got really good scores...makes me jealous. I think alot really depends on how recently you've had the courses

Nope, you don't win the bet. The bet was whether I received my scores today, which I didn't, so I win. I'll take 5 of your reading comp. points, because believe me, I will need them.

Your score is fine, unless the schools you're applying to require a certain sub-section miniumum, then I might take it again. Otherwise, you're golden. Good job.

Thanks! I think I will take yall's advice. It would a lot nicer to sleep and relax over the Christmas break.
I guess you did win the bet...dangit. I will call Harcourt and tell them to transfer the points

no, dont take it again man..if i got that score, i would be on top of the world.....i just dont understand how so many people on this forum end up making in the 90s???????

That's because the people who make 90s aren't ashamed to post on the forum! None of the 50s and 60s are posting are there? And we know more than 2 people got their scores today... :)

I admit....I won't post if I make below a 70..... ;)

Yeahh thats a very good point by animerockstar. I bet there are a few more out there who have got their results back, but are afraid to post them...I don't blame those people :( You can always re-do the pcat :thumbup: Anyways, I will try hard not to chicken out posting my results, but i'll be last on the mailing list as I live in Canada.

Verbal 78
Biology 86
Reading 99
Quant 68
Chemistry 80
Composite 93

Way to go texastwinner. Congratulations!!!:thumbup: :thumbup:

Here's a little bit more realistic score report guys:

Verbal: 418----78%
Biology: 415----74%
Reading: 404----56%
Quant: 412----73%
Chem: 468----99%
Composite 423----87%

Man did my Chem score save my butt or what? I'm soooo mad at how bad I did on the reading, and I seriously thought I did better on Bio than Chem!

Composite 423----87%

Man did my Chem score save my butt or what? I'm soooo mad at how bad I did on the reading, and I seriously thought I did better on Bio than Chem!

Congratulations! If I get a composite anywhere close to that I'm going to run around the house screaming! By the way where do you live? I'm in AR so I'm hoping to get them tomorrow...

I go to Baylor in Waco, Texas so I was one of lucky kids to be near Harcourt. Arizona is supposed to have a good Pharmacy school from what I hear so I hope you did well! I'm probably going to apply there if I have time but grrrr I think they require A&P and since I'm a Biochem. major I wouldn't normally have to take that.

Oops I'm from Arkansas, sorry I shouldn't have abbreviated. I think Arizona is AZ but I'm not sure....I really hope my scores come tomorrow, I work until 7 every night and I'm getting tired of rushing home to nothing! Was this your first time to take it?

Composite 423----87%

congrrats!!!!!

so a 423 score, for example, is like missing how many questions out of 58?? I think I missed approximately 12 questions per section. I have no clue whether that is in the 50s range or 80s. Its so hard to tell. does anyone think they know?

nahh this was my second time taking it, I got a 72 the first time and felt I had nothing to lose by taking it again since UT only uses the most recent score in making their decision. My 423 composite was exactly the score I got on the PCAT Final in the Kaplan Online course which I began taking after I got the results back from my first test.

Hi~ guys! I live in Maryland and I just got my report today.

Here is my result:

Verbal: 393----40%:(
Biology: 431----89%
Reading: 423----83%
Quant: 468----99%
Chem: 452----97%
Composite 433----94%
Writing score: 2:(

My verbal and writing score is so low~~.. because I am not a native speaker.
Anyway, I am very happy with the rest.:)

Congrats bear!! Your score is great and I'm sure they'll look past the writing and verbal scores considering your other ones are very high.

I'm confused, why are people way up north getting their scores before people in the south that are close to texas? :confused: I'm jealous! :p

I'm in Arizona and have yet to receive my score! Tomorrow it should be here because it did show up on pharmcas.

I'm in Iowa and haven't gotten my scores yet.....I have been biting my nails so much today that I had to put Neosporin and gloves on!!!!!!! I am freaking out because I know that my scores are going to be nowhere near what everybody elses are:( :(

I guess that is a compliment? I think your scores are great. I don't know what schools really look at...whether it is just composite or just maybe the sciences? Alot of people who post on these sites seem to be getting 95% and above on alot of sections...maybe it is just a different population that are posting. It sure does seem like it is common to get such a high score. At least it looks like I can read....pssh

Oh yea I was definately sending out a compliment ur way! I got jealous when I saw ur score and a score posted on the other thread so just wanted to post mine since I look like the only person who posted who didn't get a 90 composite to give people an idea of what a non-90 composite would end up looking like. Congrats and good luck to everyone out there! By the way Texas, do you go to UT and if so do you plan on applying to the pharm. school there? I go to Baylor and UT is my dream school choice for Pharmacy School.

Thanks for the compliment! I'm jealous of your chem score. I think I know what other post you are talking about...the guy that got like 92's on everything...must be cool to be him. I like Baylor, I have some good friends that go there. Yeah, I am going to graduate from UT in the Spring. UT is my first choice b/c my fiancee is going to grad school in engineering at UT, and I want to continue living here...I don't want to move! I really have no idea what my chances are, being the number 2 school in the nation and all. I also heard that if you go here as undergrad you have less chances of getting in, no clue why. I would still be happy with Houston though.

I think something above a composite 80th percentile would be competitive to most programs across the country.

I believe Harcourt Assessments is located in San Antonio, Texas, and thus the score reports are sent from Texas and not where you took the test. This makes sense because I've seen where people were saying they receive their scores in Texas first. Hopefully, the Texas people will be getting their scores today and mine will come tomorrow!

I'm in Texas--and nothing yet!? :confused: :scared:

Verbal 78
Biology 86
Reading 99
Quant 68
Chemistry 80
Composite 93

OMG!!! It is incomprehensible how they come up with the composite. I remember taking the PCAT like 2 years back ( old version )....I had considerably higher scores in every subsection ( except reading of course).., and my composite was only a 76. There has to be something about this new PCAT version!!

Hi~ guys! I live in Maryland and I just got my report today.

Congrats:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: , my fellow Marylander. I haven't gotten mine though I live in the land of Mary.
I hope it gets to Baltimore today though. If you chose the Unimaryland, you'll sure will be able to get in. The October PCAT seem to be some kind of manna, from the results I've been seeing so far, Or is it that all the people in this forum are some kind of geniuses? I hope mine is that wonderful too.
Congratulobia!!!!!!

OMG!!! It is incomprehensible how they come up with the composite. I remember taking the PCAT like 2 years back ( old version )....I had considerably higher scores in every subsection ( except reading of course).., and my composite was only a 76. There has to be something about this new PCAT version!!

I don't know. I think it may have something more to do with the scaled scores than the percentile rank. Like, maybe there is a range of scale score that make up a percent, not just one. For ex..I made a 481 on reading, I think that is what boosted it up......????

I once heard that the composite is based on how many times u've taken it.

E.g. for first time pcat takers ur results are based on what other firsttimers make and not on the whole population who sat for the exam.
2nd time takers, their result who be based on what other second time takers got.

so a first timer who got 94% composite would mean 94% of the first time takers got as much as he did or less than him and only 6% performed better.

I hope u all understand what i wrote.

Thanks for insulting my scores :(

Yeah, that makes sense about the first time second time stuff