PCAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heisenburger22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I finished my PCAT this afternoon here in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). After finishing, I got a prelimanary score sheet with the following scores

BIO - 94
CHEM - 99
CR - 76
MATH - 88

Composite - 98

When I finished the test I contemplated not even submitting my grades to the schools I wrote down because I honestly believed I did bad. Looking at the scores, they seem surprisingly high. Will these actually be my PCAT official scores? If they change, whats the max they may change by?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, I finished my PCAT this afternoon here in Toronto, Ontario (Canada). After finishing, I got a prelimanary score sheet with the following scores

BIO - 94
CHEM - 99
CR - 76
MATH - 88

Composite - 98

When I finished the test I contemplated not even submitting my grades to the schools I wrote down because I honestly believed I did bad. Looking at the scores, they seem surprisingly high. Will these actually be my PCAT official scores? If they change, whats the max they may change by?

Congrats! Those are your scores. I’ve never heard of the preliminary score differing from the official score.

Does anyone know by chance if the pharmacy takes your better score. I did worst on my second try. Are they going to take the first one or the second one?

Hey @OD2018 - it depends on the school! Some only consider your highest score, some will consider your "superscore" (combination of highest section scores), and some will take a more holistic approach and consider your improvement over time. This is something you could certainly try to research for each school online or by contacting their admissions offices.

In your case, you did really well on the PCAT (congrats!!) so most programs will likely be pretty impressed by that 98%ile, even if your second attempt was lower. They won't have any context for that second exam, so they won't know if there was a distraction during that exam or maybe you had the flu or something else happened, but they will know that you're capable of scoring in the top 2%ile. :)

Members don't see this ad :)

BIO - 94
CHEM - 99
CR - 76
MATH - 88

Composite - 98

You did good stop talking and e submit.
Both of them

BIO - 94
CHEM - 99
CR - 76
MATH - 88

Composite - 98

Impressive composite! It won't change. I hate you. :)

Reactions: 1 users