The Scores have arrived!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmMnM

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I created an official thread to discuss the outcome of your PCAT scores!!!

:) :D :D :) ;) :D

Good luck everyone on seeing your scores that will arrive anytime this week!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
boooo! :thumbdown: I was very excited when I thought someone had already received their scores....then I clicked on the post...

geez i wasn't anticipating such negativity..:idea: :idea:

I am very exited about receiving them in 2-3 days because I've waited like forever and am hoping to share the good (or bad) news with my fellow SDNers. boo.

haha, i'm way excited, too! it just got my hopes up for a sec...oh well, what's several more days, eh? :D

Since the scores actually haven't arrived I don't understand this thread. This should just be another post in the official waiting for our scores countdown no? Because thats what we're basically doing now.. is waiting.

Well you had good intentions :thumbup:

Since the scores actually haven't arrived I don't understand this thread. This should just be another post in the official waiting for our scores countdown no? Because thats what we're basically doing now.. is waiting.

Well you had good intentions :thumbup:

It was pretty funny though - how many are going to see the heading and get all excited...

on second thought - it might be classified as cruel and unusual punishment

~above~

Can someone please explain why it takes so long to put a few pieces of paper into an automatic scantron grading machine and enter the scores in their computer?

These guys dont even have it as bad as pharmacists who do 10 x more work and get everything done in a timely manner. Hell, my organic class use to grade 150+ papers and give em back the next day.

"Can someone please explain why it takes so long to put a few pieces of paper into an automatic scantron grading machine and enter the scores in their computer?" -- you're forgetting that they have to grade essays as well

Members don't see this ad :)
i get so excited everytime i see that someone has posted on this thread... it gets my hopes up that maybe someone got their scores...very cruel if i must say so myself

not to be rude, but I say delete this thread!

It's cruel and unusual punishment to log into SDN and see many new posts in this thread titled "The scores have arrived!". Because they have not. It gives me a rush of adrenaline for a second, then my heart drops to my stomach when I see that no one has yet recieved their scores.

why don't everyone just suck it in.......i bet they will arrive by tomorrow! :) i created this thread because i had a feeling they will arrive any second that day because it marked the 4th week and i was very anxious to see my scores! im an ebay fanatic so i always do things before due time..its just part of me now..sorry for any disappointments! :luck: :luck:

I think my eyeballs jumped 5mm out of their sockets when I saw this post. :eek: I'm at work and I almost left the J-O-B to go check my mailbox looking for my scores. Sadly enough, it was only wishful thinking. I really don't expect the scores until after thanksgiving. On that note HAVE A HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYBODY!!

I think my eyeballs jumped 5mm out of their sockets when I saw this post. :eek: I'm at work and I almost left the J-O-B to go check my mailbox looking for my scores. Sadly enough, it was only wishful thinking. I really don't expect the scores until after thanksgiving. On that note HAVE A HAPPY TURKEY DAY EVERYBODY!!

PharmChick007 that is hilarious!:laugh: My heart stopped when I read the title of this thread because I was so excited the scores were out but angry that I hadn't received mine! Imagine my surprise! Anyway I think my mail lady thinks I'm stalking her because as soon as she shows up I'm out my door. Well, just a little bit longer guys and gals!

I just broke down and called them.......She told me they are not being sent until the 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Not so good for people who aren't sure about applying to Dec 1st schools.:(

Not so good for people who aren't sure about applying to Dec 1st schools.:(

Well if they are not going to send it out until the 30th I'm sure the schools with dec 1st deadline will know about it and will take that into consideration...i'm sure they are still waiting on pcats from many applicants to consider them for interviews!!!

yeah.. since most people dont get the pcat scores until 5.5 weeks or more.. chances are you wont get them tomorrow. i didnt get mine for about 6 weeks, and so did another person i work with. i live in pa. and think about it too, its thanksgiving week the mail is going to be even slower than usual. so dont get ur hopes up.

I remember from the January exam, I had my scores sent to PharmCAS as well as a few other schools, and they showed up as received on PharmCAS before I received them. Just a piece of information for all the other crazy people like me out there...

I'm from Texas and I know Texas kids get theirs first. So I'll make sure to post exactly when I get mine so all of you will know when they're coming! ^^ Hopefully the Thanksgiving holiday doesn't slow it down too much... :(

Gosh....I hope that didn't sound like I was rubbing it in your face...I was just trying to come up with an encouraging response! :scared: ...such a noobie...

Well if they are not going to send it out until the 30th I'm sure the schools with dec 1st deadline will know about it and will take that into consideration...i'm sure they are still waiting on pcats from many applicants to consider them for interviews!!!

Yeah, Dec 1st schools will still take the scores, but it's the first time I have taken the tes. If I didn't get to the 80th percentile in chem (I had had one month of organic chem) MD won't look at the application. So I wanted to drop any schools where I didn't meet the minimums and save the application fee. I feel like I did ok, so it's not that big a deal. Especially when you consider what we'll be spending in the long haul. Good luck everybody.

Aminerockstar,
I'm from Texas as well. Are you being serious when you say we get our test results back first? I've been trying not to even think about it. But, I am getting a little anxious now.:oops:

Aminerockstar,
I'm from Texas as well. Are you being serious when you say we get our test results back first? I've been trying not to even think about it. But, I am getting a little anxious now.:oops:
Yeah...the people who took the June 2006 test...people in Texas got theirs first because Psych Corp is based in San Antonio. At least that was the trend that I got from that thread. And it makes sense! ^^

The moderator should really delete this thread!!! There's no point of having this thread up and running when the scores haven't even been sent out yet!!!

I was wondering why this thread had so many posts and views on it. I was even tempted to open it.

I just talked to the ****** at hartcourt and the scores were sent out today. Rejoice.

That is really good news! Thanks for letting everyone know. I've been checking my mail like a crazy person lately

Seriously? They were sent out today? Someone else said that they won't be sent out until the 30th....:confused:

i got an email from harcourt saying that the scores were sent out today!:scared:

Seriously? They were sent out today? Someone else said that they won't be sent out until the 30th....:confused:

Sorry that was me...that's what the lady told me, but maybe enough of us called and e-mailed that they decided to step it up a notch!

So they should be here by the end of the week I would assume, right?

If they were sent out today... depending on where you live, you should get them in 2-3 days. I live in Phoenix.. so I'm hoping to see mine very soon!

i agree the thread is pretty cruel, even tho i'm checking it right now, when the stuff has supposedly been sent out..

i asked my mom if i received any mail, and as of yesterday, the 27th....nuthin'...

i'm starting to get that sick-to-my-stomach-feeling :scared: even tho i've been pretty chill this whole time, and felt good on test day...

so i guess the plan for some of you is retake in jan if the scores aren't high enough? deadline for pcat reg is on 12/8/06... by then we should have our scores..

i'm not sure what i'll do... the 1 school i really want has a dec 1 deadline... then the 2 others have feb, and march deadlines, so i'm thinking i could retake and hope to get into 1 of the other 2 and maybe just transfer later... or i could completely ace the pcat now...:scared: :eek:

What is a good PCAT score? Is 65 a keeper? I know it depends on the school, but what score do you guys expect to receive to be satisfactory and not have to retake it in January?

If they were sent out today... depending on where you live, you should get them in 2-3 days. I live in Phoenix.. so I'm hoping to see mine very soon!

are they sent from one main location or are they sent from the city from which we took the test?? If the latter then it might only take about 2 days.

What is a good PCAT score? Is 65 a keeper? I know it depends on the school, but what score do you guys expect to receive to be satisfactory and not have to retake it in January?

I think something above a composite 80th percentile would be competitive to most programs across the country.

cystapharm said:
are they sent from one main location or are they sent from the city from which we took the test?? If the latter then it might only take about 2 days.

I believe Harcourt Assessments is located in San Antonio, Texas, and thus the score reports are sent from Texas and not where you took the test. This makes sense because I've seen where people were saying they receive their scores in Texas first. Hopefully, the Texas people will be getting their scores today and mine will come tomorrow!

I will post a message if they come today. I'm not too far from San Antonio, so maybe they will come today. I should know by 4!

I'm also a TX resident, no scores as of yet! I'm guessing Saturday...:D