The Republic of Texas XXVIII: Like Chuck Norris, we don't sleep; we wait...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
60 hours left...:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm glad to know that it's consistent between us.... so that I don't have to freak out about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
You mean on the page that displays your pre-match? I'm pretty sure mine disappeared after the 15th... I think...

I just checked on TMDSAS and nothing has changed for me.

I wonder if we will see anything change before 8am on Monday or if we will get emails from schools before then.

Good luck to all!

I'm in complete freak out mode right now. I really do hope the schools don't email you before we get our match results because I have not gotten any emails!

Please, all I want is for one school to take me. And then I will be :oops::p:D:love::laugh:

I'm in complete freak out mode right now. I really do hope the schools don't email you before we get our match results because I have not gotten any emails!

Please, all I want is for one school to take me. And then I will be :oops::p:D:love::laugh:

Monday can't come soon enough!

I just checked on TMDSAS and nothing has changed for me.

I wonder if we will see anything change before 8am on Monday or if we will get emails from schools before then.

Good luck to all!

I'm pretty sure that if you're participating in the match, you don't get an acceptance email. It just shows up on the website on Monday, and you get a paper letter in the mail.

55 hours... :scared: Gonna try to sleep now! Goodnight y'all! :luck:

At 8 am on February 1 the TMDSAS website will post the results of the Match.* You should check the website now and whenever you have a question-the answer is likely to be there!* Our school will also notify our matched students via email, in state and out of state applicants, at 8:00.

This is from the update email Houston sent out a few weeks ago.

Hmm....Actually if you look about 3/4ths of the way down the page here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=595033&highlight=glitch&page=8

you can see a long discussion about how people with pre-match offers could see their match early. Maggie08's "glitch" said she got into Tech and that's what actually ended up happening. Those who had a prematch and ranked it first obviously didn't change. She is not a troll and actually did see hers early, even though she didn't pre-match at Tech (where she now attends).

There was a mess-up in the HTML with an "or view" button available for those with a pre-match offer that allowed them to see their match early. It was not there very long before TMDSAS figured out it was messed up, but some did see their match early.

true story. (EDIT: and if you look on page 10 of the thread Aggie linked, you can see that there were 4 of us that had the glitch... and all "reasonable" posters... (term used loosely :laugh:)

it was a huge neuroticism disaster.
fortunately the remaining week now seems like a blur.

not to get sentimental, but for us 2013ers, if you remember: tonight was the match night for us. I'm so grateful that was a year ago, and that we're all now happily adjusted and surviving! (and maybe even thriving?)
it was so so so so so emotionally taxing.

but chin up 2014ers! monday will be here soon, and then it will be your job to take care of the 2015's! :luck:

Last edited:
At 8 am on February 1 the TMDSAS website will post the results of the Match.* You should check the website now and whenever you have a question-the answer is likely to be there!* Our school will also notify our matched students via email, in state and out of state applicants, at 8:00.

Interesting, I didn't get that. Had you emailed them with questions?

not to get sentimental, but for us 2013ers, if you remember: tonight was the match night for us. I'm so grateful that was a year ago, and that we're all now happily adjusted and surviving! (and maybe even thriving?) it was so so so so so emotionally taxing.

Oh, I do. I remember the day or two leading to the match... and I'm glad this is a spectator sport now (sorry, c/o 2014 people :D ). And ours came out at midnight, too, so it wasn't like you could go to sleep and wake up to your match results page -- oh no, we stayed up. But like Maggie said, you're all gonna get in, and then you get to tend to the neuroticism of those who come this way after you.

Hmm, that must be new. They UTH didn't do that last year. Oh well, my bad :D

Almost here... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Interesting, I didn't get that. Had you emailed them with questions?

No, I didn't email them. I got the email on January 7th. It was titled Information on FAQs from UTH- Admissions Office and was sent by Cynthia Garcia. If anyone who interviewed there wants to look at it, pm me and I will copy and paste it.

Edit: If anyone is still wondering how the match works there is a great explanation of it in the email.

Last edited:
No, I didn't email them. I got the email on January 7th. It was titled Information on FAQs from UTH- Admissions Office and was sent by Cynthia Garcia. If anyone who interviewed there wants to look at it, pm me and I will copy and paste it.

Edit: If anyone is still wondering how the match works there is a great explanation of it in the email.

Oh, I DID get that, It must have gone in the special file

Ahhhh the wait is killing me. This is such a bad week for me to hear this too - I have 2 exams on Wednesday I haven't done anything for :(

They should have match results announced on a Friday so we have the weekend to party/ recover

DrHiner pm is sent, let me know if you didn't get it.

Got it, thanks!

And I agree MDtobe... At least give it to us at midnight like every other match day... It's not like someone has to manually release the scores, it's all done by a computer so why can't it come out at midnight so we can sleep / party off the good news before work/school Monday?

I'm gonna be such a wreck at work if I don't get good news :( At least if I get good news, I'll just be tired because of lack of sleep the night before, but will have so much adrenaline that I'll be okay... Man I hope we all get good news... :scared:

:xf:

Hmm....Actually if you look about 3/4ths of the way down the page here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=595033&highlight=glitch&page=8

you can see a long discussion about how people with pre-match offers could see their match early. Maggie08's "glitch" said she got into Tech and that's what actually ended up happening. Those who had a prematch and ranked it first obviously didn't change. She is not a troll and actually did see hers early, even though she didn't pre-match at Tech (where she now attends).

There was a mess-up in the HTML with an "or view" button available for those with a pre-match offer that allowed them to see their match early. It was not there very long before TMDSAS figured out it was messed up, but some did see their match early.
ah, that's not the glitch I was thinking of. DrSno made 2 troll accounts at different times and magically saw their pre-match acceptances and then match acceptances before everyone else did.

I have a secondary phone interview for the job I really want on Monday. It will be interesting to see how the day progresses for sure. I am blessed to have an acceptance, but I really hope to get my 1st or 2nd choice. A job for the next 6 months would just cap off a really good day.

I don't know... there was a movement to create a new thread a thousand posts ago. I think it stalled after there were no successful names.

I think it's a good idea... all in favor, start throwing out names.

I'll make after we pick.

How about:

Republic of Texas XXIX: We'll keep our money, guns and freedom, and YOU can keep the 'change'!

:laugh:

Ideas: RoT:

Are we there yet?

We earned a star for good behavior.

State Motto: Friendship

Texas means Friends!

RoT: Your SDF ally

If it were a country, Texas would be the 40th largest in the World!

Y'all come back now, y'hear?

Republic of Texas XXIX: Where Greatness comes standard...

Republic of Texas XXIX: Our state specialized in greatness

Republic of Texas XXIX: Where Greatness and [insert other adjective] are Codominant :confused:

Republic of Texas XXIX: Chuck Norris didn't go to med school, it went to him

Republic of Texas XXIX: Where Chuck Norris specialized in destruction

Probably lame ideas, but it is late. Feel free to suggest better adjectives, wording or better ideas.

Republic of Texas XXIX: Where Greatness comes standard...

Republic of Texas XXIX: Our state specialized in greatness

Republic of Texas XXIX: Where Greatness and [insert other adjective] are Codominant :confused:

Republic of Texas XXIX: Where Chuck Norris specialized in destruction

Probably lame ideas, but it is late. Feel free to suggest better adjectives, wording or better ideas.

I liked these.. 30 hours left!

The wait is killlling me! So match comes out tomorrow at 8 right? Because I've heard all these stories about it coming out midnight the day before...

Supposed to come out at 8am tomorrow- it used to happen at midnight I think. Good luck everybody! :xf::luck:

Ahhhh the wait is killing me. This is such a bad week for me to hear this too - I have 2 exams on Wednesday I haven't done anything for :(

They should have match results announced on a Friday so we have the weekend to party/ recover

I'm TOTALLY with you, MDtobe31311! I have a test on Tuesday, and I'm just sitting here, staring at the book! I am incapable of absorbing aything. I guess you could say my knowledge receptors are being competitively inhibited by Match preoccupation! :laugh:

We had ours on Friday. Funnest drinking night ever. :)

And I agree MDtobe... At least give it to us at midnight like every other match day...

Agreed - that's just cruel.

Are we going to start a new RoT thread Feb 1st like last year?

We used to start threads every 1000 posts (tradition carried over from when a thread couldn't be more than 1000 posts). This one is definitely getting long - I think all of us 2013ers just wanted to kinda leave it up to you guys to get the new one started. So pick a name and start away. :D

I like these two best:

Republic of Texas XXIX: We'll keep our money, guns and freedom, and YOU can keep the 'change'!

19 hours... and still hoping it comes out at midnight instead :xf:

I like these two best:

19 hours... and still hoping it comes out at midnight instead :xf:

I kinda like the latter. Any objections / other ideas?

I agree. I think we should keep politics out of it. :)

Ah, that's probably a good point. I just thought it was a clever bumper sticker lol. But honestly, I don't want to offend people (I'm not republican or democrat anyway), so I think it should also be:

Republic of Texas XXIX: Chuck Norris didn't go to med school, it went to him! :D

I mean, I think the first one is funny too, but... hey.

Had to shorten the title a little because of the character limit, but the new thread is here. :thumbup:

Hey Yall,

My pre-match acceptance and ranking buttons are still there?? Also, does the match button show up at exactly 8 am tomorrow because it hasnt showed up for me?

Mine hasn't shown up either... Guessing it shows up right at 8:00am. Tmdsas is so glitchy sometimes so I'm not sure I trust it to do all this at once...

Hey Yall,

My pre-match acceptance and ranking buttons are still there?? Also, does the match button show up at exactly 8 am tomorrow because it hasnt showed up for me?

Mine hasn't shown up either... Guessing it shows up right at 8:00am. Tmdsas is so glitchy sometimes so I'm not sure I trust it to do all this at once...

Last year, match results went out a minute or two after they said they would. Hang in there.

Mods -- can we get a lock? There's a new RoT up. :)

Hey Yall,

Interesting. Were you sure to decline all but one prematch offer before the deadline? For me (and I think others), those buttons have turned into simple text that cannot be edited. You should probably plan on contacting them first thing tomorrow morning.

Interesting. Were you sure to decline all but one prematch offer before the deadline? For me (and I think others), those buttons have turned into simple text that cannot be edited. You should probably plan on contacting them first thing tomorrow morning.

my buttons are still there.. i'm not thinking it's a big deal... maybe it's b/c you pre-matched that it's still clickable?

I think we may be talking about different buttons? The big pre-match button is still there, but looking at the pre-matches the "edit rankings" buttons are now gone (after Jan 15th deadline). Not a big deal I'm sure.

Oh, we have a new RoT thread.... :)