The Republic of Texas XV: Welcome to Texas. If y'all kill us, we'll kill y'all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's because you fall into the category: "Baylor College of Medicine Class of 2012" ;)

:lol:Haha, so true...If I was already accepted to Baylor, I would totally be....

:cool: :cool: :cool: :smuggrin: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Heeeeeeeey, TheRealMd and Abatoutofheck are still up too. Woohoo! :D

I'm still up because this launched in Japan today. Many many fond memories with this series.

:lol:Haha, so true...If I was already accepted to Baylor, I would totally be....

:cool: :cool: :cool: :smuggrin: :cool: :cool: :cool:

*poke*

That's because you fall into the category: "Baylor College of Medicine Class of 2012" ;)

*double poke*

I'm still pretty excited for you guys. You'll understand when you're on the other side of the fence with your acceptances. Everything else just floats away!

Promise that you won't become a lazy bum like I have been for the past few weeks (not going to class, prancing around campus, sleeping A LOT). That's all I ask! :)

Plus, I think my roommate wants to kill me because I sleep in so late with my 12 hour semester.

Members don't see this ad :)
*poke*

*double poke*

I'm still pretty excited for you guys. You'll understand when you're on the other side of the fence with your acceptances. Everything else just floats away!

Promise that you won't become a lazy bum like I have been for the past few weeks (not going to class, prancing around campus, sleeping A LOT). That's all I ask! :)

Plus, I think my roommate wants to kill me because I sleep in so late with my 12 hour semester.

Wow, you're almost celebrity status in my books right now...what I would give to be you...

Wow, you're almost celebrity status in my books right now...what I would give to be you...

o_O

Rock star? Nah, that's Jolie South. I am just a humble guy here on SDN to pass time. :)

Now maybe if I showed you my mdapps, it'd be different. but I took it down. Too many med students identifying me on interviews (it's spooky!)

o_O

Rock star? Nah, that's Jolie South. I am just a humble guy here on SDN to pass time. :)

Now maybe if I showed you my mdapps, it'd be different. but I took it down. Too many med students identifying me on interviews (it's spooky!)

That's why I didn't make one. People have identified me with much less info.....

So I open up my e-mail today and nearly spat my coffee out because I got an interview invitation to Washington University SOM in St. Louis.

I really don't know if I want to go or not. It's such a late interview invite and my semester is overloaded.

I have to go get ready for class, but I don't think I'll be able to concentrate today with this decision hanging over my head.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I open up my e-mail today and nearly spat my coffee out because I got an interview invitation to Washington University SOM in St. Louis.

I really don't know if I want to go or not. It's such a late interview invite and my semester is overloaded.

I have to go get ready for class, but I don't think I'll be able to concentrate today with this decision hanging over my head.

I guess it never hurts to interview there IF you honestly believe that if accepted, you would go to school there. Is it one of your top choice schools? If so, don't regret not interviewing there. What's a few hundred bucks and a bit of added stress if you always wanted to go there?

Are we going to think up some new thread names or just stick with this one since we can have more than 1000 posts?

If we start a new one, there should be some mention of the "B-Team"!!!!!!

Thats awesome! When is the interview anyways?

have you ever heard of "trauma center" for the wii? you work in an ER and perform surgeries using the wii controller like a scalpel. i just got a wii and cant wait to have that for med school.

I have that. It was really fun. Now it is too hard for me (I'm not a good video-gamer. at all) because I have to do things with specific timing and I can't watch the patient, do the procedure, check the vitals, and read what the nurse says! :eek:

I'm still up because this launched in Japan today. Many many fond memories with this series.

Hahah ur the man...my friends and I have been playing the original smash (better than the cube) since we started high school, and that was like 10 yrs ago, can't wait for this one to be released here.

Rise and Shine everyone!! Today we will learn our fates!

I can't believe it is less than 12 hours away. I have to go to work but I'm planning on doing such a poor job that they are forced to send me home early.

I can't believe it is less than 12 hours away. I have to go to work but I'm planning on doing such a poor job that they are forced to send me home early.

:laugh: Thats the Spirit!

:eek: 7:59:48 :eek:

I don't even know if I want 5 to come. I've started to build my confidence up that I'm going to get matched, and I'm going to be devastated if I don't.

good luck to you all. good vibes all around

Does anyone think that schools can just access our profiles without changing anything (i.e. status) therefore keeping the LMU the same? Because I feel like schools all have our info and that they don't need to change anything to our applications in order to accept/decline us, ya know?

Anyway, just saying that I figure if you have interviewed at a school, they have the info and if they didn't, they wouldn't have to change anything to get it. My two cents

What I understand is that schools have to log into TMDSAS site to access our profiles and select interviewees. They print hard copies for the interviews, but then they log into TMDSAS site and update anything they need to.

For match, schools rank us, we rank schools, everything goes to TMDSAS where a computer program generates match results. So, match is always through TMDSAS and not individual schools accepting or rejecting us.

let us establish a rescue team in case things go wrong

i'm going to a hockey game right around 5 (go preds!) so hopefully things go well. i'd hate to be that guy who cries at a hockey game

What I understand is that schools have to log into TMDSAS site to access our profiles and select interviewees. They print hard copies for the interviews, but then they log into TMDSAS site and update anything they need to.

For match, schools rank us, we rank schools, everything goes to TMDSAS where a computer program generates match results. So, match is always through TMDSAS and not individual schools accepting or rejecting us.

i kind of hope that these change aren't always reflected in the LMUs though...because i haven't had a single update since 12/13/07. kind of seems like i should have had some changes going on. oh well, i guess i'll known soon enough. i kept having all these stupid dreams about match last night. i am so excited to get this over with!!!

Ok, I seriously might be staying until 5pm today just to see the list on the admissions window! :) So fun. :D

On a completely different note...who has read Atlas Shrugged? Thoughts? Always wanted to read it, so I finally picked it up the other day. :) Except I made the mistake of buying this paperback version..the print is so freaking small! Maybe I can exchange it somehow...ha. :p

Love that book. I read The Fountainhead first and enjoyed the heck out of that one, but Atlas Shrugged is just great!! Rand's philosophy can be... a bit abrasive (depending on your ideological leanings) and is a little simplistic IMO, but I love her anyway. It took me a while to get through, but it's well worth it!!

i kind of hope that thee change aren't always reflected in the LMUs though...because i haven't had a single update since 12/13/07. kind of seems like i should have had some changes going on. oh well, i guess i'll known soon enough. i kept having all these stupid dreams about match last night. i am so excited to get this over with!!!

I'm not sure if every time someone accesses our file, it causes an LMU change. Who knows.

Last week I had a dream that I matched to my top choice and I'm so happy that I can't speak to tell my family. Last night I dreamt that it's July and I'm still waitlisted :(

I don't even know if I want 5 to come. I've started to build my confidence up that I'm going to get matched, and I'm going to be devastated if I don't.

I hear ya, same here. As much as I force myself to not think about it, I end up day dreaming. And I KNOW the more I dream the longer and harder my fall will be. :(

i kind of hope that these change aren't always reflected in the LMUs though...because i haven't had a single update since 12/13/07. kind of seems like i should have had some changes going on. oh well, i guess i'll known soon enough. i kept having all these stupid dreams about match last night. i am so excited to get this over with!!!

I'm not sure if every time someone accesses our file, it causes an LMU change. Who knows.

Last week I had a dream that I matched to my top choice and I'm so happy that I can't speak to tell my family. Last night I dreamt that it's July and I'm still waitlisted :(

How certain are you guys about the schools printing the files off of TMDSAS directly? Reason i'm asking is because when I was waiting for my file to get verified, and kept bugging TMDSAS and all the schools to which I was applying, I remember them telling me that (for example for UTMB) they download the file "batches" every thursday. So even if they verified your application on friday, UTMB wouldn't have it until the NEXT thursday.

I don't know, like you guys said, soon we'll find out about our fates. :scared:

I hear ya, same here. As much as I force myself to not think about it, I end up day dreaming. And I KNOW the more I dream the longer and harder my fall will be. :(

Same here. Although last night, I was wondering what my next move would be and was pretty sure I wouldn't match. Then of course this morning I prayed my heart out that I would match. Just over 6 hours left... Must work to distract myself. See you all later.

Are we all at work being super stressed and nervous or what? I work in a cancer research lab and everyone here has been loading me down with new projects today, but hey busy is better because then the time goes quicker. AND because all of the projects involve the mice...if I'm not paying attention, I get a not-so-friendly ::chomp:: which is a good attention getter:hello:

Anyone having a bad day today?

I woke up with a headache, the cat decided to sleep on my pillow and now I can't stop sneezing, got soaking wet in the rain even with an umbrella, found out that everyone else at work has called in sick, had to teach two extra classes, now I'm all alone here with pin drop silence in the room. Have a feeling that evening is going to be even worse.

Are we all at work being super stressed and nervous or what? I work in a cancer research lab and everyone here has been loading me down with new projects today, but hey busy is better because then the time goes quicker. AND because all of the projects involve the mice...if I'm not paying attention, I get a not-so-friendly ::chomp:: which is a good attention getter:hello:

I know, i'm super stressed and distracted, and it's raining hell on me. What a great day this is going to be. :scared:

I woke up with a headache, the cat decided to sleep on my pillow and now I can't stop sneezing, got soaking wet in the rain even with an umbrella, found out that everyone else at work has called in sick, had to teach two extra classes, now I'm all alone here with pin drop silence in the room. Have a feeling that evening is going to be even worse.

Aw, hang in there feline! My day started off rough with the weather...definitely a few minutes late to my lab meeting, woops! It's a good thing my lab group is so nice and understanding...lol. :love:

I'm still sitting at home unemployed. it makes time go by quite a bit slower

Did you end up submitting that kaplan application?

Man, that sucks. I'm having a crappy day at work, and I know it's only going to get worse. :thumbdown:

So has eveyone told their families that tonight's the match? I haven't. I figured, if I don't match, I just wait till April for an OOS school.

So has eveyone told their families that tonight's the match? I haven't. I figured, if I don't match, I just wait till April for an OOS school.

Nope, at least not any time recently. If I get matched, they i'll tell them. If I don't, I'll wait for them to ask when the match is, then i'll be like "Oh, it was like a month ago, yeah, nothing happened." :rolleyes:

Will this thread continue past 1000 posts or will we start a new one?

Will this thread continue past 1000 posts or will we start a new one?

This is the Energizer bunny thread, it's gonna keep goin and goin and goin' .....

They removed the 1000 post max rule. :thumbup:

Did you end up submitting that kaplan application?
yeah, I submitted the TPR application. I swear I had already submitted it before.. but yeah, I did it again.
yeah, my mom asked me if I'd heard anything at 10am

Status
Not open for further replies.