The Republic of Texas XV: Welcome to Texas. If y'all kill us, we'll kill y'all

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My LMU changed to 013008 as well....but at this point, I don't even know if I should be happy or sad about that....granted, I did send in a new transcript, which they received on the 24th....:rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

Try not to kill the site. Please. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
My LMU changed to 013008 as well....but at this point, I don't even know if I should be happy or sad about that....granted, I did send in a new transcript, which they received on the 24th....:rolleyes:

No changes to my status page since 010208. I did not send my fall transcript yet (yes, folks, I am a procrastinator)

:luck:

Why can't I ever have one of those, "Oops, we messed up! You get to find out a day early that you got accepted to your top choice school!" :smuggrin:

EPIC WIN!!!!

my LMU updated yesturday 012908
validation still 120307 from when I prematched to A&M
I have not sent TMDSAS an transcripts because I am lazy.

seriously all this hysteria is for nothing :sleep:

Hey, to pass time, I'm playing Halo 3. If anyone wants to join in the fun, my username is Dr Adam MD. Dr Adam and Adam MD was already taken... This way I can always through the "I'm gonna be a doctor" card into all verbal wars that occur. For those that don't know, a lot of s*** talking ocurs in halo. It's hilarious.

Hey, to pass time, I'm playing Halo 3. If anyone wants to join in the fun, my username is Dr Adam MD. Dr Adam and Adam MD was already taken... This way I can always through the "I'm gonna be a doctor" card into all verbal wars that occur. For those that don't know, a lot of s*** talking ocurs in halo. It's hilarious.

Really? People talk smack in Halo? Thats interesting.

Also, it's bothering me how on the ranking page it still says that we will find out if we matched anywhere on Feb. 1st. Why haven't they updated that to Jan 31st as well? Is it too obvious that paranoia is taking over? :scared:

Really? People talk smack in Halo? Thats interesting.

Also, it's bothering me how on the ranking page it still says that we will find out if we matched anywhere on Feb. 1st. Why haven't they updated that to Jan 31st as well? Is it too obvious that paranoia is taking over? :scared:

:lol::lol:Haha, don't worry...that paranoia is still one step short of what I experienced earlier when I started freaking out about a "blank" texas tech status vs "interviewed"....:lol::lol:
I wonder if I was going through an "episode" like they've been reporting Britney has been lately....except hers get caught by paparazzi and mine gets caught on SDN....:cool:

I don't have Halo 3, but now that you mention it, playing me some XBox may be just what I need...I mean, what could be better than killing some polygons on my TV? :D

Oh dear lord.

36 y/o male addicted to Mass Effect...

I don't have Halo 3, but now that you mention it, playing me some XBox may be just what I need...I mean, what could be better than killing some polygons on my TV? :D

Dude, during Christmas break I borrowed one of my friends Xbox 360 with a few games that he had. I hate to admit, but I didn't feel much toward it. I mean I didn't really get into it not because it was an Xbox (I think it has great graphics) but I just don't dig videogames anymore. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I don't want to be all grown up, I like to think i'm still a kid dammit!

WHOA! Where the hell did all that just come from? :eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, during Christmas break I borrowed one of my friends Xbox 360 with a few games that he had. I hate to admit, but I didn't feel much toward it. I mean I didn't really get into it not because it was an Xbox (I think it has great graphics) but I just don't dig videogames anymore. I don't know what the hell is wrong with me. I don't want to be all grown up, I like to think i'm still a kid dammit!

WHOA! Where the hell did all that just come from?
:eek:

Match-Day Eve anxiety

I know it makes me a loser to have 3 posts in a row, but with my paranoia and stress levels reaching an all time high, I want to warn all my dear SDNers that I may very well hit 1000 posts by the time we get to the match. :D

I know it makes me a loser to have 3 posts in a row, but with my paranoia and stress levels reaching an all time high, I want to warn all my dear SDNers that I may very well hit 1000 posts by the time we get to the match. :D

No worries, you're only at 2 in a row ;)

Thank you for your dancing pickle, it calms me down. :)

That's what I'm here for.....:)

So, if the schools had to have their choices submitted around the same time as us, what the heck is taking so long??? I mean, isn't all this done by a computer at this point? I don't understand the 2 week lag.

I need a productive way to pass my time....

Yup, the culmination of hours, days, weeks, and months of back-breaking labor is upon us. The only advice I can give is not to blow this thing out of proportion. There really is "always next year". I'd love to see everyone on this site get in somewhere. But you'd better face it now, that isn't going to be the case. I'm not trying to be pessimistic, I'm just trying to say something that would've helped me last year. Do not let tomorrow at 5 crush your dreams. Anyone can become a great doctor, it just takes perserverance. Perserverance today and for the rest of your life.

EPIC WIN!!!!

my LMU updated yesturday 012908
validation still 120307 from when I prematched to A&M
I have not sent TMDSAS an transcripts because I am lazy.

seriously all this hysteria is for nothing :sleep:

dude my LMU changed the same date as yours and I also had a prematch to A&M...do you think it means we matched into a&M?! what does it meeeeean?! :scared:

dude my LMU changed the same date as yours and I also had a prematch to A&M...do you think it means we matched into a&M?! what does it meeeeean?! :scared:

So I guess only one LMU/week theory is out the window?

So we've established that a new LMU after the 15th is a match?

So I've been thinking more and more about what I will do if the unthinkable happens (read: I don't get in).

Originally, I thought I would just apply again this next cycle. However, with further consideration, I realize that I would be trying to get my PhD dissertation written and trying to graduate about the same time I would be studying (again) for the MCAT. It was tough enough the last time with having to go home and study for 4-5 hours after a full day of work in the lab, but I don't think I can do it with the added pressure of the thesis.

So I am seriously considering taking the year to graduate (probably by August now), find a job and make some money to lower my current debt a bit, and add more volunteering and shadowing while studying for the MCAT in the fall so I can take it in January 2009 (and May again if necessary). At least this way I can get my application in super early for the 2010 application cycle and class of 2014, and make it a pretty darn strong application too hopefully.

So do med schools look at this and go: Loser!!? Or are they OK with that gap between applications?

So we've established that a new LMU after the 15th is a match?

no as princessbbn pointed out a page or two ago based on last year's thread that was even a bad sign......basically its a mess, so no point in basing much off of it...............is anyone else turning into a nervous wreck :(

So I've been thinking more and more about what I will do if the unthinkable happens (read: I don't get in).

Originally, I thought I would just apply again this next cycle. However, with further consideration, I realize that I would be trying to get my PhD dissertation written and trying to graduate about the same time I would be studying (again) for the MCAT. It was tough enough the last time with having to go home and study for 4-5 hours after a full day of work in the lab, but I don't think I can do it with the added pressure of the thesis.

So I am seriously considering taking the year to graduate (probably by August now), find a job and make some money to lower my current debt a bit, and add more volunteering and shadowing while studying for the MCAT in the fall so I can take it in January (and May again if necessary). At least this way I can get my application in super early for the 2010 application cycle and class of 2014, and make it a pretty darn strong application too hopefully.

So do med schools look at this and go: Loser!!? Or are they OK with that gap between applications?

What's your MCAT?

no as princessbbn pointed out a page or two ago based on last year's thread that was even a bad sign......basically its a mess, so no point in basing much off of it...............is anyone else turning into a nervous wreck :(

I think the "Freaking out..." above my avatar rings true now more than ever.

No man, I completely understand. As you can see, I'm already back. Didn't take long for me to get bored of my game :oops:

The only game I could ever play without 'dying' in the first three seconds was Tetris. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), it's still that way, and now I am worse at Tetris than when I was a kid! I STILL want a Wii though... maybe Tetris will be better on it!!

No man, I completely understand. As you can see, I'm already back. Didn't take long for me to get bored of my game :oops:

:lol::lol:I don't know why everything is cracking me up tonight...Kind of like that feeling when you're on no sleep, and you start laughing at everything....Ehhh, or also when you're going mad I suppose...:scared:

The only game I could ever play without 'dying' in the first three seconds was Tetris. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), it's still that way, and now I am worse at Tetris than when I was a kid! I STILL want a Wii though... maybe Tetris will be better on it!!

I *heart* Tetris! :love:

That can't be what would keep you out. Last year, I knew a girl who got into Baylor with that. I've known people to get UTSW with a 27. Honestly, I wouldn't stress the MCAT (unless your gpa is really low I guess).

So I am seriously considering taking the year to graduate (probably by August now), find a job and make some money to lower my current debt a bit, and add more volunteering and shadowing while studying for the MCAT in the fall so I can take it in January 2009 (and May again if necessary). At least this way I can get my application in super early for the 2010 application cycle and class of 2014, and make it a pretty darn strong application too hopefully.

I think the gap is perfectly justified. I mean, med schools all say they want to see an improvement in your application, and really, how can you do anything truly substantial between one application year and the very next? It seems like the only time you have is the summer, and by then you would already be working on primaries, so whatever you did may not make in onto the primary for med schools to see. Don't get me wrong, not trying to discourage anyone from doing back-to-back cycles, but just my thoughts.

I just got guitar hero III for the wii and its pretty fun. I don't know why but I never thought it would be a game I would like but it's not too bad. I can only play any video game for a while so I don't think its going to help me pass the time so much.

Does anyone think that schools can just access our profiles without changing anything (i.e. status) therefore keeping the LMU the same? Because I feel like schools all have our info and that they don't need to change anything to our applications in order to accept/decline us, ya know?

Anyway, just saying that I figure if you have interviewed at a school, they have the info and if they didn't, they wouldn't have to change anything to get it. My two cents

I thought it was a pill...either way it is a very cool avatar.

It is a pill, but I think it was cyclingmo who also called it a pickle back when I first changed it.....I can't remember.

i think im most excited about starting to meet classmates (online...). im still waiting to hear from schools outside of texas, but i am very heavily leaning towards utsw. i cant wait until people start committing to their school in texas.

i think it will help pass the time for us. seven months is a long freakin' time!

I have to agree with everyone else, Ashley. Your avatar is awesome. It's so...zen. Very calming indeed!

I just got guitar hero III for the wii and its pretty fun. I don't know why but I never thought it would be a game I would like but it's not too bad. I can only play any video game for a while so I don't think its going to help me pass the time so much.
have you ever heard of "trauma center" for the wii? you work in an ER and perform surgeries using the wii controller like a scalpel. i just got a wii and cant wait to have that for med school.

So I am wondering who out there is like myself in that they have no pre-matches and are waiting on match to see if they will be going to med school at all this year.

have you ever heard of "trauma center" for the wii? you work in an ER and perform surgeries using the wii controller like a scalpel. i just got a wii and cant wait to have that for med school.
I love that game! I saw that there is a new one out and might try it when I get some extra money. I really like the older one though. I was still trying to get past dismantling the bomb last time I played.

So I am wondering who out there is like myself in that they have no pre-matches and are waiting on match to see if they will be going to med school at all this year.

Guilty.

OK, I think I'm done posting for the night. Dunno if I'm gonna make it on here at all tomorrow, so I want to wish everyone who's waiting good luck tomorrow!

ugh! So much for trying to sleep through until tomorrow.

All the meds I'm on for my new bronchitis have made me not sleep, and something has seriously messed up my stomach. I'm considering asking CVS for my money back on the cough syrup with codeine - it was about the foulest stuff I've ever tasted, and now I'm experiencing it again...:barf::barf:

Sorry, TMI, I know. But the stress is not doing good things to me either. It is officially (well, not offially, but actually) match day.

16 hours, 51 minutes.

calico-I think you have a good idea. Taking the MCAT while doing your dissertation will not only cause added stress but also hinder your ability to knock down that MCAT. I am going to do what you did (a year ago?) If (God forbids) If I don't get in, I will work in a lab from 9-5pm and then go home and study for the MCAT.

Texas2012-ahhhhhhh!!:eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.