The Rearview Mirror: Match Day Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone hacked my account and changed my avatar!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have a practical tomorrow that I just can't get motivated to study for. It's the DO exam thing (OMT lab practical), and 3 stations are over the sacrum and innominates. Sucks!

Doctor. Doctor. Doctor. Doctor.

Whoever gets the quote wins the internets.

I think I must recuse myself from answering, since I know the movie and have been using the line for the past 4 years in med school.

Hint for those not knowing it: Think 80s Comedy about the Cold War.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hopefully my neighbors in the library will pass it off as that as well, as I laugh uncontrollably!
hehe...at least nemo is in one piece now.

So, this weekend was pretty rough on me, as I slept for 14 hours last night.
I do feel better, and you could have mistaken me for the unfreezing process of Austin Powers as well.

tkim wins the internet.
Apollyon quoted a scene from "Young Doctors in Love". He gets 50% off of the internet for the quote, and also because I had to say an oath friday that mentioned him (sort of).

I spent the last few days looking for a new place. We found an awesome new huge condo 9 miles north of the hospital for an amazing price. There is also a nice park near it with a lake so I can rent a boat and do some fishing in the woods as a break from residency. We also had a great time in the city and went to a Reds game. We also went to some of the best restaurants we've ever been to. All I have to say is "haha" to all the Cinci haters. :D

I spent the last few days looking for a new place. We found an awesome new huge condo 9 miles north of the hospital for an amazing price. There is also a nice park near it with a lake so I can rent a boat and do some fishing in the woods as a break from residency. We also had a great time in the city and went to a Reds game. We also went to some of the best restaurants we've ever been to. All I have to say is "haha" to all the Cinci haters. :D

Which neighborhood is that? I am hoping to find a place I like online so I can avoid a trip out since I am all traveled out after 5 weeks in China. But we'll see how it goes...

I want to move...not for another year for me though. Oh well, I'm sure it will fly...just don't know how well long-distance relationship will hold up (he's going to move, I'm staying). Gotta make most of the summer I guess.

Which neighborhood is that? I am hoping to find a place I like online so I can avoid a trip out since I am all traveled out after 5 weeks in China. But we'll see how it goes...

Sent you a PM. :)

Congrats man! My trip with my GF to Cinci turned out to be a great time also. Although we did "do" the city in only three days, we found there was plenty to keep us entertained and also found some great restaurants (plus you can't beat Graeter's ice cream!). All this with a cheap COL and is should be a fun time for us incoming 'terns.

Oh btw Dancemedic...I found a place in Hyde Park. When I last spoke to Lisa, she said one of the other interns also found a place in the Hyde Park. Check it out, lots of great deals!

sup peeps been a while. finally off of trauma and surgery. Time to hit the books and catch up on all the stuff I need to do on my honey-do list.

Congrats man! My trip with my GF to Cinci turned out to be a great time also. Although we did "do" the city in only three days, we found there was plenty to keep us entertained and also found some great restaurants (plus you can't beat Graeter's ice cream!). All this with a cheap COL and is should be a fun time for us incoming 'terns.

Oh btw Dancemedic...I found a place in Hyde Park. When I last spoke to Lisa, she said one of the other interns also found a place in the Hyde Park. Check it out, lots of great deals!

You guys are totally getting me psyched about Cinci! :D

Hyde Park is where I'm looking and hopefully I'll hear back about some of the places that I liked...

Hey SG, I think you may have been the first of us to graduate. Does that mean we can defer all questions to you since you would have been a doctor longer than the rest of us? :p

(plus you can't beat Graeter's ice cream!). All this with a cheap COL and is should be a fun time for us incoming 'terns.

There is a Graeter's just down the street from where we found a place, but more importantly a Panera Bread. We would suffer without one since we are so dependent on the ones near us in Tampa. With the low cost for our luxury condo, I'll be able to furnish it with a 42" flat screen in no time. :D

Thinking of food in Cinci makes me want a burger from Arthur's Cafe in Hyde Park right now...

Hey SG, I think you may have been the first of us to graduate. Does that mean we can defer all questions to you since you would have been a doctor longer than the rest of us? :p

Besides the Cinci trip, all I've done since becoming a doctor is sleep, watch TV, and training my boxer obedience so she isn't hyper beyond control around new people. Every now and then, when I look at the diploma, I have moments of sheer excitement and terror that I'm a doctor and will be an intern in just a few weeks! :)

I'm trying to get stuff packed, but I'm finding little motivation to do it. I can't wait to move though, it was hard to come back to my current apartment after finding our sweet ass sweet place in Cinci. I'm excited that I get to try fresh water fishing in a wooded area, and I can still play golf, both near where I live, at least 3 seasons of the year. Hopefully I'll have a new driver soon so I don't look like a fool swinging the crappy one I have now.

I'm going down to Miami for a few days to visit the family again and to go to a friend's graduation from med school. Should be fun!

Both y'all can kiss my still in finals butt!

Todd's answer should be "where and when?" but it's just wrong for me to say it.
When are your finals over?

I have been done with exams since Friday afternoon, and it feels like it has been a really long time already. I think I am going to really enjoy this break!

Oh ya, is anyone here going to the ACOEP conference in San Diego this fall? I am going and am really excited to go (missed last year's conference). As an added bonus, I will get to see my sister for a little bit (she lives there).

So I decided to start the workout habit up again. Hopefully I keep it this time. Because it's the summer and I have nothing to do, I decided to go for 2 1/2 hours today. Probably going to pay for it big time tomorrow though.

Done w/ my last finals week and basic sciences forever! Now theres just that pesky little 8 hr, 350 online exam in less than 4 weeks...

Props to Fetus and Will for the words of wisdom! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Phew....back from my good friends wedding and I had a blast. I gotta say that being a groomsman was more fun than I expected it to be.

Today I'm finishing up with the final details (shopping, etc) for Costa Rica! Leavin' bright and early tomorrow morning for 11 days. Can't wait!

Also...to all you Cinci peeps, what do you guys think of the email we got from Andra on Friday?

WHO JUST FINISHED HER PHARM FINAL?

Bet you can't guess?!?!

Also...to all you Cinci peeps, what do you guys think of the email we got from Andra on Friday?

Can't see how it will affect us very much, if at all. Also not surprised because it was close to that time. (vague enough :D)

Just got back from Miami. It was interesting to see how another med school does their graduation.

So I decided to start the workout habit up again.

I decided I need to as well, starting tonight. If I'm still in this shape in a month, I'm going to struggle like hell with moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.