The Rearview Mirror: Match Day Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet Tea? Just kidding. Now you can go relax right?

I'm sorry what? I was napping. I love being a grad. :D (well, I love it now...give me a few weeks and I'll change my tune)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sup guys! Back in the ED and loving it!

How is it that as soon as I have time off it seems that I have tons of stuff to do? I guess it could be because I have held off on doing things for so long that things just accumulate. Oh well...after tomorrow, maybe a lot of the list will be crossed off.

Sorry you are bored, Todd.

I am boring, but NOT bored :). Finished finals, drank WAY too much, convalesced yesterday, cleaning/packing/whatnot today.

Today I learned you can buy 48oz of frozen drink made with grain alcohol in Key West. All for the bargain price of $25. Apparently, if you drink it all, you can get a refill for $15. That is all.

quick before they close it out :laugh:

Graduation Today!....yipee.

The better part is tonight. The president of my class and I are buds and he had me bring an enclosed trailer to pickup more booze than I have ever seen before for our class party!! Beer, Wine, Margarita stuff plus the machines, vodka, tequila, jim beam, amaretto, and I am sure there were some others in all those boxes I did not even see.

The drats part is that its after 6AM and I had to get up this earlier to go haul it over and help set up... and I have to stay until 3AM tonight to clean much of it up!....

Members don't see this ad :)
Graduation Today!....yipee.

The better part is tonight. The president of my class and I are buds and he had me bring an enclosed trailer to pickup more booze than I have ever seen before for our class party!! Beer, Wine, Margarita stuff plus the machines, vodka, tequila, jim beam, amaretto, and I am sure there were some others in all those boxes I did not even see.

The drats part is that its after 6AM and I had to get up this earlier to go haul it over and help set up... and I have to stay until 3AM tonight to clean much of it up!....

Sounds like you could bribe some help to assist. :hardy:

Class of 2008 is coming and will put path further in our rearview mirror!

Even this last page is taking forever...

I have been sleeping way too much for my own good. When I have to work all day and not nap again, it is going to kill me.

How did I amass so much junk living at the poverty level for the last 4 years? :confused:

How did I amass so much junk living at the poverty level for the last 4 years? :confused:

My trick to avoid accumulating stuff is keeping my living space to only 11x14. This means I do not have room for anything that is not absolutely mission critical to my existence. Ah, the joys of living at the poverty level in NYC.

Ugh...not only do I live in a fairly large apartment, but I'm not moving until I move for residency. It's gonna be a pain in the @$$!

On another note - Step 1 study blows.

So true, when you're studying for Step 1 every day's gloomy.

On a different slightly higher note, when did the 'mullet' come back in style? I just moved up to Detroit for clerkship and I've seen some awesome mullets in the past couple days. (Men and women, alike)

So true, when you're studying for Step 1 every day's gloomy.

On a different slightly higher note, when did the 'mullet' come back in style? I just moved up to Detroit for clerkship and I've seen some awesome mullets in the past couple days. (Men and women, alike)

ughh...ewww...:barf:

I saw an autopsy for the first time today. Survived better than I expected I would :)

My trick to avoid accumulating stuff is keeping my living space to only 11x14. This means I do not have room for anything that is not absolutely mission critical to my existence. Ah, the joys of living at the poverty level in NYC.

That's a good trick, unfortunately I'm moving into a 1540 sq. feet condo and will be making some kind of money. It's going to be hard to not acquire more junk during residency.

Sorry I've been MIA, y'all. Been trying to limit my procrastination to the Lounge while I study for Step 1. Feel free to come say hi!

I'm sure everyone's pumped and just a li'l terrified about all the upcoming changes in their lives - so good luck everyone!

I start third year orientation on June 25th and will be foisted upon unsuspecting family medicine patients on July 9th. WOOHOOO!

Step 1 - June 21st :eek:

We need a new title. My suggestion: "The Class of '08 may be here, but we're biding our time 'til the Class of '09"

:p

'Cause all y'all can't wait to try to figure out who I am on the interview trail!!!

I have been sleeping way too much for my own good. When I have to work all day and not nap again, it is going to kill me.

No such thing. :)

HOLY CRAP! I just got my pharm grade back. Suffice it to say - I didn't know I knew that much pharm!!!! HOLY CRAP!

HOLY CRAP! I just got my pharm grade back. Suffice it to say - I didn't know I knew that much pharm!!!! HOLY CRAP!

I get that every once in a while, but then I realize how much I forgot since the exam :D

Congrats!! Hopefully you'll remember it all for step I.

I'm back in Miami again, and I helped my sister out with how to answer questions for step I. It brought back nightmares. That was the hardest part of med school for me.

Congrats!! Hopefully you'll remember it all for step I.

I'm back in Miami again, and I helped my sister out with how to answer questions for step I. It brought back nightmares. That was the hardest part of med school for me.

Yeah Step I was a dark time. Glad I won't be reliving it again.

So I just put everything together today...if everyone graduates on time, there will be 4 in my family graduating at the same time (could be some in the same day). Here's the list:
Me: med school
Sister 1: undergrad
Sister 2: high school
Sister 3: 8th grade

Kind of weird, but somewhat good news is that sister 1 is doing a 6 year program for undergrad, so if she sticks with it, she won't graduate until 2 years later.

My sis and I were going to be graduating the same year, but the little bugger is going the overachiever route and finishing college in 3 years (which is probably good, 'cause she took two years off before she started). We wouldn't have graduated the same day, though, because my med school graduates during the week and her college does their graduation on the weekend :).

So I just put everything together today...if everyone graduates on time, there will be 4 in my family graduating at the same time (could be some in the same day). Here's the list:
Me: med school
Sister 1: undergrad
Sister 2: high school
Sister 3: 8th grade

Kind of weird, but somewhat good news is that sister 1 is doing a 6 year program for undergrad, so if she sticks with it, she won't graduate until 2 years later.

I get how parents divide up two graduations on the same day...but until magicians figure out how to cut people in half for real, how is your fam going to deal with this one? The hard part is, all of the graduations are meaningful (no one is graduating from 9th grade or something stupid like that)...

Stealing wifi from parents' neighbors +pad+ :banana:

Family Guy meets Chuck Norris

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEtldtQU5yE[/YOUTUBE]

Another clip from the same episode, one of the best ones in a while...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lCew8Me9yZg[/YOUTUBE]

Status
Not open for further replies.