*** The Official USC School of Dentistry Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Hiiii. How was it? Can you share your experience? Please :). Was the interview closed file?

It was pretty much closed file. It was great! Really chill. They managed to make MMI not as scary as I thought it would be!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
It was pretty much closed file. It was great! Really chill. They managed to make MMI not as scary as I thought it would be!
That's great! Congratulation! Did you have to spend all 6 minutes to discuss each MMI question? I feel like I can talk that long for one scenario :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for sharing your experience. Was there any writing prompt in addition to MMI and group interview? How many stations of MMI were there and how much time was allocated to each station?

Hey guys, for those who got interview at USC how did you fill out the profile doc questions that they sent. Did you just copy and past the experience section of changed it according to them?

Reactions: 1 user
How did you prep for it?

I just brushed up on some ethics topics and practiced responses for a few sample questions. Nothing major! There are some really great videos on YouTube too of lectures about ethics.

That's great! Congratulation! Did you have to spend all 6 minutes to discuss each MMI question? I feel like I can talk that long for one scenario :(

Yes! But the interviewers have prompts to keep you talking. There was never really any awkward silence.

• Love
Starting to worry a bit about not getting an interview yet! I applied in June, so I'm hoping this doesn't mean they've decided not to offer me an interview and moved on..

Declining my interview here, good luck everyone :)

I am so nervous about this cycle im a reapplicant..... my application got verified first week of September...
I got an acceptance call the Friday of orientation week because someone dropped out but I was at work and by the time I called back they said they called the next person on the waitlist and they took the spot.... im really worried because admissions told me this doesn't mean anything for my application this year and I still haven't gotten an interview...does anyone have any advice for me?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an acceptance call the Friday of orientation week because someone dropped out but I was at work and by the time I called back they said they called the next person on the waitlist and they took the spot....

This would mess me up faster than Agatha and her Dragonite from the Elite Four in Pokemon Blue.

Reactions: 2 users
I am so nervous about this cycle im a reapplicant..... my application got verified first week of September...
I got an acceptance call the Friday of orientation week because someone dropped out but I was at work and by the time I called back they said they called the next person on the waitlist and they took the spot.... im really worried because admissions told me this doesn't mean anything for my application this year and I still haven't gotten an interview...does anyone have any advice for me?

PM me I have a couple questions for you

Interview #3
School:
USC
Notification date: 9/12/19
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/24
Application complete date: 7/25
GPA (science, overall): 3.55, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/22/21/none

I got one today, 3.4 GPA 27AA 29TS 26pat. In state. Going 10/23

Uhhh I just received an invitation to attend their dental hygiene open house.... I'm insulted

Hey guys, for those of you who already interviewed at USC, did your status changed to wait list after as well?

Is this a soft way of telling us no??
From USC Admissions:

"Thank you for reaching out. I can officially state that this is not true. An invitation to the Open House, is not a rejection to the dental program at all. Please post that and let people know. At some point you and others might have wanted to learn more about the programs and clicked on both DDS and Dental Hygiene. We invited anyone who mentioned that they wanted to learn about Dental Hygiene. We realize it might have been a mistake and if you are not interested in Dental Hygiene, please just disregard the email. "

So, no, this isn't a "soft rejection".

I have not heard back from the school yet. Is it a good idea to call and say that this school is a top choice for me, so I would appreciate if they can update me on my application status?

From USC Admissions:

"Thank you for reaching out. I can officially state that this is not true. An invitation to the Open House, is not a rejection to the dental program at all. Please post that and let people know. At some point you and others might have wanted to learn more about the programs and clicked on both DDS and Dental Hygiene. We invited anyone who mentioned that they wanted to learn about Dental Hygiene. We realize it might have been a mistake and if you are not interested in Dental Hygiene, please just disregard the email. "

So, no, this isn't a "soft rejection".

AMAZING. Thank you very much!

Interview #13
School: Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Notification date: 10/14
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 06/09
GPA (science, overall): 3.42, 3.47
Interview Date: November 6 and November 13

Interview #13
School: Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC
Residency: FL
Application complete date: 06/09
GPA (science, overall): 3.42, 3.47
Interview Date: November 6 and November 13

13 interviews holy cow. Good luck! Do you mind sharing your DAT and/or date you submitted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

13 interviews holy cow. Good luck! Do you mind sharing your DAT and/or date you submitted?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
Thank you, send me a private message. I don’t feel comfortable sharing my dat score here. I applied early— around June 9.

Interview #2
School:
USC Herman Ostrow
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/17
Application complete date: 07/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.62

I don't think I've ever been this excited/happy. The painful wait for an interview from my dream school is over.

For those who already interviewed, how was the overall experience?

Last edited:
Has anyone recieved a waitlist email right after they interviewed?

I just received this today and I don’t know how to feel since I literally interviewed yesterday. I hope this doesn’t mean I am at the bottom of the waitlisting list.
85D9B436-DAED-4560-BAD1-DCF22616A903.png

That is interesting! I thought dental schools couldn’t let students know of acceptance or waitlist until after December 1...?

I just received this today and I don’t know how to feel since I literally interviewed yesterday. I hope this doesn’t mean I am at the bottom of the waitlisting list.
View attachment 283674

That is interesting! I thought dental schools couldn’t let students know of acceptance or waitlist until after December 1...?

EVERYONE who interviews at USC is automatically put on the waitlist. Has no bearing on your application, that’s just how they do things, so don’t stress about it.

View attachment 283674
No worries. Everyone receives this email after their interview. It is normal. I remember the counselor said that everyone is waitlisted after their interview.

No worries. Everyone receives this email after their interview. It is normal. I remember the counselor said that everyone is waitlisted after their interview.

Thank u so much!

How long did people write their answers on the Educational Background portion of the documents USC sends after they invite your for an interview? Also, did you hand write your answers or type them?

Thank you in advance

How long did people write their answers on the Educational Background portion of the documents USC sends after they invite your for an interview? Also, did you hand write your answers or type them?

Thank you in advance

I've been typing up the answers using PDF filler with 12 font, but I'm also curious about this. It seems formal to type it up, but what if they want it written by hand?

I've been typing up the answers using PDF filler with 12 font, but I'm also curious about this. It seems formal to type it up, but what if they want it written by hand?

I just called and they said you can hand write or type, there is no preference

Just out of curiosity, are reapplicants interview process different?

I am going to interview on 30th this month. I am nervous about the MMI any recommendations? please give me some advice
thanks

i am a in state resident and my application was submitted mid-august. should i be worried about not getting an interview invite from usc? does usc send invite for instate mostly later in the cycle? or is it due to my stat being mediocre?
GPA of around 3.5ish and DAT AA 23

i am a in state resident and my application was submitted mid-august. should i be worried about not getting an interview invite from usc? does usc send invite for instate mostly later in the cycle? or is it due to my stat being mediocre?
GPA of around 3.5ish and DAT AA 23
My GPA is 3.9 and my AA is 24. I applied in early July, and I have not heard back yet. So I do not think it is because of your stats. I think we should just try being patient.

Reactions: 2 users
My GPA is 3.9 and my AA is 24. I applied in early July, and I have not heard back yet. So I do not think it is because of your stats. I think we should just try being patient.
thank you so much! fingers crossed!