The Official Unofficial Off-Topic Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aw, hell, now it's friggin' nerd land in here. Come on, where's the talk about sports? Where's the talk about dating philosophies? Where's a good old fashioned thread fight over ideals?

This is why the pharmacy board is laughing at us.

Members don't see this ad.

Aw, hell, now it's friggin' nerd land in here. Come on, where's the talk about sports? Where's the talk about dating philosophies? Where's a good old fashioned thread fight over ideals?

NCAA football thread, Sociopolitical, and um, lounge(?) in that order. Though really, the NCAA thread is the only one worth reading. And they laugh at you because of the What are my chances threads, not the nerdy ones. I miss the dung beetle science fair project thread from last year actually.

Members don't see this ad :)

They're laughing at how some nerds feel the urge to display their normalness on an online forum by discussing things that would grant them "acceptance" by their peers. Well, not quite... but truth be told- if you're applying or already in pharmacy school, chances are, you are a nerd. :laugh:

They're laughing at how some nerds feel the urge to display their normalness on an online forum by discussing things that would grant them "acceptance" by their peers. Well, not quite... but truth be told- if you're applying or already in pharmacy school, chances are, you are a nerd. :laugh:

Truth. I get to act 'normal' enough in the real world. :thumbup:

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Farah Fawcette and MJ in one day... tragic.

I was a fan of the King of Pop's music for almost 2 decades... Not withstanding his personal troubles, he was such an innovator. I'll never forget the"Thriller" music video...

To further wax philosophically, isn't brilliance almost always co-morbid with troubled mental state?

Seems that way, at least in the arts. Being able to see the world more clearly than others... maybe it's too much for people?

The rest of us have to go through life content to see though gauze. :\

Yeah, think I'm kind of wandering out into left field here...

In completely unrelated news, holy freakin' crap Rooster Sauce is hotter than I remember. :O

I'm so sad. I felt like he was some kind of immortal creature.
RIP MJ :(

I know this does not fit the pharmacy forum but i must express my feelings here. I am really broken down and i am going to miss Michael Jackson:(. I know he had personal Issues in his life but I am in tears right now. I hope my post doesnt upset you guys because it is not pharmacy related. However, I can remember those days in high school when i peformed the hit song "Thriller" It was one of the most memorable events in my life and I just need to vent my feelings. I also loved "Black and White", " We are the world." Michael was truly the greatest pop star of all time. One album sold between 49 mil-100 mil copies. I will always miss you Michael. Feel free to express your thoughts.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson

I completely understand. My absolute favorite is "Rock With You". I was completely floored when my sister called me to tell me. I know he had controversy surrounding him, but he was still a great artist. He will be missed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Michael Jackson was one of the best entertainers we ever had. He is a legend and will be missed by many. I have too many favorite songs to list, but Thriller has to be the best one ever. May he R.I.P. =*(

First Farrah Fawcett, and then Michael Jackson. I was shocked when I found out. Just a couple of nights ago I looked up "We Are the World" and "Why" with 3T on youtube. He was a great talent. May he rest in peace.

I am really saddened by his death. I saw MJ in Beverly Hills just a month ago and he was so nice. Sad, sad day.

It is so sad to see two great people(Michael and Farrah) pass away on the same day. Death has no friends. Its snatches anyone away without considering the pain and agony. It is so hard to believe. This guy has had a rocky lifetime. The stress was too much for him to handle. I dont know what caused his death but i suspect a few things. Either stress, overdose(anti depressants and pain killers), or personal problems that may have caused this tragedy. It is such a sad day.

Last edited:
RIP Michael, Farraw, Ed McMahon, and David Carridine... why are such influential and good people dying? ::sigh:: That's ok, they are all amongst the greatest of angels :)

I've never seen people so upset about a weird child molester dying

They are upset because his music touched millions of hearts and minds around the world.

Yeah and his hands touched millions of.... I'm gonna take the high road this time :cool:

Yeah and his hands touched millions of.... I'm gonna take the high road this time :cool:

although it is sad, i think there are more important things to be sad about which the media never focuses on. I personally disliked his music and his life had A TON of weird and questionable acts that i did not agree with.

I also think it's horrific when there are people dying for this country in war and they get little to no recognition at all...today's society is just down right sad. I know others don't feel this way, but this is my opinion.

I am not going to flame others for being sad over the death of a pop star, but i do believe that there are more important things that should have been reported tonight....check out real news sources and you'll know what i am talking about.

anyways, RIP jackson

What do Michael Jackson and Wal-Mart have in comm... nevermind.

RIP Michael, Farraw, Ed McMahon, and David Carridine... why are such influential and good people dying? ::sigh:: That's ok, they are all amongst the greatest of angels :)

cos they are getting old and we all die?

I don't really consider 50 or 62 to be that old in 2009...

well in celebrity years that is long enough, stress, pill poping more stress and even more pill popping thats why they all die soon and tragically too. Plus I know countries that have lower life expectancies I am from one of them. Death is a part of living.

Acknowledging Michael Jackson's death feels surreal. One part of me believes that such cultural icons cannot die and in a sense they do not. But such events do highlight the frailty of human life and every time this occurs, I tell myself to live more altruistically. Most of the time I find myself ignoring that conclusion, only to believe once again in a false sense of invulnerability, but occasionally I do listen. Anyways, despite Michael's rather controversial life, I think there are some things we can pick up from his life and demise.

What do Michael Jackson and Wal-Mart have in comm... nevermind.

yeah, I dont get it either.

One is an african american pop star who happened to be accused of child molestation in 2002, while the other is a retail giant who likes to offer low, low prices on everyday goods.

I see almost no similarity.

One is an african american pop star who happened to be accused of child molestation in 2002, while the other is a retail giant who likes to offer low, low prices on everyday goods.

Maybe the owner of Walmart (Walton) is rich and so is Michael. Thats about the ONLY similarity I can see.

No similarities...aside from the fact that both are well known for often having boys' pants 1/2 off?

That's the punch line. Yeah, I know...it's tasteless.

Damn, I'd feel weird and late to the party hopping into that thread now.

I also feel dirty posting in that forum.

I guess I'll pass on that one...

Yeah, I know...all those girls posting and whatnot. Girls are icky. :laugh:

This is about as cool as being a Science nerd gets.

And the peak of cool science nerd-dom:
1183111305825.jpg

I was a part of that thread early on... until it hit about three pages. Then I left it alone for a week or so and now it's way too long to read. Holy crap, that's a lot of opinions!

Nuggets drafted Ty Lawson. This I like I lot.

ABORTION IMMIGRATION SAME-SEX MARRIAGE STEM CELLS IRAQ PEAK OIL EVOLUTION GLOBAL WARMING

There we go.

Nah, Affirmative Action is the topic that will piss everyone off. But I am in a very good mood today so I will leave that topic alone for right now. ;)

WHY?????? I wanted your opinion the MOST. POST IN THAT THREAD NOW or at least tell me you agree with me. :D

That's what I'm talking about. That's the kind of hot debate that this thread needs. Quick, someone say something controversial!

Sammy Sosa belongs in the hall of fame. Kobe Bryant is the best player ever. So is LeBron James. NASCAR is better than football.