The top thread in the official pharmacy forum is about how REAL PharmDs can't find jobs...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impatientcollegestudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
And the actual students are having a hard time finding a job in their areas. Everyone here should go visit that sub forum to get some real perspective instead of hanging out here. For all those who deny and don't believe. Go take a look at the pharmacy forum where VERIFIED and REAL pharmacists,graduates, and students are talking about how bad the job market is in their area. Seriously, go save yourselves guys. I have finalized my decision to go into CRNA, if anyone is interested in this field feel free to PM me or ask me here. It is high in demand and I know of a few students (3 friends) going through the switch over from pharmacy to CRNA now. I will be doing the same.

Visit "how bad is the job market in your area" in the pharmacy forum to get some REAL insight.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
And the actual students are having a hard time finding a job in their areas. Everyone here should go visit that sub forum to get some real perspective instead of hanging out here. For all those who deny and don't believe. Go take a look at the pharmacy forum where VERIFIED and REAL pharmacists,graduates, and students are talking about how bad the job market is in their area. Seriously, go save yourselves guys. I have finalized my decision to go into CRNA, if anyone is interested in this field feel free to PM me or ask me here. It is high in demand and I know of a few students (3 friends) going through the switch over from pharmacy to CRNA now. I will be doing the same.

RPH since 2013, Tech since 2005 here. It is widely known about employment situation nationwide, RX is still a decent choice in certain rural areas like mine. Awful choice in many urban areas. Also keep in mind tuition of rx vs others

Is it easy to switch from RPH to CRNA or do I need an RN associate/bachelor? Prob will not do it just curious

I just saw it. It's ridiculous....only seems like it's getting worse and worse with no end to it at all anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Lil Homie/Shawty you are on every thread here on SDN crying wolf about saturation in the pharmacy profession .The Top threads here about pharmacy saturation have you either picking fights with people or telling them not to go into pharmacy:yawn:. Pre pharm. students know about this so it's no big deal. It was even a discussion during my interviews and people travelled all the way from California to compete for the available seats in these programs.

I have finalized my decision to go into CRNA, if anyone is interested in this field feel free to PM me or ask me here

People make career choices for different reasons and not for the money and if you still think otherwise then you need to grow up.I'm from the Tri state area and some CRNA programs are switching to Doctorate and might become as saturated as pharmacy in future.I understand pharmacy school could be a bad investment if you attend a ridiculously expensive school but it's still a decent paying profession. In one of my posts I responded to someone who thinks nursing is the holy grail and the easiest way to make a good salary in healthcare of the challenges in the field. I have dated and met nurses who would come home from their shift and feel like jumping off a building. Anyway I wish you would succeed in scaring a whole bunch of pre pharms so that the saturation in the profession would reduce...:claps:

Reactions: 4 users
Lil Homie/Shawty you are on every thread here on SDN crying wolf about saturation in the pharmacy profession .The Top threads here about pharmacy saturation have you either picking fights with people or telling them not to go into pharmacy:yawn:. Pre pharm. students know about this so it's no big deal. It was even a discussion during my interviews and people travelled all the way from California to compete for the available seats in these programs.

I have finalized my decision to go into CRNA, if anyone is interested in this field feel free to PM me or ask me here

People make career choices for different reasons and not for the money and if you still think otherwise then you need to grow up.I'm from the Tri state area and some CRNA programs are switching to Doctorate and might become as saturated as pharmacy in future.I understand pharmacy school could be a bad investment if you attend a ridiculously expensive school but it's still a decent paying profession. In one of my posts I responded to someone who thinks nursing is the holy grail and the easiest way to make a good salary in healthcare of the challenges in the field. I have dated and met nurses who would come home from their shift and feel like jumping off a building. Anyway I wish you would succeed in scaring a whole bunch of pre pharms so that the saturation in the profession would reduce...:claps:

Good luck man I'm just trying to help all the desperate people here like I once was. And I don't pick fights with people unless they start it with me(which is what happened). I'm not scaring people, I'm informing them because to my knowledge there are people here who say they didn't know about it till they saw it and then went ahead to speak to pharmacists themselves. And that's not going to reduce anything man, sdn doesn't cover all applicants at all, so keep hoping.

RPH since 2013, Tech since 2005 here. It is widely known about employment situation nationwide, RX is still a decent choice in certain rural areas like mine. Awful choice in many urban areas. Also keep in mind tuition of rx vs others

Is it easy to switch from RPH to CRNA or do I need an RN associate/bachelor? Prob will not do it just curious

It's not too hard to switch over at all. My current friends are in the process of it. PM me if you want the full details. Basically first research up on some programs in your area and look into their admissions pages.

It's not too hard to switch over at all. My current friends are in the process of it. PM me if you want the full details. Basically first research up on some programs in your area and look into their admissions pages.

Can I PM you too? I'm highly considering this option as well as RN to NP, or Anesthesiologist Assistant. I know you have to do your RN first for CRNA though right?

Can I PM you too? I'm highly considering this option as well as RN to NP, or Anesthesiologist Assistant. I know you have to do your RN first for CRNA though right?

Of course, I'll try my best to help anyone here with this. And to answer your question, yes. Get your RN quick and then you can straight into CRNA. You can get into any accelerated RN path which are just a year to a year and half long. You'll be an RN with a great salary and job while PharmD students are stuck in school with no real future job prospective wise. Then from there you can go onto become an NP or a CRNA with even higher salary, about double that of an RN AND in actually super demand. Do some simple research of your own and you'll see.

Of course, I'll try my best to help anyone here with this. And to answer your question, yes. Get your RN quick and then you can straight into CRNA. You can get into any accelerated RN path which are just a year to a year and half long. You'll be an RN with a great salary and job while PharmD students are stuck in school with no real future job prospective wise. Then from there you can go onto become an NP or a CRNA with even higher salary, about double that of an RN AND in actually super demand. Do some simple research of your own and you'll see.
You must've done sooooooo much research yourself . Dude you seriously need to stop acting like you know everything, your holy grail CRNA field has a very gloomy outlook as well. Many pharmacists in my area are graduating and receiving great jobs with ease. Yeah pharmacy's market isn't great, but neither is the profession you're glorifying. So damn ignorant and sad smh. Same goes to you alhusain, we all know pharmacy is saturated, but to say that there is "no future job perspective-wise" is by no means true for many students. TIL there are 85 more PA schools and 210 more NP schools than pharmacy schools in the US • r/pharmacy

You must've done sooooooo much research yourself . Dude you seriously need to stop acting like you know everything, your holy grail CRNA field has a very gloomy outlook as well. Many pharmacists in my area are graduating and receiving great jobs with ease. Yeah pharmacy's market isn't great, but neither is the profession you're glorifying. So damn ignorant and sad smh. Same goes to you alhusain, we all know pharmacy is saturated, but to say that there is "no future job perspective-wise" is by no means true for many students. TIL there are 85 more PA schools and 210 more NP schools than pharmacy schools in the US • r/pharmacy
Enjoy your NP saturation btw :)

I have also noticed that 70% of the saturation posts have been either created by you or you made a comment on other people's thread. You have to realize some people aren't going into pharmacy for the money or job security. Some people actually care and are passionate about the field of pharmacy. It sucks to see someone who considered pharmacy only for superficial reasons.

Enjoy your NP saturation btw :)

Hey dude check this out.

Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Registered Nurses : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Meanwhile pharmacy is at 3% (much slower than national average LOL)

You're in heavy denial my friend. And next time don't post a Reddit forum as a source or evidence. PA schools might open up more but they're not scams like pharmacy schools are lol. It's A LOT harder and they actually have standard to get in. Pharmacy schools literally will take anyone, even someone who references a Reddit thread as proof in an argument.

I have also noticed that 70% of the saturation posts have been either created by you or you made a comment on other people's thread. You have to realize some people aren't going into pharmacy for the money or job security. Some people actually care and are passionate about the field of pharmacy. It sucks to see someone who considered pharmacy only for superficial reasons.

70%? Dude search up saturation in the sdn forum right now, and you will see these threads have been in existence ever since pharmacy started to slide downhill really fast. Even before I came on this site deciding on pharmacy myself...

Members don't see this ad :)

Yea I understand why you're so mad. But please don't call me out. This guys recent threads made me go out there and talk to recent grads and local pharmacists myself. What he says is indeed true, especially in my area. It may be a passion for some but I still don't want end up jobless. The other schools you mentioned if you noticed may have more schools but they have higher standards or admissions. Doesn't matter how many more they open up, the issue with pharmacy is that they open up new schools every year that literally have no standards of admissions whatsoever. It speaks a lot about the field and it really sucks. I'm not the one in denial here, you clearly are. So don't call me out when I'm trying to ask for help and seek better routes for myself. This is clearly an issue and did you even go see the official pharmacy forum? Yea...none of those guys sound happy at all, just like the grads I spoke to. At least in my area, the field is done and that I can honestly confirm after speaking to several fresh grads and three pharmacists. This was a serious issue for me and I'm glad I stepped up to seek truth. I wouldn't have if it wasn't for impatientstudent. Also, you mention research but there is another thread out there from
Some other guy who posted an actual research study concluding the same things he's saying so...meanwhile you're trying to defend and cover up the truth with useless and meaningless posts that don't really look into actual admissions standards. I'm looking after myself, don't hate on me for that. Argue with the OP all you want though.

Last edited:
If you're no longer interested in pursuing pharmacy why are you even on this forum?

Reactions: 2 users
TBH, this post is redundant. You already post in all other threads about how saturated the field is, so everyone already knows. Mind you, this is public and your free to post what you want, I guess. Just know everyone in this forum who has had an account more than a day knows about the saturation. If they don't care, then why should you?

But I'm pretty sure you know that already....

And are you sure you read through all the post on that forum?? While it is a saturation problem, some of the pharmacist on that thread aren't really realistic. Like the one licensed in 7 states looking for a job, but refuses to apply to a retail pharmacy. And a lot of them are just like that, looking for only hospital jobs without residency or experience. Or the one with a job offer oos, but refuses to move. Plus I saw you on the "how bad is the job market in your area" thread. Plenty of pharmacist on that have commented about job openings in their area, but you only reply to the ones who post that their area has no openings.

*sigh* but this is a free country and regardless of how any of us feel about your post, you're free to keep posting....

Reactions: 1 users
Hey dude check this out.

Nurse Anesthetists, Nurse Midwives, and Nurse Practitioners : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
Registered Nurses : Occupational Outlook Handbook : U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

You're in heavy denial my friend. And next time don't post a Reddit forum as a source or evidence. PA schools might open up more but they're not scams like pharmacy schools are lol. It's A LOT harder and they actually have standard to get in. Pharmacy schools literally will take anyone, even someone who references a Reddit thread as proof in an argument.
Looool NP is an absolute joke to get into. Literally anyone with half a brain can become an NP. Guess what? Oversupply projections take into account growth in the field and the oversupply for NP and PA is still very excessive. Btw I'm not in denial lmao, my twin sisters both just graduated last year and both received grocery store pharmacy jobs right after graduating. You're market might be ****ty, but many areas aren't, so stop generalizing and acting like you know everything

Looool NP is an absolute joke to get into. Literally anyone with half a brain can become an NP. Guess what? Oversupply projections take into account growth in the field and the oversupply for NP and PA is still very excessive. Btw I'm not in denial lmao, my twin sisters both just graduated last year and both received grocery store pharmacy jobs right after graduating. You're market might be ****ty, but many areas aren't, so stop generalizing and acting like you know everything
Your*

Hey dude check this out.

The reddit thread cites the American Association of Nurse Practitioners , what more do you want? Sorry your NP job market isn't as great as you thought it was, no reason to deny facts though. Everyone knows there's saturation in pharmacy, the probes I is with your generalizations of all job markets in the US. Saying nobody is gonna get a job is 100% incorrect & ignorant, you obviously live in a big city and fail to realize there are other locations to work in besides urban areas.

Though a premed, I've swayed between AA and CRNA. For everyone considering CRNA, you'll need your RN, BSN, and at least 1 year of ICU experience (I know it has to be ICU but I think some schools accept ER experience as well) before you can apply to certain CRNA schools. For those considering AA, keep in mind you can only practice in 15 states currently (see link below) and there's only a small number of schools so you'll likely have to move or might be lucky you're already living in one of those states. You'll have to check each school's admissions requirements but you'll need a competitive GPA and a decent MCAT score since there's such a small number of schools. For example, I shadowed an anesthesiologist that introduced me to an AA who went to Case Western Reserve University's program and I believe when he applied to the program, over 2000 students applied and they only accepted 35 students that year.

FAQs

Attachments

• aaaa practice map april 27.pdf
    152.6 KB · Views: 65
The reddit thread cites the American Association of Nurse Practitioners , what more do you want? Sorry your NP job market isn't as great as you thought it was, no reason to deny facts though. Everyone knows there's saturation in pharmacy, the probes I is with your generalizations of all job markets in the US. Saying nobody is gonna get a job is 100% incorrect & ignorant, you obviously live in a big city and fail to realize there are other locations to work in besides urban areas.

I do live in a big city lol. But where do you think a lot of grads want to move to when they get their worthless PharmD? Lmao, not in the middle of freaking nowhere that's for sure! NP and CRNA are difficult compared to pharmacy, everyone knows now the field is flat out joke. People with 2.0s get into pharmacy schools left and right and then beg for jobs on these very forums from other members. You can go check it out for yourself, and judging from your post history it seems like you were very interested in the NP and CRNA field lmao. Facts are facts, deal with it. I'm done preaching just letting this info out there and giving people a chance to actually survive and have a decent livable job in the near future. The truth is no matter what you say, pharmacy is the most damn saturated field out there right now. Go look on YouTube, actual pharmacists talking about it, do your own stuff man.

Another thing that confuses me: how can one want to go from pharmacy, with very little to no patient interaction, to nursing, the health profession with the most patient contact. To me, they are on two opposite ends of the health profession. I understand folks who realized what pharmacy truly is and figure it's not for them. But those going to nursing for job security and pay?? Shadow a nurse FIRST, and then make your decision. Don't make a decision off of the current job market and need, because while there is a need now, you'll be highly disappointed.... it's definitely a profession where it's only rewarding if your passionate about it.

Reactions: 4 users

I see you even started your own thread in the past titled "pharmacy school is really accepting anyone" lol...wow. And you're hating on me and saying anyone with a half a brain can do NP? You're kidding right? Pathetic...

I see you even started your own thread in the past titled "pharmacy school is really accepting anyone" lol...wow. And you're hating on me and saying anyone with a half a brain can do NP? You're kidding right? Pathetic...
Are you dumb? I'm not defending pharmacy schools at all, but what I'm saying is that you're ignorant as hell to believe that NP is so much better. You're pathetic spending your entire life on SDN ranting about pharmacy and in turn switching to a field that also has saturation issues, but continue to glorify that field.

Are you dumb? I'm not defending pharmacy schools at all, but what I'm saying is that you're ignorant as hell to believe that NP is so much better. You're pathetic spending your entire life on SDN ranting about pharmacy and in turn switching to a field that also has saturation issues, but continue to glorify that field.

Yes but schools that have actual standards and require a lot more from their students to get in means anyone with half a brain can do it in your words. Seems like you're the dumb one here...literally no one complains about the crna or NP field like in pharmacy lol. There are no threads on nursing forums where everyone is begging or having to freaking relocate half way across the country to find jobs lol. But in pharmacy there are...

Yes but schools that have actual standards and require a lot more from their students to get in means anyone with half a brain can do it in your words. Seems like you're the dumb one here...literally no one complains about the crna or NP field like in pharmacy lol.
lol that's because they recently started expanding those programs, but at a very rapid pace. There's gonna be an oversupply comparable to if not worse than pharmacy, the stats don't lie

Yes but schools that have actual standards and require a lot more from their students to get in means anyone with half a brain can do it in your words. Seems like you're the dumb one here...literally no one complains about the crna or NP field like in pharmacy lol. There are no threads on nursing forums where everyone is begging or having to freaking relocate half way across the country to find jobs lol. But in pharmacy there are...
That's because you're the only one posting and complaining about the saturation...

lol that's because they recently started expanding those programs, but at a very rapid pace. There's gonna be an oversupply comparable to if not worse than pharmacy, the stats don't lie

Very true. There are 136 accredited pharmacy schools compared to the 351 NP programs. Now NP schools only accept maybe 20 students, so it doesn't seem bad BUT there are only so many minute clinics and MDs willing to employ NPs....

That's because you're the only one posting and complaining about the saturation...

Not at all...look through all of the pharmacy forum itself. Even the pre-pharmacy forum. Even before I came here lol. It's more real than ever now.hell even google it and you'll see infinite people complaining over and across all types of internet boards, even YouTube has many graduates talking about it lol

Very true. There are 136 accredited pharmacy schools compared to the 351 NP programs. Now NP schools only accept maybe 20 students, so it doesn't seem bad BUT there are only so many minute clinics and MDs willing to employ NPs....

Are u kidding? All the big city hospitals take them in, because they are in high demand...

The only stats that don't lie are the ACTUAL stats that are out right now about pharmacy and not anything else. Even projection stats on growth are considerably lower than those professions...

Not at all...look through all of the pharmacy forum itself. Even the pre-pharmacy forum. Even before I came here lol. It's more real than ever now.hell even google it and you'll see infinite people complaining over and across all types of internet boards
No one complains saturation like you do and you're not even a pharmacist nor a pharmacy student....

Because they take a lower pay than MDs. The point is that it will become very saturated, very soon....

Their pay is rising lol. Google it guys. Growth is in all these fields except pharmacy. Don't even take my word for it...please go see yourself. I'm not trying to be a villain here lol.

Their pay is rising lol. Google it guys. Growth is in all these fields except pharmacy. Don't even take my word for it...please go see yourself. I'm not trying to be a villain here lol.

I have. You don't think 351+ NP schools isn't ridiculous?? At some point they'll be "cash cows" esp for those who can't get into MD/DO school.

The job project for pharmacist was great all over the internet a couple years ago despite what actual pharmacist said. You don't think the same is happening here??

you can easily find forums about nursing saturation it isn't that hard.....

High demand + low cost of school + being able to treat patients = everyone jumping wagon = super saturated which will lead to a super increase in cost of tuition

you can easily find forums about nursing saturation it isn't that hard.....

I was a pre-pharm after deciding I may not have a shot in DO. I went to a pharmacist and literally tried to convince me that what I am about to do will destroy my life financially mostly. I then went and spoke to other graduate friends of mine who are having a very very difficult hard pressed time to find a PART TIME job alone, so they can just float.... while one of my nursing buddies is making 80k in NYC and is two years younger than all of us on average lol. What a damn shame....

High demand + low cost of school + being able to treat patients = everyone jumping wagon = super saturated which will lead to a super increase in cost of tuition

Nursing school isn't 40,000 dollars a year for four years for a degree with super low job prospects at the end of the day.

I was a pre-pharm after deciding I may not have a shot in DO. I went to a pharmacist and literally tried to convince me that what I am about to do will destroy my life financially mostly. I then went and spoke to other graduate friends of mine who are having a very very difficult hard pressed time to find a PART TIME job alone, so they can just float.... while one of my nursing buddies is making 80k in NYC and is two years younger than all of us on average lol. What a damn shame....
So you only care about job outlook... that's a shame... nursing can be $40000 a year if you attend private colleges.

Yes passion over job outlook? Be real. you need a job in the first place to even hold that damn "passion."
Sadly you're going nowhere with your life if you only care about job outlooks. You're going to spend your 40 hours a week being miserable and being bossed around by your superiors

Did you get into pharmacy school? Well if its in state then yeah it's going to be cheaper
Yeah it's instate, most quality students don't have this 200k debt that you love to speak of bc we don't go to diploma mills.

Yeah it's instate, most quality students don't have this 200k debt that you love to speak of bc we don't go to diploma mills.
Oops replied to the wrong person

Sadly you're going nowhere with your life if you only care about job outlooks. You're going to spend your 40 hours a week being miserable and being bossed around by your superiors

LMAO. You LITERALLY just described the entire pharmacy profession. Like, I don't think you realize that you just described 90% of the job market for pharmacists. RETAIL CVS chains bossing you around like you're a robot.

Most max 35 at best. All the new schools are literally 40. And why are you speaking like 23k for four years for a worthless degree is lucky? LOL.
omg so worthless lmao. My sisters just graduated last month and both are making 110k+ with that worthless degrees and 50k debt bc they worked during school. Worthless my ass lmaaooo