****The Official University of Michigan Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview!! (2nd) - Canada.

edit: scheduled on 16th, Sept.

Stats: 3.58 oGPA, 3.55 sGPA, 21AA/22TS. Completed date 13th of June, mail out date 24th of June.

Same stats as you and no invite, congrats btw

Members don't see this ad.

Curious if they are like Penn and doing rolling admissions but I have no clue.

I'm just confused because I also have a 21 AA, 22 TS, 3.66 oGPA, 3.59 sGPA and did research and didn't get one.. Hopefully they do rolling invites, that'd really give me some hope. Still on team no interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I called, they said it's a rolling process and that they couldn't give details on when they'll send next. More waiting

I called, they said it's a rolling process and that they couldn't give details on when they'll send next. More waiting

Yasss! That's why I haven't allowed some of these schools that just started invites to get me down. My profs didn't get my letters in until July 10th and I was complete on the 11th. Plenty of people had them done in June so we just have to be patient for a couple weeks. :) I've dreamed of Mich for as long as I've wanted to be a dentist though, so I can't help but being on the verge of tears waiting. D;

Yasss! That's why I haven't allowed some of these schools that just started invites to get me down. My profs didn't get my letters in until July 10th and I was complete on the 11th. Plenty of people had them done in June so we just have to be patient for a couple weeks. :) I've dreamed of Mich for as long as I've wanted to be a dentist though, so I can't help but being on the verge of tears waiting. D;

4 out of my 6 schools I applied to have sent out at least one wave of invites, and I haven't gotten any so yeah trying to keep that same mentality but it's tough haha. Michigan is nice, probably my #2 or 3 after IU.

How are you guys planning to get to the school?

Certainly, it is a forum and one can post whatever s/he wants, but I can guarantee that during the course of interviews on the PhD side of things the question will come up about where else one is applying. Additionally, it is expected that both DDS and DDS/PhD students apply to multiple programs.
My point is that they don't have to reveal anything to *you* on these forums. There is no connection between how much one reveals here vs how much is revealed to adcoms.

My point is that they don't have to reveal anything to *you* on these forums. There is no connection between how much one reveals here vs how much is revealed to adcoms.
I agree, but what I am addressing is the
"It's because answering that question may actually negatively affect my chances if admission committee members see it"
which in my view is borderline conspiracy theory stuff.

Good luck to those who got interviews and those who are still waiting! Interviews go all the way into January so do not worry if you have not heard back yet.

Go Blue!

If anyone wants to split an airbnb or hotel please PM me. Will be there on Sept. 15.

For those of you who got an interview, when did you guys get the application complete and ready for review email from UMICH? I got mine on 7/11, and I didn't get an interview invite. I have 4 interviews so far but UM is my top choice. I'm a Michigan resident and one of my LOR was written by UMICH dental school alumni and faculty. I also work with UMICH dental students at my clinic. I really want to go to this school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got an interview, when did you guys get the application complete and ready for review email from UMICH? I got mine on 7/11, and I didn't get an interview invite. I have 4 interviews so far but UM is my top choice. I'm a Michigan resident and one of my LOR was written by UMICH dental school alumni and faculty. I also work with UMICH dental students at my clinic. I really want to go to this school.

I got mine Jul 1st, so don't worry. I'm sure you'll get an interview sometime this week or next.

Has anyone with MI residency received an interview? From what I've been reading on here it has only been OOS.

Does Michigan send an application complete email or update their status to complete?

Does Michigan send an application complete email or update their status to complete?

They do, but may not update portal after the initial complete date.

Anybody know how often invites go out? I looked at 2020 thread and it looked like nearly 3 weeks before the second round went out!!

hey guys! so I graduated with a psych major and a concentration in social psychology-do you think that they would accept this for the requirement?

hey guys! so I graduated with a psych major and a concentration in social psychology-do you think that they would accept this for the requirement?
Yes, I would bet quite a bit that they do.

Too late to add this school?

I haven't heard any in state getting interviews yet. Should I call them and ask?

Just called them. They said invites are sent out based on when you submitted.

Just called them. They said invites are sent out based on when you submitted.
So if you were first mail-out date and haven't heard anything then that's a pretty bad sign?

MI resident got interview invite today! Dream school

I'd say first AADSAS mail out doesn't matter as much as completed date if they go in order. Not a bad sign yet! (I.e.; my mail out was 6/24 but I didn't get complete until like 7/15).

I'd say first AADSAS mail out doesn't matter as much as completed date if they go in order. Not a bad sign yet! (I.e.; my mail out was 6/24 but I didn't get complete until like 7/15).

I'm 6/24, 7/17, hoping this is right!

On my portal the status is received/application complete. Have people's changed to under review?

If I didn't take sociology yet and I didn't list it as a planned course--will my application automatically be denied? I have a 4 unit sociology planned for next quarter but they require a 5 unit quarter class... I can still easily register for a 5 unit one instead :(

If I didn't take sociology yet and I didn't list it as a planned course--will my application automatically be denied? I have a 4 unit sociology planned for next quarter but they require a 5 unit quarter class... I can still easily register for a 5 unit one instead :(

I called them because I had the same problem with microbiology, and they said they wouldnt deny your application due to course requirements for the interview invite process. They do send out an update in November of any past or future courses, and as long as you take the required course before enrollment then you're fine! But I'd switch to a 5 credit course if that's required, just to be safe. But you should be fine for the interview invites! Just my two cents!

Wasn't a problem for me, I got an interview and will be taking Sociology in the winter semester.

How long does the interview day last, if I bought a flight ticket that leaves at 4:30 would I make it to the airport in time?

How long does the interview day last, if I bought a flight ticket that leaves at 4:30 would I make it to the airport in time?

I don't think so, the schedule says it ends at 4 pm...

It is my dream school too.

hey friends:
I received an email says they received everything except my $75 application fee, once i pay that they will start to go over my apps. Does everyone have the same email like me?

How long until I should be worried? I got the app complete email 7/11 and my last AADSAS update was Application Complete on 7/11. I'm thinking if it goes more than two months without hearing anything it's safe to say my hopes are dashed?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys, if I am planning on retaking my DAT would you recommend paying the $75 fee or waiting. I am just worried they will make a decision before I have a chance to retake. Or do they not reject until December?

How long until I should be worried? I got the app complete email 7/11 and my last AADSAS update was Application Complete on 7/11. I'm thinking if it goes more than two months without hearing anything it's safe to say my hopes are dashed?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

One of the applicants who just got an interview invitation was complete on 7/1/16. So I think you should give yourself about 3 weeks.

I'm just confused because I also have a 21 AA, 22 TS, 3.66 oGPA, 3.59 sGPA and did research and didn't get one.. Hopefully they do rolling invites, that'd really give me some hope. Still on team no interview.
They take so much more in account than just your numbers. People aren't stats. Keep waiting though because your stats happen to be great!

Hey guys, if I am planning on retaking my DAT would you recommend paying the $75 fee or waiting. I am just worried they will make a decision before I have a chance to retake. Or do they not reject until December?
They don't reject until the end of the cycle. Months after December.

Status
Not open for further replies.