***The Official UNC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone got a packet yet...?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UNC lets us know or if they update AADSAS status when they receive our deposit check? Also, do they actually cash the check before January 2nd? My mail has been stuck on the same status for last 3 days, and I mailed it about a week ago. So I was just a little worried.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I just received a letter from UNC saying that I am an "alternate".

Is this the same thing as being waitlisted? Is it likely that I get a spot in this year's class?

Did not receive that. But I think we will hear more in January.

Anybody know an approximate day in January they’ll send out their next round?

Called admissions and Ms. Oakes said that all 82 spots were filled and indirectly said there would be no more acceptances. Can anyone comment on the validity of this statement. I asked if more spots opened up from the deposits and she didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about.

Called admissions and Ms. Oakes said that all 82 spots were filled and indirectly said there would be no more acceptances. Can anyone comment on the validity of this statement. I asked if more spots opened up from the deposits and she didn’t seem to understand what I was talking about.

I got a letter saying that I was selected as an alternate and that if a spot becomes available I would be considered for it. I had to sign a few forms and mail them back. I think they already sent out all acceptances. But it’s not unreasonable to think that some spots might empty up between now and August.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a letter saying that I was selected as an alternate and that if a spot becomes available I would be considered for it. I had to sign a few forms and mail them back. I think they already sent out all acceptances. But it’s not unreasonable to think that some spots might empty up between now and August.

Lol then what does not alternate, not accepted, not rejected mean?

Lol then what does not alternate, not accepted, not rejected mean?

I really don’t know to be honest with you. I was in the same boat up until I got the alternate letter in snail mail. My AADSAS never changed. It’s still “under review”. I’m not counting on being taken off the alternate list. I doubt many people would give up their acceptance spots and I don’t know how many are on the alternate list. I’m looking elsewhere.

Last edited:
I really don’t know to be honest with you. I was in the same boat up until I got the alternate letter in snail mail. My AADSAS never changed. It’s still “under review”. I’m not counting on being taken off the alternate list. I doubt many people would give up their spots and I don’t know how many are on the alternate list. I’m looking elsewhere.

Yeah I don’t like being in the dark. I know they filled their class. But I keep getting missed signals
I really don’t know to be honest with you. I was in the same boat up until I got the alternate letter in snail mail. My AADSAS never changed. It’s still “under review”. I’m not counting on being taken off the alternate list. I doubt many people would give up their spots and I don’t know how many are on the alternate list. I’m looking elsewhere.

Yeah I paid my deposit at ECU which I’m really excited about. Just hope I have the option of ECU vs UNC. I would think unless you’re rejected you have a shot but who knows. I just hate being in the dark.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I don’t like being in the dark. I know they filled their class. But I keep getting missed signals

Yeah I paid my deposit at ECU which I’m really excited about. Just hope I have the option of ECU vs UNC. I would think unless you’re rejected you have a shot but who knows. I just hate being in the dark.

I’m still waiting to hear from ECU. I paid my deposit at WVU but would really like to stay instate. I don’t think you should be worried if you got accepted at ECU. ECU is a great school.

January 3rd (tomorrow) is the next day they will offer admission to alternates. Good luck everyone!

UPDATE: Sorry--was misinformed! Not sure when the next admission offers will go out but when I find out, will post.

Last edited:
Do you know if unc gives out rejection letters or is it just kind of like a silent rejection?

They do not send out hard copy rejection letters but they do email you about rejection.

any action?

Today is the deadline for those accepted on December 1st to turn in their forms. We might see some action tomorrow or Friday.

Does anyone know when we'd be able to create our ONYEN IDs? I tried creating one and I got an error saying that my PID is not qualified for an ONYEN.

I know a good amount of people who declined UNC so there should be spots opening up!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Just found out some knowledge--apparently at least 6 people declined UNC for Harvard, Columbia, ECU etc. So, I second @wgodw1, spots should be opening up. The admissions committee said they are having another meeting because of this, so hopefully in the next month or so, you guys should hear something!

Reactions: 1 users
Just found out some knowledge--apparently at least 6 people declined UNC for Harvard, Columbia, ECU etc. So, I second @wgodw1, spots should be opening up. The admissions committee said they are having another meeting because of this, so hopefully in the next month or so, you guys should hear something!

Just a question out of curiosity. But if they already have a waitlist and I was told on the phone that the waitlist is ranked, why would there be another meeting to discuss to fill those spots? Especially considering the people that didn't receive waitlist letters and are waitlist of the waitlist.

Just a question out of curiosity. But if they already have a waitlist and I was told on the phone that the waitlist is ranked, why would there be another meeting to discuss to fill those spots? Especially considering the people that didn't receive waitlist letters and are waitlist of the waitlist.

In an email I got from Carolyn Oakes she told me that the waitlist is not ranked. They would have to meet to reevaluate applicants.

In an email I got from Carolyn Oakes she told me that the waitlist is not ranked. They would have to meet to reevaluate applicants.

She told me the same. That’s why they need to meet again.

Yes—it’s not ranked because when someone does not accept the offer, UNC has to then match that person’s gender and ethnicity because the class has to reflect the population of NC. For example, if a male Hispanic declines a spot, they have to find a male Hispanic to take that person’s place (or probably if a female White and an Asian male both declined, they could accept an Asian female and white male perhaps). There’s no ranked waitlist because they can’t predict what race/gender will decline and don’t have a replacement right then and there. Make sense?

Yes—it’s not ranked because when someone does not accept the offer, UNC has to then match that person’s gender and ethnicity because the class has to reflect the population of NC. For example, if a male Hispanic declines a spot, they have to find a male Hispanic to take that person’s place (or probably if a female White and an Asian male both declined, they could accept an Asian female and white male perhaps). There’s no ranked waitlist because they can’t predict what race/gender will decline and don’t have a replacement right then and there. Make sense?

Why have people that aren’t waitlisted and aren’t rejected. Sounds pointless.

If you have not heard a peep from UNC, can one conclude that they are not going there?

I was rejected without interview a couple months ago. Just got an e-mail today from the undergrad admissions department addressed to "Tj" with my last name. My name is not Tj and I have never been called Tj. Why do you hate me UNC?

Just got a call that I was accepted this evening!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!!! I was waitlisted and still haven’t heard anything yet. Anyone else get a call yet?

I called Carolyn today and she said they have a full class. Spots did not open up on Jan 3rd

I called Carolyn today and she said they have a full class. Spots did not open up on Jan 3rd
It was noted before that the class was filled before January, but recently atleast six people were declining their offers and those spots were going to the alternate list. Does that mean that Carolyn meant those 6 alternate spots were filled?

It was noted before that the class was filled before January, but recently atleast six people were declining their offers and those spots were going to the alternate list. Does that mean that Carolyn meant those 6 alternate spots were filled?
Yeah that’s what I’m confused about too.

I asked “so spots didn’t open on Jan 3rd?” And she said no, the class is full. So I’m not really sure if she just can’t disclose or what but that’s what she said

Anyone know what’s going on at this point?
I would sit tight for now—I could be wrong but I believe accepted students with deposit liabilities have until April or May to finalize a single school decision.

I asked “so spots didn’t open on Jan 3rd?” And she said no, the class is full. So I’m not really sure if she just can’t disclose or what but that’s what she said

She told me the same thing but when I called late December. She said spots weren’t going to open up. So I think they’re just saying that.

Reeeeeejected. TarHeel born, TarHeel bred, but no TarHeel dentist. On a lighter note ... GTHD

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.