***The Official UNC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for offerring this opportunity! I am an OOS applicant. What I am most worried about is the OOS tuition. I find different UNC sources having different estimates for OOS students. Like during my interview, I got 2 separate papers. One said the estimated tuition and fees for OOS to be 92K, whereas the other one said it to be 82K. So I am really confused as to which one I can trust. Also, how hard is it to get in state residency second year? That would really help.

I got an offer from UT Houston too, and they are offering me a 6000 dollar scholarship with allows me to be considered in state. So for UT Houston my cumulative loans for tuition and fees would be about 160K. Nonetheless, UNC is my first choice mainly primarily bc I love the state of NC and the fact that UNC is really big on community service. That is something that I am really looking forward to.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It isn't difficult at all to get in state tuition after your first year. UNC tries hard to get everyone that's out of state, in state tuition after the first year and that's worth well over $6K!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! I'll call them on Monday to check on that since I don't think they are open on the weekends right? Or would email be the preferred contact method?

That may be a little early to call and check. I would give it a week or two!

If there was no call from the school yesterday, does it mean rejected or waitlisted?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been an overwhelming couple days, finally get the chance to post here now. I got the call at 10am on Friday! I was also offered a scholarship--which brought me to tears, definitely was not expecting that!! I'm in state btw. :soexcited: This was my second year applying, so for those that don't get an offer this year--keep trying!

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone want to trade their UNC acceptance for my UPENN one?

Thanks.

So I just called and asked about the waitlist and currently there is no waitlist and rejection list in place currently. All acceptances were sent out on Dec. 1st, but I am assuming they are waiting for people to either accept or reject their offer before doing anything else. And there is no ranking for their waitlist.

Does anyone know when we will receive our admission packets in the mail?

Does anyone know when we will receive our admission packets in the mail?
They said they were gonna mail it out today. So I think we should get it sometime this week.

Congratulations to all that were able to hear back from UNC-CH so soon! Addressing those who are presumed to still be on the wait list - has anyone contacted the program in regards to their status? I interviewed with them prior to December and have not received an e-mail nor have I seen a change decision status on ADEA AADSAS' application portal. I understand the admissions staff are very busy and it is important that us applicants be patient. Any assistance is appreciated! Thank you.

Last edited:
Congratulations to all that were able to hear back from UNC-CH so soon! Addressing those who are presumed to still be on the wait list - has anyone contacted the program in regards to their status? I interviewed with them prior to December and have not received an e-mail nor have I seen a change decision status on ADEA AADSAS' application portal. I understand the admissions staff are very busy and it is important that us applicants be patient. Any assistance is appreciated! Thank you.

My dentist called Dr. Pettiete, she said another wave was coming soon but all 82 spots were filled so they’re waiting to see who accepts. She said this year was extremely competitive.

Has anyone heard about a Facebook page for the class of 2022?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard about a Facebook page for the class of 2022?
I don't think anyone made it yet. Do you wanna make it?

Did anyone get their acceptance packet in mail yet?

Any idea what their plan is regarding sending out more acceptances after the first batch is sent? I am obviously very anxious about learning more about my status because I was offered an OOS acceptance but am still very interested on attending UNC bc of in state tuition and their great reputation and school.

Hello all! Did anyone who received an acceptance from UNC this cycle not take physiology yet?

For those accepted, do we just wait for the packet to arrive before doing anything?

The packets were sent out on Tuesday apparently. I called to ask and they were surprised that I hadn’t received it yet. I’m in Greenville NC btw

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone here know if UNC requires a mandatory new laptop purchase? Or can we use our current one as long as it meets certain requirements?

Oh so you just have to buy the model they tell you to buy?

I think they have 6-7 options that you can choose from. What I don't know is if we can buy the same laptop from somewhere else, since they are cheaper at other places.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow those are way more expensive than if we just bought them from BestBuy

That's what I was thinking lol. The sad thing is, I just bought my laptop last December, and it's got better specs than almost all laptops on there. I had actually planned to get an iPad pro with Apple pencil if I could've used my own laptop. But I guess I'll have to spend on a new laptop now.

Wow those are way more expensive than if we just bought them from BestBuy

Yeah lol I would have rather just bought it on my own (as would everyone else as far as I know). However it does come with 4 years of insurance so it's covered for your entire 4 years of school. It's kinda lame but it's moreso so that they can make sure everything is encrypted correctly for patient confidentiality and stuff. Also you get a microsoft account through the school with 1 TB of storage space on one drive. So... you don't really need memory on your computer since you have tons of room to save evreything on the cloud.

Yeah lol I would have rather just bought it on my own (as would everyone else as far as I know). However it does come with 4 years of insurance so it's covered for your entire 4 years of school. It's kinda lame but it's moreso so that they can make sure everything is encrypted correctly for patient confidentiality and stuff. Also you get a microsoft account through the school with 1 TB of storage space on one drive. So... you don't really need memory on your computer since you have tons of room to save evreything on the cloud.

Do we have to make our laptop purchase before we receive our loan money?

Don't get a PC. About 90% of the class has MACs and I got a PC and even though the model I got had great reviews online and execs use it, my sound is completely gone and my mouse doesn't work correctly. Had to take it to OCIS and others with PCs have as well. Sucks.

Does anyone know about the process for OOS to become considered In-State? Is it easy? When does it take effect? and how much would be total cost of attendance breakdown if someone entered OOS and then did this? Thank you!

Does anyone know about the process for OOS to become considered In-State? Is it easy? When does it take effect? and how much would be total cost of attendance breakdown if someone entered OOS and then did this? Thank you!

According to some students I've talked to, you just have to show proof that you want to make NC your state of residency, such as get a lease/mortgage, change your driver's license, and car registration and then wait a year. As for costs, I don't think there is an estimated budget for the 2018-2019 students, but on their website they have this. https://www.dentistry.unc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/2016-2017-Estimated-Expenses-1.pdf?x29767

Thank you! For this, we would swap to in-state costs after a year, right? Just want to make 100% sure

Since we're on the subject of computer requirements, I noticed that the UNC book store still has the 2016 MacBook pro, but not the 2017 one. Is that just because they haven't updated the website, or are they still selling the 2016 version for that much money?

Still on the topic of the laptop, I'm assuming all books, tests, etc. are going to be on it? Or am I mistaken?...

Still on the topic of the laptop, I'm assuming all books, tests, etc. are going to be on it? Or am I mistaken?...
Nah all our exams are on scantrons and a test is handed out to us. And we don't really use books. There are "required" readings, but whether you do them is up to you. The ebooks will be given to you at some point before school starts by previous students so you don't have to but them (unless you want the physical copy).

Status
Not open for further replies.