***The Official UNC Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DentMuze

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a thread started for UNC yet, so I figured I'd start it out!
Class of 2020 Stats:
Accepted: 82 (IS: 69, OOS: 31)
Avg Science GPA: 3.51
Avg Non-Science GPA: 3.63
DAT: 21AA 21PA 20QR 22RC 21TS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Has anyone heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone heard anything?

No yet, since most likely, UNC won't review my application til they get my DAT scores. Have they cashed your check yet?, are you out-state or in-State?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
No yet, since most likely, UNC won't review my application til they get my DAT scores. Have they cashed your check yet?, are you out-state or in-State?

Check just got cashed August 2nd. Got the app complete email July 12. This is my second time applying there. Never got an interview the first time so I'm hoping this time is better. I'm IS.

Check just got cashed August 2nd. Got the app complete email July 12. This is my second time applying there. Never got an interview the first time so I'm hoping this time is better. I'm IS.

As far as I know, they start with OS interviews in September, then with IS applicants. Good luck, if you don't mind asking What was your DAT scores and GPA?

As far as I know, they start with OS interviews in September, then with IS applicants. Good luck, if you don't mind asking What was your DAT scores and GPA?

OGPA: 3.74 SGPA: 3.74 AA/TS/PAT/QR/RC: 20/21/19/18/21 none below 17. I know my stats are not stellar, but I'm really hoping to hear something from UNC. What do your stats look like?

OGPA: 3.74 SGPA: 3.74 AA/TS/PAT/QR/RC: 20/21/19/18/21 none below 17. I know my stats are not stellar, but I'm really hoping to hear something from UNC. What do your stats look like?

I don't know yet since my application is verifying my GPA, I calculated to be around 3.6 general and 3.5 science. About the DAT, I'm not taking mine til the first week of September. Your GPA is great!!! Just quick question why you didn't retake your DAT? and What have you done different this year from last year's application?

I don't know yet since my application is verifying my GPA, I calculated to be around 3.6 general and 3.5 science. About the DAT, I'm not taking mine til the first week of September. Your GPA is great!!! Just quick question why you didn't retake your DAT? and What have you done different this year from last year's application?

Haha, that is my retake. It seems no matter how hard I study for this exam, I cannot do better than this. I recently graduated so all my pre-reqs are done. I've done a lot more shadowing than before with 4 dentists. I've also done much more volunteer work with the NC MOM. I continue to work full time like I've been doing since high school. My LOR's are much stronger than before as well. I just hope my DAT doesn't hinder my chances.

Reactions: 1 users
Haha, that is my retake. It seems no matter how hard I study for this exam, I cannot do better than this. I recently graduated so all my pre-reqs are done. I've done a lot more shadowing than before with 4 dentists. I've also done much more volunteer work with the NC MOM. I continue to work full time like I've been doing since high school. My LOR's are much stronger than before as well. I just hope my DAT doesn't hinder my chances.

I hope you get interviews, I really don't know what schools are looking exactly (as some focus just on DAT and GPA, while others on the whole package). I got a friend that got interview with a 19 AA at ECU and got in last year, while other got a 23 AA and got into UNC, but both were offer interviews to either ECU/UNC Good luck to you!

Last edited:
Interview #4

School: UNC
Notification date: 08/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/14
Application complete date: 6/23
GPA (science, overall): 3.76, 3.77
DAT (AA/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/24/24/none

Last edited:
Does anyone have to reschedule theirs??

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone in-state received an invitation?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Got an interview today! Im an OOS applicant as well.

Interview #4!

School: UNC
Notification date: 08/16
Method of notification: email
Residency: GA
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/8
Application complete date: 6/27
GPA (science, overall): 3.93, 3.93
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/QR/any section below a 17): 24/24/22/25/25/none

Is there any stories of anyone having to reschedule that did not get re-invited?

Not yet... Hopefully soon considering we had to let them know by tomorrow?

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I did notice that they said to get back to them ASAP, i figured they would do the same so it got me worried when I had not heard back yet.

Interview # 2
Notification Date: 09/14
NC resident
SGPA: 3.74 OGPA: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR) 20/21/19/21/18

Anyone have any advice about the interview? Did anyone go to the social? If so how was it? Any info would be helpful.

Interview # 2
Notification Date: 09/14
NC resident
SGPA: 3.74 OGPA: 3.74
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/RC/QR) 20/21/19/21/18

Anyone have any advice about the interview? Did anyone go to the social? If so how was it? Any info would be helpful.

When is your interview?

Interview #1
Notification Date: 9/15
Method of Notification: E-Mail
Residency: NC
GPA (science, overall): 3.28, 3.57
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below 17): 24/24/21/24/None

Interview #1
What day did you submit your application?

Interview #1
What day did you submit your application?

I paid my supplemental application fee via check, received the confirmation email that my application was complete, and interviewed at UNC, but my check still hasn’t been cashed...anyone else have a check that hasn’t been cashed?

I paid my supplemental application fee via check, received the confirmation email that my application was complete, and interviewed at UNC, but my check still hasn’t been cashed...anyone else have a check that hasn’t been cashed?

Same, the check was never cashed for me...

Actually, I just checked my bank account and it was indeed cashed today.

Hi if anyone has any advice on the interview could you please pm me? Just got offered one today!

Anyone care to mention how their interview went?
I think my interview went well. Their interview is really laid back and conversational. You will have 3 separate interview sessions, 30 minutes each. For me, all of the 3 interviews were 1 on 1.

I think my interview went well. Their interview is really laid back and conversational. You will have 3 separate interview sessions, 30 minutes each. For me, all of the 3 interviews were 1 on 1.
Did you have any group interview? and Was there a writing session, too?

As the interview date approaches, I am getting really nervous. Knowing that there will be about 80 people there, but less than 25 students will be accepted from November's interview does not help my nervousness either! UNC is my dream school and I do not want to fail my interview. Any tips for UNC's interview? Thanks in advance!

As the interview date approaches, I am getting really nervous. Knowing that there will be about 80 people there, but less than 25 students will be accepted from November's interview does not help my nervousness either! UNC is my dream school and I do not want to fail my interview. Any tips for UNC's interview? Thanks in advance!
Just relax and be yourself. It's a chill process and if you have an invite they already like you, so don't worry and just try to be relaxed for it. They are just trying to make sure you are a good fit for the school.

Did anyone see a status change on their AADSAS after the interview? Mine went from 'Invited for Interview" to "Application Complete". Just wondering if they are changing it to this for everyone who interviewed.

Did anyone see a status change on their AADSAS after the interview? Mine went from 'Invited for Interview" to "Application Complete". Just wondering if they are changing it to this for everyone who interviewed.
Mine also updated to Application Complete

Does anyone know when the last interviews will be set? I'm under the impression that they are going to accept their class of 2022 on December 1st. I applied late, which I'm sure they don't appreciate, but deadlines are deadlines for a reason. I took my DAT on 9/20 and submitted my app on 9/28 by the Oct. 1st deadline, my stats are on par with their avgs. 3.6 OGPA, 3.3 SGPA, 20 AA 22 TS. None below 17. UNC cashed my check on 10/12 but haven't heard from them since.

Does anyone know when the last interviews will be set? I'm under the impression that they are going to accept their class of 2022 on December 1st. I applied late, which I'm sure they don't appreciate, but deadlines are deadlines for a reason. I took my DAT on 9/20 and submitted my app on 9/28 by the Oct. 1st deadline, my stats are on par with their avgs. 3.6 OGPA, 3.3 SGPA, 20 AA 22 TS. None below 17. UNC cashed my check on 10/12 but haven't heard from them since.

I just got the invite for interview last week. It is set for Nov 4.

Hey I applied 2 days after you (sent my money order on the 9/30), I got invited about a week ago. The last set is Nov 4. Goodluck hopefully you'll still get one!

You guys think there might be a difference btw “application complete” and “received/under review”?

You guys think there might be a difference btw “application complete” and “received/under review”?
I honestly don't know. Mine was "application complete" for almost 2 months after my interview and just recently changed to "received/under review".

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.