***The Official UCSF Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

So if I still haven't received the supplemental application, is it safe to assume that they're not interested in me? How long did it take for you guys to receive it after getting your app mailed out?

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview invite yesterday as well and I am in state
Nice! How are your stats/EC's if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a notch below their averages (3.4 oGPA 21 AA) but I had some bombdiggity EC's... wondering how much UCSF emphasizes them.

Reactions: 1 user
Nice! How are your stats/EC's if you don't mind me asking?

I'm a notch below their averages (3.4 oGPA 21 AA) but I had some bombdiggity EC's... wondering how much UCSF emphasizes them.
Probably depends, pretty sure they like research since they are heavily research oriented.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you receive an interview invitation and get rejected, do they notify you after December or do they do it before December? Also, what are the changes of getting in/get waitlisted if you interview?

From what I've gathered from previous years, if you are a CA resident you have a bit less than 50 percent chance of getting in after an interview, lower for out of state.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hey guys, was wondering if the instructions "The replies to these questions should not be a repeat of what you wrote in response to the questions in the AADSAS application." regarding the essay questions meant 1) choose a topic to write about that hasn't yet been mentioned in your personal statement, or 2) don't copy and paste what you wrote on the statement/ activity descriptions.

For the "initiative" and "community" essays in particular, I wrote about my most significant activities in my AADSAS statement already. Would suck to have to write about another activity I wasn't as invested in if I'm not allowed to repeat anything from AADSAS.

Thanks!

It was super quiet this past week. Were tons of people getting interviews that aren't SDN members, or do the interviews just roll out at a snail's pace?

I just got an email from UCSF saying that my application complete (9/12). Should I not expect pre-december interviews? It's too late right?

for UCSF's biochemistry requirement, does anyone know if biochem can be taken online through a four year institution or does it have to be on site at a campus?

I submitted AADSAS on 9/1 (kind of late) and have heard from every school in regards to secondaries besides UCSF. Should I be worried or will it take a bit longer for them to request a secondary?

Asking for a friend:
A friend received an interview invitation for September 30th, but she mentioned today that she just received a denial email from the school. Is it a mistake? or is ti possible to be denied even-though you have a schedule interview? She's calling UCSF on Monday.

I got a denial email literally an hour ago but no interview invite. REALLY hoping it's a mistake. Clucked up either way, if it's a secretarial mistake or an actual rejection :arghh:
I just checked my junk mail and I received the same email at around 5pm! This can be good news or bad news for all of us i guess! Hoping its a mistake!

I got a denial email literally an hour ago but no interview invite. REALLY hoping it's a mistake. Clucked up either way, if it's a secretarial mistake or an actual rejection :arghh:
Also rejected at 5:01pm today. Probably not a mistake...:shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
For all you you who got rejection emails, when was your app under review by Ucsf? I didn't know they sent rejections this early!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Holy crap, I leave to go to the mall for 3.5 hours and this poop storm happens!

Last edited:
Holy crap, I leave to go to the mall for 3.5 hours and this happens poop storm happens!
Same. I'm frantically checking my email now, but there's nothing. Possibly because my supplemental wasn't done until August 3rd. Extremely nervous!

Reactions: 1 users
Also rejected ! 3.39 gpa 21aa/22ts
I'm in state too .
;(

Oh well! Can't win them all over with my stats .

Did anyone receive any interview invites this last Friday?!
I did not hear anything from UCSF. I am still hopeful.

Is your friend in state?
Asking for a friend:
A friend received an interview invitation for September 30th, but she mentioned today that she just received a denial email from the school. Is it a mistake? or is ti possible to be denied even-though you have a schedule interview? She's calling UCSF on Monday.

Also got a rejection email last Friday (OOS) -- 4+ GPA, high DAT and a publication so I assume they have a really clear vision of what they want in their class!

How's your ECs and LORs?

Pretty good as far as I'm aware. Have gotten interviews at other comparable schools, so I imagine it's either more about 'fit' or my secondaries were awful, haha.

Pretty good as far as I'm aware. Have gotten interviews at other comparable schools, so I imagine it's either more about 'fit' or my secondaries were awful, haha.
Are you in state or OOS? When did you submit your secondary?

So I submitted my supplemental on 7/25/2016 but still haven't received an email from them. I know they said they will not provide status updates via email or phone, but it's been nine weeks... The site I submitted the supplemental says it has been received, but I haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone had the same problem and gotten in contact with admissions/gotten an update?

So I submitted my supplemental on 7/25/2016 but still haven't received an email from them. I know they said they will not provide status updates via email or phone, but it's been nine weeks... The site I submitted the supplemental says it has been received, but I haven't heard anything from them. Has anyone had the same problem and gotten in contact with admissions/gotten an update?
In the same boat with you as of having no contact. I'm just waiting it out.

Did you not get an email saying that your app is under review from UCSF?

Same here...just waiting it out. I'm just assuming maybe as a local, they'll contact me last minute if other people need to reschedule their interview...

I submitted AADSAS on 9/1 (kind of late) and have heard from every school in regards to secondaries besides UCSF. Should I be worried or will it take a bit longer for them to request a secondary?

Super worried I applied too late for UCSF. Am I being impatient?

rejected a few days ago. :(
oh well. time to move on
gpa: 3.75 DAT: 20aa/20ts

rejected a few days ago. :(
oh well. time to move on
gpa: 3.75 DAT: 20aa/20ts

Sorry to hear that! At this point I'm waiting for one too, everyone has better stats than I do and have been getting rejected.

When was your mail out date and when did you complete the supplemental app?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Super worried I applied too late for UCSF. Am I being impatient?

I was being impatient they sent me the secondary email today. Hoping for the best, even with my lateness.

I was also invited for an Interview today! I received notice of my application being complete on August 5th. Good luck everyone! Also, I am a CA resient

Reactions: 2 users